Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM

I sent you a pm catnthehat thanks

It really is a sin the way some people are in Fort McMurray. I am not really sure why it is so bad hear for garbage and stuff. Maybe because most people are not from hear and don't plan on staying. What ever the reason there is no excuse for it. It is the worst when the snow melts to see all the garbage on the sides of the road.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:44 PM

Some folk behave that way -trashing a place out- when they are away from home, or are in an area for a good time not a long time.

Why should they have any respect for other people's land when they don't own any of their own, nor do they apparently have any respect for themselves or others. The thinking, if there is any thinking, is that nobody out here knows me so I can get away with anything.

Doesn't help their mommies and daddies are out East so there's no one to slap sense into their still-adolescent brains.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Doesn't help their mommies and daddies are out East so there's no one to slap sense into their still-adolescent brains.
I wouldn't blame it all on Easterners,many of these people have lived here for many generations.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 PM

A guy does the right thing by asking for info and the thread draws in rude and condescending comments. I am noticing a trend on this forum.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM

EH11, of course it's not all Eastern transients. Every community raises people who disrespect others (and themselves in the process). I pick up the trash these guys leave behind about half the times I'm at my club's range.

Matter of fact all our members pick up the idjiots' trash and we're fed up with the disrespect.

Personally, I don't consider my comments in this regard to be condescending in any way. I speak of what I see and of what I end up cleaning up.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 PM
gitrdun

I don't think he was refering to you ....
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I don't think he was refering to you .
Me neither,but I was just pointing out that some of the worst offenders in my area,are the ones that have been here for many generations.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
A guy does the right thing by asking for info and the thread draws in rude and condescending comments. I am noticing a trend on this forum.
x2
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM

I have only lived in fort mac for about 4 years but over those 4 years tower road has turned in to a dump. i mean there was alot of garbage there befor but i noticed over the last 4 years it has gotten insane.

I would rather go for a drive around the city dump then up tower road anymore.

i guess i will start taking my dog out around highway 69 or stony mountain. who knows what your dog could get into up on tower road anymore.