Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
There a suburban out in pigeon lake …
Is this by the mulhurst boat launch
Old 12-16-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
Is this by the mulhurst boat launch
IT was at Grandview as I guessed.Broke thru on a heave/pressure ridge.Seems to happen every year in that area.Lots of heaves in parts of the lake that I dont usually see.The worst part i found was the hard drifts that are everywhere.Driving on later this month might be a bit tricky if we get a dump of snow.Good luck to everyone and take precautions.
Old 12-17-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
IT was at Grandview as I guessed.Broke thru on a heave/pressure ridge.Seems to happen every year in that area.Lots of heaves in parts of the lake that I dont usually see.The worst part i found was the hard drifts that are everywhere.Driving on later this month might be a bit tricky if we get a dump of snow.Good luck to everyone and take precautions.
Thanks for the update. Yeah, I stick to skidoo at first and move up to truck later if the travel is okay.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:14 AM

Default Crawling Valley Reservoir Ice depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daslogster View Post
Any reports about CVR?
Dec 17, 2022
I am interested as well.

With this cold snap coming up for over the next 10 days, I am certain by after Christmas, the ice should be near 16" thick?

Has anyone been out to date, that can comment?
Thanks

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:57 PM

I haven't been yet either but I wonder when the EID opens the gate?
Old 12-18-2022, 07:54 PM

Hello all

Any recent reports up on Slave Lake?

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2022, 03:48 PM

Default Coal lake

Was out on Coal lake yesterday afternoon, 15+ inches of Ice and 6 or 7 vehicles on ice as well.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlounderPounder View Post
Hello all

Any recent reports up on Slave Lake?

Canyon creek ice shack rentals reports 24" of ice as the 19th in that section of the lake.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:48 AM

After this week, all the ice around this area will be ready for vehicles and ice fishing.
These temperatures will freeze the nuts off of an iron bridge.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
Canyon creek ice shack rentals reports 24" of ice as the 19th in that section of the lake.
Awesome. Thanks guys

Old 12-20-2022, 02:38 PM

this faaacking cold snap derailed our fishing plans last weekend. Now hoping for just after Christmas to finally get out there. As was mentioned, this weather is going to have most lakes truck-ready by this weekend. Absolutely can't WAIT to do some winter camping and hopefully say hello to big mama Walter!
Old 12-20-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
this faaacking cold snap derailed our fishing plans last weekend. Now hoping for just after Christmas to finally get out there. As was mentioned, this weather is going to have most lakes truck-ready by this weekend. Absolutely can't WAIT to do some winter camping and hopefully say hello to big mama Walter!
Same. Sounds good about the upcoming break. This could be a good one. Just need the wind to cooperate....probably asking too much
Old 12-20-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
This is when a permanent shack comes into play. Doesn’t matter how cold it is when you got a wood burning shack Toasty warm in -35.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:28 PM

Sylvan is a no go for loaders!

https://lacombeonline.com/articles/e...hnEEDULIHNmiZE
Old 12-20-2022, 09:10 PM

Dang it! Loaders are my go-to run and gun ice fishing rigs

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Thanks! I will take my skidoo instead of the loader. Going to miss that ability to make my own track though. I suppose it goes without asking, is a 225 Trackhoe going to be an issue?
Old 12-21-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Thanks! I will take my skidoo instead of the loader. Going to miss that ability to make my own track though. I suppose it goes without asking, is a 225 Trackhoe going to be an issue?
225,,,,,you are showing your age bud
Old 12-21-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
225,,,,,you are showing your age bud
Old 12-21-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
This is when a permanent shack comes into play. Doesn’t matter how cold it is when you got a wood burning shack Toasty warm in -35.
We fished the past couple of days in northern Saskatchewan with wind chills in the mid -40*C's in a hex hub with a Big Buddy on High from dark to dark and spent the day in hoodies and our bibs. You enjoy your shack, I'm going where the fish are.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
We fished the past couple of days in northern Saskatchewan with wind chills in the mid -40*C's in a hex hub with a Big Buddy on High from dark to dark and spent the day in hoodies and our bibs. You enjoy your shack, I'm going where the fish are.
Attaboy
Old 12-22-2022, 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=AlbertanGP;4592480]We fished the past couple of days in northern Saskatchewan with wind chills in the mid -40*C's in a hex hub with a Big Buddy on High from dark to dark and spent the day in hoodies and our bibs. You enjoy your shack, I'm going where the fish are. [/QUOTE oh I thought permanent shacks were always on the fish!!!
Old 12-22-2022, 05:40 PM

It has been -39, -36, and -41 the past three nights...
I think the truck is coming out next. Going to be a ton of ice...
Old 12-25-2022, 05:15 PM

Default Newell on Christmas

drove on at the boat launch, in Kinbrook, managed to get turned around in 4 low and get back off the lake, no way was I shovelling snow all day! lots of deep heavy drifts. went over to JF, drove out and managed to get where I more or less wanted to fish in there, still lots of drifts but not as deep so 4x4 will do for a lot of the bay, but not all of it. Fishing was slow, had a hammer come after my decoy and got it on video, highlight of the day then I managed to take my bait away from 3 or 4 hammers so tomorrow I will try again and hopefully meet grandma instead. 873 is slipperier than the frikkin ice so watch out if you are heading that way. after I pulled off the lake I got to see the biggest heaviest badger in the world Im sure trying to dig out a gopher for his Christmas dinner, road was too slippery to get stopped for pics with traffic coming. still no snowy owls sighted, should be some around here by now!
Hope you all had a decent Christmas day and see some of you on the ice Im sure.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-26-2022, 02:09 AM

Default Hasse Lake

15“ at Hasse Lake on December 23 South west of the island at 13ft of water.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:30 AM

Dec 24th Lac Ste Anne out from Alberta Beach launch found 21” of ice. Some hard packed drifts to be mindful of if out in your truck.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:58 AM

Sylvan had 18" off Sunbreaker Cove as of yesterday....experienced a massive heave in the afternoon...the rumbling had us darting towards the door of the tent. We were cut off from the boat launch and it looked like the heave went from Sunbreaker all the way across to Kuusamo. Lots of open water along the heave. Managed to scoot across the lake and exit at Half Moon Bay.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:07 AM

^^^ Getting caught out on the ice with open water between you and the launch sounds terrifying.

Chain Lakes had 14” or so. Lots of vehicles out driving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcast View Post
^^^ Getting caught out on the ice with open water between you and the launch sounds terrifying.

Chain Lakes had 14” or so. Lots of vehicles out driving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a little unsettling to say the least....had never experienced anything like that before. Makes for a good fishing story now!
Old 12-27-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
drove on at the boat launch, in Kinbrook, managed to get turned around in 4 low and get back off the lake, no way was I shovelling snow all day! lots of deep heavy drifts. went over to JF, drove out and managed to get where I more or less wanted to fish in there, still lots of drifts but not as deep so 4x4 will do for a lot of the bay, but not all of it. Fishing was slow, had a hammer come after my decoy and got it on video, highlight of the day then I managed to take my bait away from 3 or 4 hammers so tomorrow I will try again and hopefully meet grandma instead. 873 is slipperier than the frikkin ice so watch out if you are heading that way. after I pulled off the lake I got to see the biggest heaviest badger in the world Im sure trying to dig out a gopher for his Christmas dinner, road was too slippery to get stopped for pics with traffic coming. still no snowy owls sighted, should be some around here by now!
Hope you all had a decent Christmas day and see some of you on the ice Im sure.
Barring any weather setbacks, we're hoping to finally make it out Thurs.... Just my cousin and I. Still not 100% sure where to head for the day but that's very interesting about all the snow at Kinbrook. That might send me to the other lake if it's not driveable at the PP.... Sorry to hear the note was slow as well. I have less than zero interest in slough sharks of any kind.... Send me Grandma Walter!
Old 12-28-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Barring any weather setbacks, we're hoping to finally make it out Thurs.... Just my cousin and I. Still not 100% sure where to head for the day but that's very interesting about all the snow at Kinbrook. That might send me to the other lake if it's not driveable at the PP.... Sorry to hear the note was slow as well. I have less than zero interest in slough sharks of any kind.... Send me Grandma Walter!
a lot of snow melted but now we are working on the second inch of fresh slready today, I bet the roads are a real treat1 Im going to go out Thursday too and see whats on the lake. I really dont like that a person has to driive on Kinbrook off the boat launches since they blocked off the old access, thats the first place that melts out!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich