Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Help!!

Looking into a move to Red Deer. I love duck and goose hunting.
Couple of questions,how far outside the city would I have to go to get into good hunting and do I need to bring my boat ? (14' Lund) I have an enclosed trailer and I am fully rigged for fields but I just want to be sure I don`t need my boat.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM

Lots of good goose shooting by stettler, bout hour and 15min NE of Red Deer. Good field shooting, so not neccesary to have the boat. anywhere east of hwy you are going to get into some great shooting.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM

would you be interested in guiding for a few hunts? Good way to get to know your way around and what there is out there. I need to find a guide or spotter or 2 for 3 or 4 hunts in the fall if you are interested. It will be in the Panoka , Bashaw area not too far from Red Deer.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
would you be interested in guiding for a few hunts? Good way to get to know your way around and what there is out there. I need to find a guide or spotter or 2 for 3 or 4 hunts in the fall if you are interested. It will be in the Panoka , Bashaw area not too far from Red Deer.
?????...I hope I'm missing something here....... Don't know if I would be too comfortable with a "guide" who had moved to the Province 6 weeks before the season opened.....IMO
Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM

Why not? He is not on his own. We work together as a team spotting and guiding. It is not rocket science to spot birds. Got the maps and know where the roost ponds are. Folow the birds, get permission. I usually help set up decoys or my partner does and if A guy can blow a call half decent then it is a breeze. Sure it is easier if a guy knows his way around but it ain't rocket science.