Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2020, 09:12 AM

Default Drive-through touchless car wash in Edmonton?

So, as the title says, looking for a good quality touchless car wash in edmonton. Give up your honey spots! Hoping for something others than Esso/Shell/Crappy Tire.
In turn i can highly recommend the wand wash in Collingwood - Sparkle Express
Old 09-16-2020, 09:29 AM

What end of town are you interested in. There are very few touchless that are really good at getting bugs and mud off, which is why I have gone to using the wand wash almost exclusively. CTS has an undercarriage wash to get the mud off from back roads.

CTS Truck Wash
11959 167 Street Edmonton, Alberta
OR 102 Joblin Street Hinton, Alberta (780) 455-4193

For touchless, the ones in Mr Bubbles are usually better than the gas stations but more money too.

If you want someone to wash it for you I hear these guys are good but never used them myself. They also have a special rack designed to clean you undercarriage and will do just that if it is all you want done.

Auto Shine Detailing

10365-59 Ave, Edmonton
Alberta T6H 1E7

Phone Number

780 485 1253
780 902 3727
Old 09-16-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
So, as the title says, looking for a good quality touchless car wash in edmonton. Give up your honey spots! Hoping for something others than Esso/Shell/Crappy Tire.
In turn i can highly recommend the wand wash in Collingwood - Sparkle Express
Depending on what kind of vehicle you own- or wanting to wash, unless it’s a beater or a work truck, I would personally avoid those places! They are using pretty harsh chemicals to cut thru the dirt and those chemicals will strip any protective coating(like wax, sealants etc) off your car. I only use self washed car washes. The one in Callingwood is good, the one on the 107 Ave just off the Mayfield road, called Zee something, is good too. The one I like the most is located on the 156 street, just before 111 Ave in a shopping center, kinda hidden inside it. They have the best pressure and there are never line ups to get in.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:53 AM

There is a Husky near my place 170th and 69th Ave/Wolf Willow that has a wash that does a nice job. Touchless. 7ft clearance.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
There is a Husky near my place 170th and 69th Ave/Wolf Willow that has a wash that does a nice job. Touchless. 7ft clearance.
LOL, I use that one too. We are darn near neighbours.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:30 PM

The one on the north side of Stony Plain Rd....160th street ish....It's good.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
LOL, I use that one too. We are darn near neighbours.
I think that calls for beers after COVID !!!!!

I'm in wolf willow there ....down a few blocks

Last edited by EZM; 09-16-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Sign me up too, I’m in donsdale...
Old 09-16-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Done!!
Old 09-16-2020, 03:43 PM

Well, somehow i forgot to mention most important part - location. I live in the west end, work just off whitemud on the 50th street, and basically drive around quite regularly anywhere West from DT.
So, yeah, thanks for the tips.
Zee's cat wash - self serve, 107 anve and 163 st. Used to be my go-to, but really disappointed last few years.
170x69 - didn't realize it was there, gonna check it out.
St. Plain Rd and appx 160 st - seen many times, never been inside, so y'all saying it's good?
How about one close to the city centre airport, right across the street from aviation museum?
156 and 110-109, right before fire station. I think they changed ownership recently. Never been. Also i have the feeling KGB we could've meet irl.

It's a new truck, and when i go out of town to play i go to self-service, can't beat that.
In the mean time i just want to wash off city dust and and occasional bug i catch on the freeway.

Thanks all for ideas, now i have choices
Old 09-16-2020, 04:41 PM

I spent $30 last night washing my truck after working 3 weeks North of Fort McMurray. Rained almost everyday up there. Spent likely $20 of that on the rims and wheel wells alone. Just to hit the highway again and have extreme vibrations still. That mud built up in the rims is like concrete. Anyone have any special way of removing/washing it out. I’d rather not pull the wheels off but I’m thinking that might be the only option here.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
I spent $30 last night washing my truck after working 3 weeks North of Fort McMurray. Rained almost everyday up there. Spent likely $20 of that on the rims and wheel wells alone. Just to hit the highway again and have extreme vibrations still. That mud built up in the rims is like concrete. Anyone have any special way of removing/washing it out. I’d rather not pull the wheels off but I’m thinking that might be the only option here.
i get down and spray them from the inside out from the back/front of the truck. roll forward or backwards to get the rest.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
Take it to Nisku or CTS in the west end and use the under carriage rack. WAY easier to get mud off frame and wheels. CTS will even do the underside wash for you at a very reasonable price.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Well, somehow i forgot to mention most important part - location. I live in the west end, work just off whitemud on the 50th street, and basically drive around quite regularly anywhere West from DT.
So, yeah, thanks for the tips.
Zee's cat wash - self serve, 107 anve and 163 st. Used to be my go-to, but really disappointed last few years.
170x69 - didn't realize it was there, gonna check it out.
St. Plain Rd and appx 160 st - seen many times, never been inside, so y'all saying it's good?
How about one close to the city centre airport, right across the street from aviation museum?
156 and 110-109, right before fire station. I think they changed ownership recently. Never been. Also i have the feeling KGB we could've meet irl.

It's a new truck, and when i go out of town to play i go to self-service, can't beat that.
In the mean time i just want to wash off city dust and and occasional bug i catch on the freeway.

Thanks all for ideas, now i have choices
The one on 156st and 110 ave is a few blocks away from my house and it was just reopened by a young fellow a couple of months ago.Ones things for sure is that he dont cheap out on the soaps and could really use the support. Best self hand wash i have had in a long time.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Sign me up too, I’m in donsdale...
Sounds like a good plan ......
Old 09-16-2020, 09:36 PM

Wash Factory (formerly "Rockin' Wash") is near you, at 4803 55 Ave NW. I think the auto wash is touchless, but with my fleet truck I use the wand wash all the time.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:03 PM

I always used to use Zees however lately I also have noticed that the times have been cut back and it isn’t what it used to be so I am also searching for something new. I don’t mean to hijack the thread but I was wondering out of all of the washes that were recommended above do you guys know if any of them have the spray foam pre wash soap? Thanks in advance and good luck finding somewhere nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps.257 View Post
The one on 156st and 110 ave is a few blocks away from my house and it was just reopened by a young fellow a couple of months ago.Ones things for sure is that he dont cheap out on the soaps and could really use the support. Best self hand wash i have had in a long time.
I didn’t know, I have been going there occasionally and mostly during the cold time of the year. I prefer to wash my vehicles by hand on my driveway. Then I apply some sealant/wax.
There is a mechanic shop right there too that is owned by a buddy of mine. If I go wash my cars there- it usually takes me much longer cause I stop by to bs with him for a while, lol!
Old 09-16-2020, 11:45 PM

I wouldn't say Felix is overly talkative, but visit into this shop does take awhile something
Old 09-16-2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom4 View Post
I always used to use Zees however lately I also have noticed that the times have been cut back and it isn’t what it used to be so I am also searching for something new. I don’t mean to hijack the thread but I was wondering out of all of the washes that were recommended above do you guys know if any of them have the spray foam pre wash soap? Thanks in advance and good luck finding somewhere nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't used many of washes mentioned above, but i would vouch for Sparkle in Collingwood. Not sure about specifically spray foam prewash soap, but my truck likes it
Old 09-16-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't say Felix is overly talkative, but visit into this shop does take awhile something
Yes he is, lol! I like the guy, he is a good kid.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Depending on what kind of vehicle you own- or wanting to wash, unless it’s a beater or a work truck, I would personally avoid those places! They are using pretty harsh chemicals to cut thru the dirt and those chemicals will strip any protective coating(like wax, sealants etc) off your car. I only use self washed car washes. The one in Callingwood is good, the one on the 107 Ave just off the Mayfield road, called Zee something, is good too. The one I like the most is located on the 156 street, just before 111 Ave in a shopping center, kinda hidden inside it. They have the best pressure and there are never line ups to get in.
This is true. I just went through this. I was having my Expel coating (3M) coming off the wife’s new suburban and the owner of JR’s that installed it is now giving me warranty on it. He said I bet you are using a touch less car wash. Apparently they use extremely hot water which melts the adhesive allowing it to lift or bubble. I wish he had told me that at the install; it would’ve saved both of us some hassle. Wand washing only for me now.

I also will be using yours or EZMs same wand wash as I live in the same area.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
This is true. I just went through this. I was having my Expel coating (3M) coming off the wife’s new suburban and the owner of JR’s that installed it is now giving me warranty on it. He said I bet you are using a touch less car wash. Apparently they use extremely hot water which melts the adhesive allowing it to lift or bubble. I wish he had told me that at the install; it would’ve saved both of us some hassle. Wand washing only for me now.

That’s not only a water being too hot issue. They are using a very strong detergent(soap) that washes away any carnuba wax or any polymer protective coating that you apply on top of your vehicle paint to protect it.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottus View Post
Wash Factory (formerly "Rockin' Wash") is near you, at 4803 55 Ave NW. I think the auto wash is touchless, but with my fleet truck I use the wand wash all the time.
Ive used these guys alot too, also have a really nice pay to use RV dump attached.
The wash was really great when it first opened, but slowly wand time and soap volume decreased. Then it was renamed (new owners?) and again really good pressure and good volume of soaps.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post

........... so you are coming for beers too??? ......... we are going to have a party with all the people in this area.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
That’s not only a water being too hot issue. They are using a very strong detergent(soap) that washes away any carnuba wax or any polymer protective coating that you apply on top of your vehicle paint to protect it.
Sorry I guess I didn’t reply as clearly as I thought. I meant the chemicals in addition to the extremely hot water. You are correct though.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
........... so you are coming for beers too??? ......... we are going to have a party with all the people in this area.
I’ve been known to enjoy a beer or two. I’d gladly attend the west end AO beer-tasters association.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:19 PM

Ok west end boys, say when and where!
Old 09-20-2020, 11:32 AM

The co-op car wash on St Albert Trail on about 128 Ave or so is the best I've found. Crazy water pressure and not cheap on the soap and water. Try it once and you'll be hooked.

Soapy Sundays us a deep discounted car wash as well.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
The co-op car wash on St Albert Trail on about 128 Ave or so is the best I've found. Crazy water pressure and not cheap on the soap and water. Try it once and you'll be hooked.

Soapy Sundays us a deep discounted car wash as well.

Are you still using this place? I used to like it as well, early summer this year got two car washes on different vehicles, and they were so bad I got a refund. Went and re-did the washes at the wand wash. Totally didn't touch the bugs on front or the dust and mud on the back, sides were only mediocre, and both were their premium washes. Maybe they have since fixed it so it works like it used to.