Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-21-2019, 01:59 PM

Default New 39 hrs

https://youtu.be/zavWklSO1vk

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2019, 09:16 PM

I enjoyed the first one. If the brothers are in it again my money is on them.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
I’m thinking them or Aron. Team shimano. They had some motor difficulties last episode that cost some time. Gonna be close again either way.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Putting my money on the Conrads as well. Them fellows don't dick around, they just simply put something nice in front of fish and they bite.

Last edited by OL_JR; 12-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:10 AM

Got to go with my hometown boys J an Aaron

Old 12-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Have never been more excited for anything in my life. 39H Pt 1 is the best "tv show" I've ever watched. Very curious how Peric and Haatja do as Team USA. Alumacraft putting up big money for this, so Jay gets subbed in because he's Alumacraft Pro Staff and Aaron had a falling out wth them and moved on to Warrior Boats, so they'll be using Jay's boat. I will definitely miss Manny tho. Would have enjoyed he and Schick as a team...
Old 12-22-2019, 11:00 AM

It's gonna be epic!!!!

Go Team Dakota Lithium!
Old 12-23-2019, 09:40 AM

Can wait!

If you cant wait to the 8th, there is a new season of Perch Pro going on right now on the Kanalgratis channel. Or old seasons of fly vs jerk are all on there channel too!
Old 01-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Premier is tonight!
Old 01-08-2020, 03:58 PM

beside myself excited about this....... 6:30 MST it'll hit the webs!
Old 01-08-2020, 04:27 PM

Super excited! I even got an alarm set so I don't miss it.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:49 PM

101 min to go.......!

Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 PM

Default Link to actual S2E1 episiode

For those of limited online ability or on ridiculous LTE data plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODzxVjfTC4

ETA 24 minutes!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:12 PM

Holy **** is this ever going to be good!!! What a start and a nice idea to have a pre-fish episode to start it all off!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Holy **** is this ever going to be good!!! What a start and a nice idea to have a pre-fish episode to start it all off!
It's like friggin Christmas for fish guys lol...
Old 01-09-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
It's like friggin Christmas for fish guys lol...

Seriously though....those lake trout the twins were catching!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
Seriously though....those lake trout the twins were catching!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why you pay 5 to $7,000 a week to fish those kind of lakes though.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:08 AM

Those lakers aint got **** compared to the bows i catch at carson lake.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-09-2020, 09:31 AM

This competition would be a blast
Old 01-09-2020, 10:05 AM

Took me to the end to realize that they were "pre-fishing"

Beauty lakers!
Old 01-09-2020, 10:07 AM

So, I'm a bit of a 39H superfan...have seen S1 a billion times. Here's something I posted on a different forum (Manitoba based) where the consensus was that last night was a bit of a let down......

Random scatter-shot of thoughts......

-I like the idea of a pre-fish ep...

-I am already sick of Peric's "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!".....are you six? Talk like an adult.

-Taro slipping on the dock is the funniest thing I've seen online in a really really long time...almost fell out of my chair

-The explanation of the sturgeon closure and the loopholes as explained by AW was interesting and perhaps slightly concerning but very thankful they didn't say where they were

-I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like the Konrads are almost "cheating" by flying into a lodge where the guides basically told them where to go to get monster lakers and pike.

-I know they're just playing it up for the cameras, but the Konrads attitude in this ep really has me pulling for any team but them

-If you watch 39H S1 and compare Aaron's overall personality/attitude/demeanor to what we saw last night, it kind of made me sad. He just really doesn't seem "into it". He was SO excited in S1....last night I kinda got the impression that he really didn't even wanna be there. Just how I felt watching it, anyhow.

I'm definitely not as disappointed as some are. We all had our hopes up so high because S1 was so incredible, and it's always tough to live up to those unrealistic expectations, but I thought it was a solid first ep. Once we get into the real stuff where they're really competing....it's going to get interesting for sure. Dropped fish by the side of the boat (remember Manny's lost sturgeon at PdB in S1??) will be excruciating and monsters that make it to the net will be euphoric....

I'm excited for next week, for sure...
Old 01-09-2020, 10:22 AM

I am a big fan of 39H as well, maybe not superfan status yet lol. But I agree with you Poppa, it does feel like the Konrads are cheating. Flying into a place with bigger fish and less pressure then the great lakes puts them at a big advantage. I'm on team Saskatchewan for representing the West but I just dont think the playing field is as even as it was in season 1.

Also, we need Manny back!
Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
So, I'm a bit of a 39H superfan...have seen S1 a billion times. Here's something I posted on a different forum (Manitoba based) where the consensus was that last night was a bit of a let down......

Random scatter-shot of thoughts......

-I like the idea of a pre-fish ep...

-I am already sick of Peric's "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!".....are you six? Talk like an adult.

-Taro slipping on the dock is the funniest thing I've seen online in a really really long time...almost fell out of my chair

-The explanation of the sturgeon closure and the loopholes as explained by AW was interesting and perhaps slightly concerning but very thankful they didn't say where they were

-I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like the Konrads are almost "cheating" by flying into a lodge where the guides basically told them where to go to get monster lakers and pike.

-I know they're just playing it up for the cameras, but the Konrads attitude in this ep really has me pulling for any team but them

-If you watch 39H S1 and compare Aaron's overall personality/attitude/demeanor to what we saw last night, it kind of made me sad. He just really doesn't seem "into it". He was SO excited in S1....last night I kinda got the impression that he really didn't even wanna be there. Just how I felt watching it, anyhow.

I'm definitely not as disappointed as some are. We all had our hopes up so high because S1 was so incredible, and it's always tough to live up to those unrealistic expectations, but I thought it was a solid first ep. Once we get into the real stuff where they're really competing....it's going to get interesting for sure. Dropped fish by the side of the boat (remember Manny's lost sturgeon at PdB in S1??) will be excruciating and monsters that make it to the net will be euphoric....

I'm excited for next week, for sure...
I was a little disappointed as well. I didn't really like the idea of pre-fishing as it takes away from a competitive episode. Not saying I didn't enjoy it the episode overall!

Peric is definitely a little annoying. I respect him for managing to make an exceptional living as a Youtube fisherman, but I honestly don't feel like he's any better of a fisherman than I am. Whereas the other competitors seem to be legitimate pros.

I think the Konrads just have a dry sense of humour. I thought their overconfidence was funny. I also like how they're terrific fisherman, but appear to be far less technical than most of the others. AW is probably my favourite fisherman, but sometimes he makes what he's doing sound like brain surgery.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM

Weibes livescope/panoptics is a huge advantage over all the other teams.

Respect wildlife
Old 01-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
Weibes livescope/panoptics is a huge advantage over all the other teams.
Not if you're fishing in the far north for the five species they could possibly catch

Old 01-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Not sure how much an advantage the twins have being up north. Considering the points are for different species albeit the biggest, I'd say the boys around the great lakes or USA have the most species of fish available? Sure the twins might get the biggest pike and laker and grayling but may not be able to keep up on species.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:36 PM

Yes I figured possibly five species up north Grayling lake trout, Pike ,sucker, white fish.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Not sure how much an advantage the twins have being up north. Considering the points are for different species albeit the biggest, I'd say the boys around the great lakes or USA have the most species of fish available? Sure the twins might get the biggest pike and laker and grayling but may not be able to keep up on species.
If they can take a plane there, they can take a plane out of there. I assume they'll try to score points on common species (pike and lakers) by catching them at sizes that no one else can match, then fly south to where they were in the first season.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
If they can take a plane there, they can take a plane out of there. I assume they'll try to score points on common species (pike and lakers) by catching them at sizes that no one else can match, then fly south to where they were in the first season.
this is what will happen. They're only staying up there for part of the time, then flying back home and will drive to other spots. They're going to destroy the Laker/Pike points up north, and then go back to Dief to take the Walleye point....

The trick for the other teams will be to capitalize on as many "exclusive" species (the ones that are available in your region, but not in other team's regions) as you can. Interesting that Aaron felt it would take 10-12pts to win it this year.

Really good point about the Panoptix being an advantage. It's insane how much it helps.

I'm very pro-Manitoba (in all things in life...ha ha ha) so I'm cheering hard for Aaron and Jay. Looking forward to next week already!
Old 01-09-2020, 02:44 PM

cheering for the spruce grove boys haha

Respect wildlife