Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Add some vitamin D as well, I take daily dose of 2500mg plus vit C at 500mg. If I feel under the weather, the dose of D doubles to 5000 and Vit C gets a boost to 1000mg a day too and add some Zinc to it.
Here in a North we have a major deficit of vit D which is absolutely essential for the immune system. The problem is you can’t just take it when you feel sick, it take time to accumulate.
I agree with the vitamin D, I started taking it in the fall of 2021 and didn't have a cold all year. I haven't had the flu in decades, haven't had covid, and still taking vitamin D. I will take 1000 or 2000 a day, I don't get too religious about it.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:04 PM

Got a fun one. Had a head sinus cold since last week Thursday. Kinda having trouble shaking the tail end of it. Blowing up a lot of crap. Energy levels are still low.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:11 PM

I had it 3 weeks ago... Aches, fever, diarrhea, bad headache.

Lasted 4-5 days, haven't been sick like that in 10+ years...

Didn't bother with a Rona test, I think it was a stomach flu.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:31 AM

Funny how the flu didn’t exist for the last 2 1/2 years.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:53 AM

Maybe if we need tips to strengthen our immune system, we should ask Edmonton’s homeless population.

I go downtown alot and it seems they all survived the 2.5 years of a Covid that was going to supposedly wipe us all out. The homeless must have cutting edge germ and virus mitigation as I don’t seem to remember their bodies getting stacked up. Business as usual downtown by the looks of it.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Maybe if we need tips to strengthen our immune system, we should ask Edmonton’s homeless population.

I go downtown alot and it seems they all survived the 2.5 years of a Covid that was going to supposedly wipe us all out. The homeless must have cutting edge germ and virus mitigation as I don’t seem to remember their bodies getting stacked up. Business as usual downtown by the looks of it.
I went ahead and took one for the team. They said that 'crack' was the secret.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
I went ahead and took one for the team. They said that 'crack' was the secret.
That must be the secret!!
Old 11-05-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

It does make me wonder, if there are stats on the mortality rate among the homeless, I wonder if it is even possible, given that many likely don't even seek medical treatment. These people live in the worst possible conditions, and with little to no treatment, one would think that they would be hard hit by every type of illness.
Old 11-05-2022, 04:23 PM

Yah I’d guess their immunity is higher than ours given what they are exposed to and the lack of medical care they get.

Id just suggest if someone in Your life has this bug that’s going around.. be kind to them lol. If you have a heart at all and can find some selflessness in yourself - make them a tea or coffee, take a chore off their list, offer to bring them medicine (if you can find any in store!) and maybe just be a little more helpful than you normally would be even though it’s hunting season lol. It’s a doozy and I’m sure if you or I are the next ones to get it, we would appreciate the help and we only get what we give so………
Old 11-05-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes View Post
Yah I’d guess their immunity is higher than ours given what they are exposed to and the lack of medical care they get.

Id just suggest if someone in Your life has this bug that’s going around.. be kind to them lol. If you have a heart at all and can find some selflessness in yourself - make them a tea or coffee, take a chore off their list, offer to bring them medicine (if you can find any in store!) and maybe just be a little more helpful than you normally would be even though it’s hunting season lol. It’s a doozy and I’m sure if you or I are the next ones to get it, we would appreciate the help and we only get what we give so………
Lol yeah that’s it they have greater immunity. Real healthy folks. Lmao….

My 19 year old daughter had Covid two weeks ago. She’s had worse colds. But she did the dumb thing and told her employer. So they booked her off for the week. So it amounted to 7 days no pay. But hey Dad will pay her rent and keep this scam going! Lol…
Old 11-05-2022, 08:39 PM

Default Don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhunter View Post
Pfizer has a new combo shot that kills everything including the host.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Pfizer has a new combo shot that kills everything including the host.
I sold my Eli Lilly, I'll buy Pfizer on the dip. lol

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-06-2022, 06:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

How quickly we forgot what it was like pre covid....summers over, kids back in school, people gathering more as weather cools off and a month or so later its-cold,flu season.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-06-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhunter View Post
That...
Old 11-15-2022, 01:30 PM

I'm over 60 and got covid after 2 shots. Mine wasn't fun. My Dr and his wife got covid he was just fine, she was in the hospital for 10 days.

I started getting the flue shot 5 years ago, and haven't had a problem with that. Prior I got the flue bad every year.

I wouldn't get the immune weakening shot if I was young and wanted kids, but at my age I prefer no flue.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:28 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Ohhh boy storm cloud are a brewing, didn’t realize how quickly all this would start negatively hitting our fragile healthcare system again.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...