Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2023, 07:35 PM

Default Suspect tazed and used as a speed bump

So yet another scholar in waiting decides it's a good idea to try his luck and run from the cops. It didn't end well for him as he ended up as a human speed bump on a highway, he get's ZERO sympathy from me. The site I plucked this from has a few LEO's chiming in saying his family likely just won the ghetto lottery and will be paid out very well.

SAY WHAT?

When you decide to run from the cops all bets are off, anything that happens to you is 100% YOUR fault, NOT the cops! And furthermore, if you decide to run not only does all responsibility fall on you for your actions, if any cops get injured due to the chase that is also 100% on the runner. This hug-a-thug program REALLY needs to stop!

A lot of people in the comments section claiming the cop was out of line, how so? Is he supposed to just let the guy go? BALDERDASH!! Hindsight is always 20/20

On the bright side the guy was white so we don't have to worry about "mostly peaceful protests" that include flipping and burning cop cars, looting, vandalizing and burning down local businesses, assaults and even murder due to this "inJUSTICE"

This clip reassures me of my belief that most drivers cant see 10' past the ends of their hood. The cops taser had a really bright strobe light on it, I have no idea what this driver was looking at, but it certainly wasn't at the road ahead of him. I would be getting a subpoena for his cell phone, texting while driving? He doesn't get on his binders until he's right on top of the guy. Was sure nice of him to honk though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64X...JlaW5nIHRhemVk
Old 08-14-2023, 07:57 PM

Ahhhhh... Just like the officer who put the woman in the back of the squad car on the railroad tracks, the family here may have a case.

Officer potentially had time to pull him off the road before getting struck.

My 2 coppers.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:02 PM

Read title and I was expecting a story about the Lethbridge Police....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-14-2023, 08:21 PM

He caused his own demise by running, but I was surprised that they handcuffed what was left of the body after the car struck it.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:53 AM

Ya I'd hate to be that cop. Cool video though.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:18 AM

Clearly it was an accident, nobody's fault really. The cop didn't deliberately kill him and the kid didn't commit suicide by car.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Clearly it was an accident, nobody's fault really. The cop didn't deliberately kill him and the kid didn't commit suicide by car.
You are obviously not a Liberal.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 08-15-2023, 09:31 AM

I was watching Smokey and the Bandit the other night and it did occur to me while watching it that some people might be hoping Bufford T Justice would shoot and kill Bandit and Snowman haha

Ive watched these real life chases on the news for years and I could never understand why an innocent person would run. Now I understand. You might run if you have reason to believe police are dirty and you're going to get screwed over regardless. Guy in video might be a dirt bag and the world might be a better place without him but I'm no longer going to assume police are decent good guys who are honest and law abiding just because I'm a Conservative.

If you are a certain color or vote a certain way that doesn't make or change Police/ Hells Angel's. They are what they are. If you have money and guns they want them and they dont care how honest,hardworking, law abiding or how nice you are. Haha they are not there to help you and they dont care about you or doing right. Its about what's best for them.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:33 AM

Default Not very smart.

Why run when your just gonna get a slap on the wrist and sent on your way anyway.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Why run when your just gonna get a slap on the wrist and sent on your way anyway.
Thats just it. Why go after loser meth dealers and homeless druggies breaking into businesses and stealing trucks. No money it.
This is where policing for profit comes in .
To be clear. I'm against not going after actual bad guys. I'm being sarcastic about policing for profit
Old 08-15-2023, 10:24 AM

Fafo
Old 08-15-2023, 06:34 PM

Oh well...should have listened...
Old 08-15-2023, 07:43 PM

That was God awful.... certainly didn't need to watch that.