Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM

Default Who's doing Badger this weekend?

3 of us couples are heading out to the lake this weekend. One guys ex,(Who he gets along with and fish's and hunts) is flying down from Ontario this weekend to visit wants to get out. Just curious who's going so maybe we can get together and have a **** session. I'll be drivin a grey x-tra cab chevy, my buddies a Chevy SS and the poor bastard a Silver Ford!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM

nothing wrong with fords, even safer on the ice, because if they break thru you know what floats
I may be there Sunday with my oldest son, not sure yet.
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 PM

Fords BAH! If they fall through the ice they'll rust away so fast you'll never know they are even there!.
We'll be there Saturday, then Sunday were off to sighting in the new rifle for the wife, and I got a couple of handloads to test out. There is a pile of us heading out Sat. so if you can make it that would and could be alot of fun!
We are all stoke for the derby, YOU?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:13 AM

Im ready for the derby, been staring at the map trying to see the fish Flygirrl is all ready too, I think she wants her second ice pike ever to be the winner, hopefully its bigger than her first one
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM

Good luck at the derby. I was on Clear on Saturday and scored a nice one. Measured 39 inches and 18.6 pounds. I was pretty pumped up. I released it back so hopefully someone can win the derby with it!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 PM

Well,just got back from my weekend out near Badger and apparently I was fishing a couple weeks too early!

Caught 4 total on Badger Saturday.1 small pike,1 about 8-10lbs,1 42" and 1 44" that was an absolute PIG!

I know that if anyone gets that 44" pike they'll be into some money come derby weekend.( I released all of them)
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Well,just got back from my weekend out near Badger and apparently I was fishing a couple weeks too early!

Caught 4 total on Badger Saturday.1 small pike,1 about 8-10lbs,1 42" and 1 44" that was an absolute PIG!

I know that if anyone gets that 44" pike they'll be into some money come derby weekend.( I released all of them)
Funny.............. I caught a 42" last week but nobody asked where I caught it. It was Badger. Was skinny and only weighed 20lb 3oz so I put her back and told her to eat some whitefish and I'd see her in a few weeks and I promised I'd let her go again. I practice C&R generally anyways especially at that size. Was there yesterday and got a 25" and 26". She was nowhere to be found per our agreement. Think she listened to me? Hope she wasn't two timing me.