Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM

Default Eskimo Quick flip II

any one have one...what do you think of them?...can you carry all your gear in the tub or is it just meant for the tent?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:21 PM

I got one when it first was available on the market. Not sure of the newer models now and if any changes have been made. This is the Flip-over with the Bench you are asking about?
For myself, I put in a Jiffy 10" STX Auger, Buddy Heater, Tackle, Sonar, UW Cams, Lunch, etc. Did not use the short factory rope it comes with and installed U-Bolts in the holes with Fender washers for added strength. Bought the Clam Harness and it comes with 8' Straps and hooks on with Carbiners. Makes it much easier to hook up and pull around with a load. You can use Eyebolts also but I had U-Bolts lying around so I made use of them. With that hardware, I can hook it up to a Hitch also and tow it with my Quad.
I would suggest picking up RPS Clips ( Rapid Pole System?) that Clam uses on their models. These are clips that go on to the poles. A plastic tab goes over the button and simply push the tab so the button goes in quickly. On cold days, these make the job of take down much quicker without taking off your gloves.
Here's a link with a pic:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=575953
Old 12-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Danni and I have the Quick Flip 3, and i carry everything in it. I can leave the power augur fully assembled and there is still about 8" to the end of the tub. I would bet that the 2 would definitly fit all your gear u may just have to take the power auger apart.

Very quick set up and take down on the lake and you can move it short distances without taking it down.

1 Note though is it's intial set up pick a very warm day or bring it in the house like i did, I would guess at least 1 hour for the inital set up of the tent, vary tedious feeding the poles through the tent and building the bench seat.

Dustin