Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2023, 08:47 PM

We are undergoing the same thing now, about to pull the trigger and replace it ourselves.

The question I have for those replacing it is are you going with PEX-A or PEX-B?

I was leaning towards PEX-A for the added flexibility of trying fish line through without needing to open up more drywall then necessary.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:45 PM

They used PEX-A on our redo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1 View Post
We are undergoing the same thing now, about to pull the trigger and replace it ourselves.

The question I have for those replacing it is are you going with PEX-A or PEX-B?

I was leaning towards PEX-A for the added flexibility of trying fish line through without needing to open up more drywall then necessary.
Old 05-24-2024, 11:04 AM

Insurance Issues: Many insurance companies may deny coverage or increase premiums for homes with Poly B plumbing.

There's the kicker, insurance companies have become really picky. I know a lady that was required to replace her washing machine feed hoses with braided steel ones, even though the existing ones were in good condition and have always worked for most of us.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-24-2024, 11:41 AM

I did have one insurance company I contacted, in researching new companies to deal with, that wanted pics of the plumbing, I had the Poly B in a 1996 build house in Martindale in Cgy. They saw that, and said go somewhere else, we won't insure the house.
I still had a mostly unfinished basement. Had one line to an outside tap split. I was home and heard that line split, still a PITA moving some stuff in there to get at it and replace that and the other outside line and about an 8ft section of drywall and insulation and plastic sheet. It inspired me to replace the Poly B.
Added valves to every individual line that didn't have them, at both ends, at the time. That was just a bi-level, fairly easy to do as the entire ceiling was open, bathtub tile needed reno anyway. I didn't spend a lot doing it, had the lines replaced in about 2 days. Took me a week to do the bathroom. Spent more time running back and forth for fttgs than I did working on the lines. It's not rocket science to do it, but, I did have the advantage of not being in a multi story with a bathroom or two on top floors or in basement, in concrete, lines to deal with.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:51 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Just finishing up here and I will be right over to repair/upgrade your plumbing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-24-2024, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Just finishing up here and I will be right over to repair/upgrade your plumbing issues.
Amateur.

Everyone knows that the correct fix for that situation is Magic Wrap.

Old 05-24-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Amateur.

Everyone knows that the correct fix for that situation is Magic Wrap.

I've been told that stuff is better than duct tape.

Isaiah 5:8