Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Holy crap, a guy I'm all for taking the time to share a pic of what I think is a pretty nice fish, but unlike Morph, I have better things to do with my days then jack around on photoshop. No offense, but I could barely figure out how to post a pic on this forum, let alone alter a picture to look perfect on an editing program. If You spent some time out on the ice instead of in front of your computer all the time you might get a chance to see one yourself morph. Whatever though. Trophybook, PM me and tell me where you think it came from and I would be inclined to share where it really did...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM

ill never stop surprising how jealous and ridiculous people are
get a life!

nice fish guys! looks like every pic beats my record (11.5)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Nice fish! Get that thing mounted.

Morph, hope your not CSI.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 AM

Awesome pics burningfreak!! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the positive feedback and ignore the negative.

Deano
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM

That is a spectacular fish man. The last time I saw a perch that big was 20yrs ago when my brother nailed a 14" on Burntstick Lake. Wish there were perch in there that size now
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 AM

My biggest this year. 13 inches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpvLHVtcAM.jpg (15.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg phpTzK7crAM.jpg (14.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikester View Post
That is a spectacular fish man. The last time I saw a perch that big was 20yrs ago when my brother nailed a 14" on Burntstick Lake. Wish there were perch in there that size now
haha..there still is!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM

yes nice looking perch makes me want to continue the hunt, though its getting tougher. Just the thought makes me drool
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningfreak View Post
I just started fishing for perch this winter and have managed to catch them on a fairly regular basis, however, I caught one way bigger then the others I have been catching and I just wanted to know, what is concidered big for a perch? this one seemed huge to me.
Very good perch!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Holy crap, a guy I'm all for taking the time to share a pic of what I think is a pretty nice fish, but unlike Morph, I have better things to do with my days then jack around on photoshop. No offense, but I could barely figure out how to post a pic on this forum, let alone alter a picture to look perfect on an editing program. If You spent some time out on the ice instead of in front of your computer all the time you might get a chance to see one yourself morph. Whatever though. Trophybook, PM me and tell me where you think it came from and I would be inclined to share where it really did...
X2.
Unfortunatly some people lead boring lives and have nothing better to do than criticize others on their success. As you said maybe Morph ought to spend a little less time in front of his/her computer and a little more trying to catch a beauty perch like the one you did. It ceases to amaze me how quick some are to jump to unfounded conclusions and pass judgment based on what I can only suspect is jelousy.
Nice fish and thanks for sharing.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I just started fishing for perch this winter and have managed to catch them on a fairly regular basis, however, I caught one way bigger then the others I have been catching and I just wanted to know, what is concidered big for a perch? this one seemed huge to me.
Awesome Perch!

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 PM

As per the orginal question, 2lbs and over would be considered a big Perch. Length could vary depending on how thick the fish is. Anything less is... well... just a Perch.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
As per the orginal question, 2lbs and over would be considered a big Perch. Length could vary depending on how thick the fish is. Anything less is... well... just a Perch.
So is weight the proper method of measurement as far as perch go or is it just preference? Just curious, in the end I just like catching the little buggers, but its fun competing with my dad and brother.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Weight I guess would be the definitive way to measure the largeness of a perch, but anyone who tells you a perch over 12" is small is pretty well off their rocker. With measurements I've read in tons of different magazines and articles and what they considered a jumbo. Some say over 9'' is jumbo (trying to make themselves feel good I think) while others is over 12" (more suiting). Then there are "sumo" perch which are approaching 2 lbs and beyond. If you tell anyone you caught a 14" perch they will oblige you with a "holy **** that is big" answer, followed by reminiscing about the old days when a guy could get a half dozen that big in an hour hahaha.