Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 PM

I dont remember seeing a playground, but it is a nice park. Look it up on the provincial web sight for carson pegasus..or maybe send a PM to Paul C he knows the area best....
Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Default Camping @ Carson Pegasus

Play Ground is down on the lower loop camp site area on the west side of the lake. Camping there they have not opened up the main camp ground yet. The same location also is the swimming area as well. I was surprised to hear that there is no fire ban in the park according to whitecourt rcmp. However there is fire ban for whitecourt. I found the conditions very very dry for that time of year. Cheers and Happy Rainbow Hunting
Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 AM

Default Lake Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie55 View Post
Sorry to challenge you Bearbait, but Carson Lake is the old name for McLeod Lake. The smaller lake beside it is Little McLeod Lake, which used to be called Pegasus, and has Pike, Perch and Whites in it.
So...
Carson = McLeod
Pegasus = Little McLeod

The McLeod names are now how you will find them in the regs.
I thought the camp ground was called carson-pegasus. The main lake is Mcleod and the smaller lake with pike, white fish is called little mcleod. I know there is good size whites in little mcleod. Happy Mr. Rainbow spring hunting.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Thumbs up Learning is............

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
I hear ya paul, but to be honest...thanks to the new HDS I found most of the 100 or so trout we caught on the bottom in 25-30 feet of water jigging with works and powerbait marshmellows....I would have never, ever tried that if I couldnt see them plain as day! Learning this whole thing over again....
Learning is fun catching those hungry fish while enjoying a cold brew.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 AM

i found the same thorne...they were staging for the spawn in 23-27 feet of water....hit one hole that had fish stacked on the hummin bird side imageing like crazy....we caught alot out of that hole...only kept a couple for the smoker...mmmmmm smoked trout...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Paul C you are a Trout god!!!!!!!!!! any tips on catching them for The Reel Doctor???? Please I am awesome at catching walleye but trout I kinda suck! LOL I wanna go to carson this weekend please a hint or? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Here is tonites catch at laurel lake. Fun ultra-lite fishing
Picture by Mr. Axeman. Thx Dave
Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Question Staging for Spawning ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
i found the same thorne...they were staging for the spawn in 23-27 feet of water....hit one hole that had fish stacked on the hummin bird side imageing like crazy....we caught alot out of that hole...only kept a couple for the smoker...mmmmmm smoked trout...
Staging for spawning, I have never heard of that term. The rainbows are moving into shallow water no more than fifty feet from the shore line. That is why I am not in a boat. The best fishing is from shore using "Hellsinky" method or ultra-lite fishing. In the early afternoon the fish had started to move back into the lake but at evening time they were back biting hard in shallow water.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Talking Attack @ Dolberg

I took this photo of the hungry critters trying to attack the boat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leech Attack.jpg (55.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Well me and my buddies are working on a secret trout bait...tried it over the winter with good sucess, and the amazing day we had on Carson confirmed it...best thing is for the over 30 or so trout I caught, I unly used 3 peices of bait for the whole day, with regulation barbless hooks! This stuff is tuff, full of sent, and 100% natural. People have been using it for over 100 years back east, but not until now have I ever tried it in alberta, and it rocks! Better news, $5.00 will get you enough bait for months of trout fishing! Just want to try it on Walleye next....soon I will let everyone know what is gonna put the worm farms out of business! and no this is not a marketing gimmic...you can buy it almost anywhere...should kick ass with the burbs and prehaps sturgeon as well...
Old 05-04-2010, 02:59 PM

HAAAA Nice Zan!!! An di remenber exactly what you were using, thats wicked think I'll pick up some bait "X"
Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 AM

Thumbs up Hogs of Bellis Lake

These spring rainbows were very scrappy to catch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bellis2_may5_10.jpg (57.2 KB, 118 views)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Thumbs up Carson Cray Fish

This one was tough to photograph because it was trying to grab me.The kids at the lake caught this one on a white string hung down next to the board walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carson_cray_may_09.jpg (54.6 KB, 103 views)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 PM

trying to get back there weekend of the 15...hopefully ill see you guys again! I never got to eat any of the last batch, so I am looking forward to getting some eats this time out!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up Star Lake Trout for May 8,2010

The fishing was really good around 5:00 a.m. It was very cold as well. Baileys helped me keep warm.
Fly fisherman did good as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star_may8_2010.JPG (81.4 KB, 97 views)
Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Woop woop! Can't wait to get out there with you next weekend Zan!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-09-2010, 03:38 PM

YA should be a great weekend if the weather co-operates...can't wait to open up the boat!! 12kph here I come!! Hoping those holding areas I found last weekend are still producing, andI have no doubt they are. Hopefully a few other guys show up as well. Its a small lake, wont take much to fill up!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
YA should be a great weekend if the weather co-operates...can't wait to open up the boat!! 12kph here I come!! Hoping those holding areas I found last weekend are still producing, andI have no doubt they are. Hopefully a few other guys show up as well. Its a small lake, wont take much to fill up!
Try not to fall asleep while cruising at 12 k.p.h.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Can you guys shed some light on the color pattern of those bows.

I've never seen a bow or fish with it being half dark half light. Is it a "birthmark"??

Great Looking Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Default Campground

The main campground will open up on friday May 15, 2010.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up Carson Lake Update for May 15, 2010

The fishing was slow in the morning in front of the boat launch due to high traffic. It took ten minutes for the trout to come back in and fishing then picked again. Beware that thefts in the main campground had been happening. Total loses of around 15,000 dollars.
56 Caught trouties.
Lost 23 trouties.
Only two fish of bigger size but not over three pounds.
Here is the photos. Happy Camping and Fishin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carson1_may15_10.JPG (55.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Carson_may15_10.JPG (91.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 PM

Can anyone tell me if this true or not: Carson (Trout lake) is electric motor only....Where exactly is Pegasus(Pike lake)? Is this lake open for gas motors? I want to take the wife and kids camping and we have a nice random camp spot about 15 mins from the trout lake. Should I bother with the 12 foot alum boat or just fish from the shore. I would rather try the pike lake tho!! I enjoy pike fishing more than trout.... Thanks in advance for all the info guys!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dvx View Post
Can anyone tell me if this true or not: Carson (Trout lake) is electric motor only....Where exactly is Pegasus(Pike lake)? Is this lake open for gas motors? I want to take the wife and kids camping and we have a nice random camp spot about 15 mins from the trout lake. Should I bother with the 12 foot alum boat or just fish from the shore. I would rather try the pike lake tho!! I enjoy pike fishing more than trout.... Thanks in advance for all the info guys!!
Go back to page one of this thread and the answer is there for you.
Cheers and Happy Fishing !
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone know what the power sites are like at the Carson-Pegasus campground? Are they side-by-side or are they tree'd and separated from each other?

I'd like to go camping/fishing up there on the weekend, but don't want to be right next to my neighbor.

Thanks,

Wes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Thumbs up Campground @ Carson-Pegasus

If you are going call ahead to make sure you get the site you want.
If you google carson pegasus there is a map of the camp ground on line.
There is lots of eletric and non eletric sites. This campground has a very high bookings. The sooner you call the better the chances you have.
1-780-849-7100 or 1-780-778-2664. The fishing is still really good there but remember location is key to catch those bigger ones. There is a report of bear in the main campground.
Cheers

Last edited by Paul C; 05-25-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Staging for spawning, I have never heard of that term. The rainbows are moving into shallow water no more than fifty feet from the shore line. That is why I am not in a boat. The best fishing is from shore using "Hellsinky" method or ultra-lite fishing. In the early afternoon the fish had started to move back into the lake but at evening time they were back biting hard in shallow water.
So what is the "Hellsinky" method. I've never heard of that?

Wes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Talking Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgraves View Post
So what is the "Hellsinky" method. I've never heard of that?

Wes
I do not publish this method of fishing. Contact me directly for this prized information.
Cheers & Happy Fishin
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Lol. Paul, don't give away my secrets. Remember, I hold the patent on that method.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:22 AM

Thumbs up Hellsinky Fishin Rulez !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Lol. Paul, don't give away my secrets. Remember, I hold the patent on that method.
I know Axeman will not sell his patent. I tried to change his mind with a few cold brews but it did not work.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM

I just have one thing to say about that, Paul. MORE BEER
Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Talking Icon

That icon looks like Jody but it is missing foaming from the mouth.