Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-04-2024, 03:08 PM

Default Coal lake Mess

When I was leaving the ice on Saturday evening I noticed a massive burn pile of garbage and bottles just 100 yds off the boat launch on the north side. I came back today with garbage bags and a shovel and cleaned up what I could. I am so disgusted by the losers that did this but as usual nothing will get done about it. I know it wasn’t fisherman or sportsman just midnight party goers. I hope Karma will bite these individuals in the azz one day. I’m going to inform a couple of authorities and see if anything can be done as well. To those out enjoying themselves I hope you had a great day out here.
Old 02-04-2024, 03:25 PM

Unfortunately , Coal Lake seems to attract a certain type of personality who litters like crazy.

I've taken countless bags of garbage out of there over the years.
Old 02-04-2024, 03:39 PM

I saw that last night as well, while I couldn’t today, I was planning on heading down tomorrow morning to clean it up. So, thank you for taking care of it for us.
Now, as for the fishing. We were a ways down the lake, despite the brutal wind chasing us away early, the fishing was ok. Landed five, several more bites. Having said that... I hope the guy that roared by our tent with a truck and trailer leaving about 8 feet between us broke down somewhere out there and is still sitting there with his bottom lip hanging out.

Otto

Last edited by otto389; 02-04-2024 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Change word