Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-17-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
So why do you need an"assault style" Weapon ?

Forgive me but ,are these rife for shooting people ?

If so ,it kind of sounds like a person buying one is planning to go shoot some one !
Not sure if this is an honest question or if you’re sarcastically trolling

Stop and think of any semi auto hunting rifle with a wood stock (Remington/ Benelli, etc) and ask yourself if there is any difference between that and an AR-15 that’s chambered in .223 Rem & is limited to 5 rounds? Is the 5 round .223 Rem ‘black gun’ scarier or more dangerous than a 5 round semi-auto .30-06? Of course it isn’t. Hell, .223 Rem isn’t even legal for hunting deer in most provinces. Is a white rental van only good for running people over? Is a certain type of axe only good for massacres? In every example they’re only ever as good or as bad as the user.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Not sure if this is an honest question or if you’re sarcastically trolling

Is a white rental van only good for running people over? Is a certain type of axe only good for massacres?
Those are really good analogies, Caber.
Hoping that sinks in, but not likely.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:

If so ,it kind of sounds like a person buying one is planning to go shoot some one !
^my eyes bolted right to the post count pretty quickly reading this. (not that I'm a super-active member here)

I sincerely hope that comment is a joke. IF not JR...and...if you own guns and hope to keep it that way..might be a good idea to get caught-up on what's been happening over the last couple of years. Also a good idea to listen to/read Trudeau/Blair's anti-gun propaganda with a critical ear, and ask yourself if ANYTHING you hear is even remotely fact-based.

As my dad used to say about guys like that; "well, he doesn't let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Worthwhile series to watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MblxHAlOGPs
Old 03-18-2022, 12:38 PM
Banned

Arrow

Cabinet Admits Hunters’ Ban

Cabinet yesterday for the first time acknowledged its national ban on “military style assault weapons” includes hunting rifles. Enforcement of the ban proposed by Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair is now delayed 18 months amid Indigenous complaints and cost overruns: “To misguide and mislead Canadians is disingenuous.”

https://www.blacklocks.ca/cabinet-admits-hunters-ban/

Liberals admit their “military style” gun ban includes hunting and sporting rifles

The Trudeau government has finally confessed that its now-delayed gun ban on so-called “military style assault weapons” also applies to hunting and sporting rifles.

https://tnc.news/2022/03/17/liberals...orting-rifles/

No creep you say...
Old 03-18-2022, 10:23 PM

I don't own anything affected by the OIC so I have not been in contact with the Canadian Firearms Program regarding this. Can someone tell me, has there been any buy back offer made (I'm not aware of any)? Are the just hoping that everyone just turns them in?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:43 AM

There is no program for the buyback yet. That's the main reason for the extension of the amnesty. The idea is being floated that affected gun owners would fill out an online form at some web portal yet to be designed, voluntarily give them all kinds of info, including banking so they can direct deposit. Then, you voluntarily mail your prohib rifle by Canada Post to the collection facility. And then they decide how much money to give you for it.

So, you get to participate in the confiscation with compensation plan, and disarm yourself, like a good compliant citizen.

https://calibremag.ca/gun-ban-by-mai...ack-will-work/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-19-2022, 10:37 AM

I wonder what they'd say when my box shows up full of dog crap.

Oops sorry I don't know where my scary rifle is now, that was like 2 weeks ago. I must have thrown it over the neighbours fence by accident.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Cabinet Admits Hunters’ Ban

Cabinet yesterday for the first time acknowledged its national ban on “military style assault weapons” includes hunting rifles. Enforcement of the ban proposed by Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair is now delayed 18 months amid Indigenous complaints and cost overruns: “To misguide and mislead Canadians is disingenuous.”

https://www.blacklocks.ca/cabinet-admits-hunters-ban/

Liberals admit their “military style” gun ban includes hunting and sporting rifles

The Trudeau government has finally confessed that its now-delayed gun ban on so-called “military style assault weapons” also applies to hunting and sporting rifles.

https://tnc.news/2022/03/17/liberals...orting-rifles/

No creep you say...
They are all hunting and sporting rifles!

-Billy Molls
Old 03-19-2022, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

So I guess you were just trolling then…
Old 03-21-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
There is no program for the buyback yet. That's the main reason for the extension of the amnesty. The idea is being floated that affected gun owners would fill out an online form at some web portal yet to be designed, voluntarily give them all kinds of info, including banking so they can direct deposit. Then, you voluntarily mail your prohib rifle by Canada Post to the collection facility. And then they decide how much money to give you for it.

So, you get to participate in the confiscation with compensation plan, and disarm yourself, like a good compliant citizen.

https://calibremag.ca/gun-ban-by-mai...ack-will-work/
Bank account info!!!!!!????? Like F!!! would I ever give these tyrannical dictators that info willingly. Remember how they threaten to confiscate bank accounts and cancel credit cards of those that contributed to the trucker convoy. Remember how that little B didn’t want to rescind the emergency act that gave them special powers....even though the trucker convoy had been dispersed??

Tying your bank account to gun ownership.....especially of the type they don’t think you should have ever had in the first place or that they didn’t know you had.....yeah that’s going to turn out well for ya.

Creates a list that they can now use to de-bank and cancel you the moment they feel like.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:07 PM

We have all filed income tax, in reality the government probably already has your banking info.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:08 PM

there never seem to have been an emergency to get these out of civilian hands. I think they will extend it into the next election and let the conservatives scrap it, blaming them afterwards.
It is all BS and a smoke screen to cover a worrisome rcmp response to an active shooter.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorro View Post
It is all BS and a smoke screen to cover a worrisome rcmp response to an active shooter.
Who was not licensed to own a firearm, who acquired all of his firearms illegally by smuggling them in from the US and who got his illegal ammunition by threatening to harm his wife and his brother in law.

So let's get on banning legally owned firearms.

On a second note - I feel some sympathy for the RCMP in this instance.
This was a rural detachment.
Although they have some training this was an active shooter on the loose and disguised as a mountie and in a perfect replica of a police vehicle.
Hard to imagine how they could have reacted effectively.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:21 PM

Default UN mandate 2023

Disarm civilians of all member nations.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:52 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

"Stick To Your Guns'' Dinner

with Keynote Speaker

The HON. PIERRE POILIEVRE

Member of Parliament and Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Candidate

Cocktails at 6 p.m. Dinner at 7 p.m.

Ten$ of thousand$ of dollar$ worth of great prize$

The finest all-you-can-eat buffet dinner.

Lots of fun and some great guests!

Single ticket: $69.95 - Special club pricing - Table of 8: $489.65

For tickets, call CSSA office at 1- 888-873-4339 or email: events@cssa-cila.org
Old 03-30-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

"Stick To Your Guns'' Dinner

with Keynote Speaker

The HON. PIERRE POILIEVRE
Where...?

EDIT - nevermind...

Quote:
This year we are holding this event at the Courtyard by Marriott in Oshawa, Ontario.
https://cssa-cila.org/cssa-agm-keyno...rre-poilievre/
Old 03-31-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorro View Post
there never seem to have been an emergency to get these out of civilian hands. I think they will extend it into the next election and let the conservatives scrap it, blaming them afterwards.
It's Trudeau government standard operating procedure; Yak, yak, yak, do nothing, repeat .
Old 04-16-2022, 08:44 PM

Default Maybe some good news

Alberta's chief firearms officer calls on feds to reverse course on weapons ban

Alberta’s chief firearms officer has written a letter to the federal government calling on them to cancel a ban on “military-style” firearms as well as an extension to an amnesty program allowing for owners to keep such guns.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...3220b68b40a8f9
Old 04-17-2022, 09:04 AM

Looks like gun crime went up since the ban started. Which doesn't add up.

I thought taking these assault weapons away from law abiding gun owners was supposed to get rid of any and all gun violence?

I still see the stupid commercials on TV and it drives me mad just listening to their nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2022, 10:30 AM

Try thinking of it as they, haven't got the money because they donated it to the Ukes to buy some real guns. I do hope that thought & deed makes the Lib caucus choke a bit. And Wendy too.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:29 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Alberta CFO urges Ottawa to cancel 2020 firearms ban

Alberta’s Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) has detailed several issues she has with the federal government’s firearms prohibition and actions she would like them to take.

Teri Bryant has written a letter to federal Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino, asking him to cancel the Order in Council prohibitions of May 1, 2020.

Bryant continues to state in her letter that the money being spent by Ottawa to implement the firearms prohibition could be better utilized elsewhere.

If the cost of the ban was constrained to “just $2 billion,” she says that could pay for about 12,000 person-years of specialized law enforcement, regulatory, and social services personnel.

“Surely, this would offer better value for the taxpayers’ hard-earned dollar.”

Other recommendations she made to the federal government include:

Improving identification, tracking, and prosecution of firearms traffickers, straw purchasers, and others who use firearms to commit crimes

Improve social programming initiatives to address criminal behaviour and addictions issues

Provide provinces with the option to opt-out of the firearms prohibition and instead use the funding to create alternative solutions

Increase staffing for law enforcement agencies and enhance communication capabilities between them

https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2022/0...-firearms-ban/

Letter in full:

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/026f...2022-04-12.pdf