Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Default Travers / Crawling Valley

It appears that the weather will be warming up a bit towards the end of this week. Does anyone know if the winds kept these reservoirs from freezing up around the boat launches and if so how far out and how thick. I feel the need for one last fishing trip before I but the boat under the tarp for winter. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM

Macgregors wide open.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM

There's some Beautiful Walleye in there too....
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 AM

It will be open, but travers is almost all drained down to it's winter depth. Launching a boat still should be ok though at the PP.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the info. folks. I know people are going to think we are crazy pulling a boat along snow covered highways but I think we will give it a try on Friday provided the weather DOES do a turn around tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM

It appears that Saturday may be the better day. Ive heard anywhere from 11 to 21 degrees - depends on who you ask I guess.. Ive also got the same thing in mind. going to Crawling though from Airdrie this weekend.

Anyone do any ice fishing out in that area? Im fairly new to the area as well so am just wondering how it is. Im debating on building a colapsable shack but dont want to leave it where the fishing is bad. Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread. . .

Thanks Guys, Ryan.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Ryan, g'luck out there, might see you on the lake. Weather permitting, we are headed that way too.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks Tuc. Was out on Crawling the Saturday. Walleyes were biting on the west side but to my dismay, not much action on the east side. There were a few people trolling around but never did stop to talk, just tried to avoid the buckshot, if you know what i mean. Also, i never did keep anything. As i always do, its just fishing for the sport of it. I think, if you were out there, we may have crossed paths. We were the 1st boat out and the first off the water. I saw only 3 others.
Great times though. Nice and cold, wind blowing, nose dripping, AND catchin fish!! cant ask for much more in my opinion.
I guess we see what the ice has in store now. . .

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"