Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-08-2022, 07:24 PM

Default outing 5 and finally fish

I guess I cant complain too much, I love being on the ice fish or no. Today I finally landed a fish or 3. First catch of the season, a wee hammer, second one I got to meet Walter also for the first time this season. a nice walter. probably almost 10 times the weight of the first pike, and the pike I caught after it wasnt a lot bigger than the first, but they are always fun anyways, nice to see the line taking off.
I fished 15 feet of water, and the first bait I dropped got bit in half by a walleye but it didnt get quite to the hook I was using a bigger jigging spoon. Saw a few eyes, but I was fairly () happy to see her come up! hit maybe 5 feet or so from the ice on a Kamooki lure with a bit of bait on the hook. 29 inches with a 16 inch girth, not a bad start to the season, although the pike could certainly get a lot bigger thing about this spot is most pike are small, but there are a few giants as well, you never know whos going to eat your bait around there.
put some video together just off my phone. The first eye was on bottom I thought it was a pike because the water wasnt too clear on screen.
https://youtu.be/00UKNwImZdU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221208_123211.jpg (47.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 20221208_144305.jpg (29.0 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 20221208_142557.jpg (68.4 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg 20221208_161115.jpg (24.8 KB, 171 views)
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-09-2022, 11:02 AM

You've got me fired up, pal! I'm one week away from my first trip to that spot, and the wife and I are going to do our first ever overnighter. Extremely excited to see who "comes to visit" on that spot over two days. As you said, you never know who might roll in there at various points of the day. My personal biggest AB walleye was there and I can't wait to get back at it. My go-to is usually jigging spoons (sometimes with chunk of meat, sometimes not) and then a chartreuse Acme google-eye with a frozen salty on the dead stick. Wife likes a lipless rattle crank on the active rod...... between us, we'll throw everything at 'em.

Wooooooo..... c'mon Walter!