In Canada we are not allowed to:

Kill someone.
Speed on the highway.
Steal.
Hurt children.
Burn down houses.
Not pay our taxes
Swear on AO forums.
Keep a fish under a certain size.............................................. . and so on.

THESE ARE THE RULES!

To have and enforce Rules we need:

1. A Government and Governing Bodies
2. Laws
3. Law Enforcers

It costs MONEY to hire these departments. Most of this money is raised by form of TAXATION and FEES; commonly referred to as a "CASH GRAB". Often this money is misspent and mismanaged causing us great grief, anger and frustration. Nevertheless, this is the price we have to pay when we choose to live in Canada.

Granted, some areas of society require more money than others based on importance and priority, as determined by the RULE MAKERS. As such, our government is going to spend more money on catching killers than monitoring anglers' behaviours and managing our natural resources. We can only voice our opinions IF we have the opportunity as to which areas are most important.

"Cash Grabs"

Funds recieved from a speeding ticket are not all spent on keeping our roads safe.

Fees for licensing, including fishing, are not all spent on the cause they are supposed to support.

This is unfortunate but it is the the price we pay to live in Canada.

Sometimes we have to earn $1.00 to keep $0.65.

Sometimes we have to spend $1.00 to get $0.65 of service from our government.

Another crappy thing we have to put up with living in Canada!

So why do we debate the allocation of our money? Because one thing in Canada we are allowed to do is voice our opinion and have a say, whether it falls on deaf ears or not.

POLL: (Not really, just and example)

One choice only!

a) Fishing licenses cost too much.
b) Fishing licenses cost too little.
c) It costed too much to catch and convict that pedophile that they caught in our community after 7 months and 4 innocent little victims.

Perception is everything! Afterall, if you don't see it or perceive it, it isn't there.

In general, we are all on the same page; really we are. I don't know but it sure seems like a lot of work and stress to live in this, the greatest country in the world and to enjoy the outdoors at our leisure.

How do you perceive this thread?

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."
Old 03-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Talking

very good!! are you bored? to much spare time?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM

A waste of time. Go fishing and save your typing.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 PM

I am not going to try to answer all, but how else would you think the millions of fry released into stocked lakes are paid for? If you eat all the undersized fish, they will not get to breeding size. If you eat all the breeders, the lakes will die completely.

So, my answer for the fishing questions are: I think the price for resident is fair, but for non resident (55 or so for sask) is 2x too much.

costed?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am not going to try to answer all, but how else would you think the millions of fry released into stocked lakes are paid for? If you eat all the undersized fish, they will not get to breeding size. If you eat all the breeders, the lakes will die completely.

So, my answer for the fishing questions are: I think the price for resident is fair, but for non resident (55 or so for sask) is 2x too much.

costed?
Sorry Ken. Should clarified this thread is not related to the "changes to regs" thread. The only question I really asked is "How do you perceive this thread?" and am not really expecting readers to answer. I must say I Always enjoy reading your insightful comments though.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM

I apologize, should have read the thread more carefully.

Sorry again.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=tacklerunner;530204]We live in a country called CANADA.

In Canada we are not allowed to:

Kill someone.
Speed on the highway.
Steal.
Hurt children.
Burn down houses.
Not pay our taxes
Swear on AO forums.
Keep a fish under a certain size.............................................. . and so on.

and to own a gun:

And if you own a gun, you are a criminal under sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code.

Mind you, if you pay the government an indulgence, they will let you own certain kinds of guns.

However, the minister of justus can take your gun away at any time and control the rules for any indulgence, or even remove these indulgences without even going to parliment.

THESE ARE THE RULES!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
How do you perceive this thread?
I percieve it as a confusing, rambling, impossible-to-follow diatribe. It makes no sense and I don't know what you are proposing or the rationale for it.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM

While I disagree with some aspects of our country, I agree with the majority of benefits over living in a country of political corruption.

How do I perceive this thread?

If you don't like it, you can choose to leave. That's Canadian, retaining your choice.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I percieve it as a confusing, rambling, impossible-to-follow diatribe. It makes no sense and I don't know what you are proposing or the rationale for it.
x 6. It sucks.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM

And here I was just thinking "I was a little harsh on the fellow". Honestly, I just couldn't follow it or get the point. That's all I should have said.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
And here I was just thinking "I was a little harsh on the fellow". Honestly, I just couldn't follow it or get the point. That's all I should have said.
Don't worry. I can take critisim and expect it. I wanted true responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
While I disagree with some aspects of our country, I agree with the majority of benefits over living in a country of political corruption.

How do I perceive this thread?

If you don't like it, you can choose to leave. That's Canadian, retaining your choice.
It's a somewhat sarcastic way of looking at all the debate about not enough COs or too many, license costs and where the money goes and how much it costs to fish and resource management and cash grabs and blanket regulations and all of the "hot topics" that have turned into beetching contests over the last month or so. I get into it and beetch too. Seems like you can't start a thread that doesn't goes sideways toward one of the topics I mentioned no matter how unrelated it is. So I ran this thread because it can't go sideways.

Bottom line is we can beetch all we want but we really don't get a choice in these matters. I think we are lucky to have so many choices of outdoor recreational sports and the freedom to do it, within our respective budgets.

Some of you think I wasted my time writing the thread but I question how much time some of you spend looking for the sh*t disturbers and start bashing and criticizing others on whatever thread you can stick your nose into and start slamming people; BTW I have no problem with this and think it makes the forum more interesting.

There is no real point to the thread. It just makes you think. Personally, I'm with The Fisherman Guy.

And ya Enzo, I already know how much you like me and value my opinions.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
There is no real point to the thread. It just makes you think. Personally, I'm with The Fisherman Guy.

I think you will make a cute couple. Enzo is spelled with a small e (except at the start of a sentence.)
Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 PM

OK enzo. Thanks for your kind remarks.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM

My perception is as follows: the post is poorly written, hard to follow and seems to lack any definable point.