Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Default Edmonton and Toronto NHL hubs

News just said it’s almost official. Wow. I really can’t believe they are doing this. Vegas got the boot due to the Plague.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:22 PM

Keep it all in one country. Starting a series in one country and having the finals in another never did make sense to me
Old 07-01-2020, 12:46 PM

Hard to believe they went this route but Yayy. Much more profitable for the NHL to go with the Canuck $$ too.

Toronto wouldnt have been in the discussion for me to be honest with the state of things in Ontario and Matthew's testing positive recently.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:49 PM

Since plus 30 U.S. based NHL players have Covid I really don't want them in Edmonton. Why are we allowing this kind of risk for a totally non-essential service. They can't get agri workers across the border but we are going to allow these over paid children to play a non critical sport. The politicians really do want to distract the general population from focusing too closely on what they are doing. Since Roman times, the games have been used to placate the masses. Nothing has changed in 3000 years and the genrral population is still falling for it.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
News just said it’s almost official. Wow. I really can’t believe they are doing this. Vegas got the boot due to the Plague.
It’s not even close to being done. No matter what that idiot Bettman tells the public, there is a huge contingency of players that don’t want to play.....

https://www.nhltradetalk.com/report-...eturn-to-play/
Old 07-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Not going to lie, it's going to be pretty sweet watching the Flames be the first cup winner in the Oilers new barn. Go Flames Go!!!! Happy Canada Day all..
Old 07-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Not going to lie, it's going to be pretty sweet watching the Flames be the first cup winner in the Oilers new barn. Go Flames Go!!!! Happy Canada Day all..
Wow that's a stretch go jets go

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2020, 01:07 PM

Someone’s been huffing deck stain again...!

Rig rat

Geeze man.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Lol....

You don’t even no for sure what the Calgary roster will look like. How many don’t want to play and how many replacement players will be needed to fill the roster?
Old 07-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Lol....

You don’t even no for sure what the Calgary roster will look like. How many don’t want to play and how many replacement players will be needed to fill the roster?
They also might not be able to find their way to Edmonton. Would be confusing for Calgary 🤪
Old 07-01-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Lol...Anything is possible in Today’s NHL.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:41 PM

Hopefully the 2019/20 playoffs do not happen. Start the 20/21 season this fall , and forget 19/20.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:15 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Since plus 30 U.S. based NHL players have Covid I really don't want them in Edmonton. Why are we allowing this kind of risk for a totally non-essential service. They can't get agri workers across the border but we are going to allow these over paid children to play a non critical sport. The politicians really do want to distract the general population from focusing too closely on what they are doing. Since Roman times, the games have been used to placate the masses. Nothing has changed in 3000 years and the genrral population is still falling for it.

i could see a class action again the nhl by the citizens of edmonton and toronto, if something bad happen...
Old 07-01-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
except the flames would be playing in toronto
Old 07-01-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Hopefully the 2019/20 playoffs do not happen. Start the 20/21 season this fall , and forget 19/20.
This ^^^^^^^^

Imagine a bunch of players sitting at the bench but 3 feet apart. Someone spits his water out and everyone freezes 🥶. Not skating within 6 ft of each other , zero contact. Sterilize the puck every time the ref picks it up. Will they be wearing masks too? Will the hotel staff be locked in those team bubbles for the duration? If someone tests positive, do they shut down the playoffs for 14 days waiting for clearance.

They shut the league down for 4 months and then start the playoffs? That’s the equivalent of having the playoffs in October of a normal season
Old 07-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hope so so that I can hear the mcjesus fanboys scream at the sky because this was the year the Oilers were gonna win it all..
Old 07-02-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwayzie View Post
Hope so so that I can hear the mcjesus fanboys scream at the sky because this was the year the Oilers were gonna win it all..
Are you describing “LENT”?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:43 AM

If it goes, hope Edmonton looses in the first round...and wins the Draft pick (Lafreniere).
Old 07-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Are you describing “LENT”?
What? Lol
Old 07-02-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Exactly and they can still put the name plaque on for the 2019/2020 winners as
The NCHL ( National Covid Health League) TEAM COVID. Just put names of all the teams on it. In alphabetical order. Thanks for your participation
Old 07-02-2020, 11:40 AM

I'd put money down it doesn't happen. The number of cases in US is still going up, and the liability for the league if players, coaches, officials get sick and God forbid die, is enormous. I can't see it, and frankly don't want to see it. Chalk it up as a Covid lock out year and wait to see if they can start a new season in the fall.

And, I also agree with what Dean wrote, about the bread and circuses that the powers that be always use to distract the dummies with when Rome is burning.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-02-2020, 01:09 PM

What are the chances that we will see any sports start up again?Pro or amateur in the next 2 years.
It doesnt look good.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
What are the chances that we will see any sports start up again?Pro or amateur in the next 2 years.
It doesnt look good.
Agreed.....
Old 07-02-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
except the flames would be playing in toronto
No they won't....Stanley cup final will be in Edmonton
Old 07-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
No they won't....Stanley cup final will be in Edmonton

You meant, "no they won't. Not a hope in hell they get anywhere near the Cup final" right?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You meant, "no they won't. Not a hope in hell they get anywhere near the Cup final" right?
Yeah,yeah...That is what I meant...NOT...LOL

Neither Oilers or the Flames were not going to win the cup before covid hit...But now, anything is up for grabs....

However, I believe Jets and Blackhawks will move on...Lets just say gut feeling
Old 07-02-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Yeah,yeah...That is what I meant...NOT...LOL

Neither Oilers or the Flames were not going to win the cup before covid hit...But now, anything is up for grabs....

However, I believe Jets and Blackhawks will move on...Lets just say gut feeling
I'm s Hawks fan and I dont think they have a sniff unless Crawford stands on his head. Oilers were playing good hockey when stupid Covid hit.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I'm s Hawks fan and I dont think they have a sniff unless Crawford stands on his head. Oilers were playing good hockey when stupid Covid hit.
Yeah, but with this lapse in playing, anything is possible...Is Mcdavid ready or is he going to come in slow? Kane? might be on fire...I would not be playing proline for awhile..LOL

Johny hockey takes at least 15 games before he even gets started....

Even Iginla had the same kind of slow starts for a few seasons...
Old 07-02-2020, 08:21 PM

If this thing gets off the ground, I'm predicting a Boston/Edmonton final. Boston's going to come out hot given their long history playing together and if Edmonton can white knuckle the first round they could sting some teams.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
If this thing gets off the ground, I'm predicting a Boston/Edmonton final. Boston's going to come out hot given their long history playing together and if Edmonton can white knuckle the first round they could sting some teams.
That would be great to see and I hope it happens. Vegas will be tough and Colorado in the west. I still hope we get a Calgary Edmonton series