Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2022, 09:24 PM

Default Blues jays/MLB new rules

Love the jays and all . does anybody else think the extra innings rules ruin a great game ?
Old 04-26-2022, 09:29 PM

I actually don’t mind it. Didn’t think I would like it as I am
More of a traditionalist when it comes to ball but it’s been good. Next year the rule is gone. So hang in there 1 more year lol.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:06 PM

This is the third year the rule has been in place. Future?
Old 04-27-2022, 06:18 AM

I dont mind it but I think it should start in the 11th if need be. They are an exciting team to watch this year, let's just hope everyone stays healthy.

Last edited by kingrat; 04-27-2022 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:38 AM

MLB is a wreck. They have destroyed the game trying to save 20 minutes.

-Billy Molls
Old 04-27-2022, 08:00 AM

The 2nd base rule speeds up the overtime after 14 innings it gets boring I do agree they should start after 11, a few games I’ve gone to bed to catch the Jays 30 in the morning
Old 04-27-2022, 08:41 AM
Banned

Angel Hernandez is what is wrecking baseball.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
This is the third year the rule has been in place. Future?
It will be gone next year. I believe they agreed to have it removed in the bargaining agreement.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
I have never seen a more confusing year for balls and strikes. He is awful, but not alone. Bring on robot umps at the plate.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:07 AM
AO Sponsor

I don't mind the new rule. I think it would be more interesting if they implemented it differently like progressively moving the on base player per inning. Start him on first in the 10th. If nothing is decided then start him on second in the 11th and progressively third in the 12th.

Speeding up the game somewhat is a benefit overall, but also with the amount of money these guys cost, not having every pitcher wrecked for weeks to come because of a game going 14 innings is also a plus. I want to see healthy players playing as many games as possible and not sitting on the IL.

Now playoffs all that is out the window of course.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 04-27-2022, 10:12 AM

Default Birthday present from son :)

https://imgur.com/DF1DsxP

Next year we may see new rules that enforce a "pitch clock", again trying to shorten the time to play a game. Pitch clock rules already exist but they are NEVER enforced. I don't mind long games and players, I think, are adequately compensated
Old 04-27-2022, 01:11 PM

I would like to see the rule in the 11th inning also. At least come playoffs the rule is tossed.
I don't care for the catcher with the remote and audio signals for pitch selection but I think it is a team option.............. thanks cheating Astros!!!!
Some games can get very longggggggggggg.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:41 AM

I rather like the 10th inning 2nd base rule; I hope to see other streamlining rule(s) to quicken up the games pace.

And like others, if it is too long then, "Jays in 30" will bring me up to speed.

Go Jays Go...

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
I would like to see the rule in the 11th inning also. At least come playoffs the rule is tossed.
I don't care for the catcher with the remote and audio signals for pitch selection but I think it is a team option.............. thanks cheating Astros!!!!
Some games can get very longggggggggggg.
Stealing signals has been going on for a loooooooooooooong time, just like the Ben Johnson doping scandal, everyone was using and doing it, they both just got caught, actually the astros were snitched on by one of their former pitchers. The Yankees just evaded something similiar from 2017 I believe, using phones from the bull pen.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Stealing signals has been going on for a loooooooooooooong time, just like the Ben Johnson doping scandal, everyone was using and doing it, they both just got caught, actually the astros were snitched on by one of their former pitchers. The Yankees just evaded something similiar from 2017 I believe, using phones from the bull pen.
I agree and have stood on second base relaying signs myself to my batter. But when cameras and ipads and buzzers are being used guys will get beamed !!! And staff fired. It is another level altogether .
Old 04-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I have never seen a more confusing year for balls and strikes. He is awful, but not alone. Bring on robot umps at the plate.
Yes, it seems he is contagious.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
And he wonders why he has not worked a post season game in forever....... I wonder why?
Old 04-28-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
I agree and have stood on second base relaying signs myself to my batter. But when cameras and ipads and buzzers are being used guys will get beamed !!! And staff fired. It is another level altogether .
Teams/players have been ding this from the dugouts as well. We used to have a coach that used to be really, really good at reading pitches just by how the pitcher would position arm, shoulder and body. Give him a couple innings and he was bang on. I'm sure at the pro level, pitchers and coaches work hard to conceal.

And yes with the new technologies available, its a whole other "ball game" pardon the pun.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:23 PM

I don't mind the extra inning rule, we played with that rule in fastball all the time, I know, not exactly the same, but it ratchets up the tension just a little bit with the lead off runner on 2nd
I really enjoy the Jays, young exciting team, however they play in the American league and the DH rule is an abomination. If I could change one thing about the game I'd chuck that thing. It takes so much away from the strategy and managing of the game and the players. Just dumbs it down for me.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
I don't mind the extra inning rule, we played with that rule in fastball all the time, I know, not exactly the same, but it ratchets up the tension just a little bit with the lead off runner on 2nd
I really enjoy the Jays, young exciting team, however they play in the American league and the DH rule is an abomination. If I could change one thing about the game I'd chuck that thing. It takes so much away from the strategy and managing of the game and the players. Just dumbs it down for me.
They actually added a DH to the NL for next year as well. I do like the small ball and manufacturing runs, but for the most part a pitcher is an automatic out. Why not have a guy that can hit in that spot?
Old 05-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Banned

Wow. A new low for major league umpires. And Hernandez wasn’t even involved.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:31 PM

Ya was shocked they threw him out but was glad they did. Garcia has blown more games lately than I dont know what. Hes ****ing me off.