Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Default Advice

Just thought I would ask you guys for some info. about a draw application this year. Me and my father go for moose every year with the bows just out West of Edm. in 337, a zone that is archery only, basically until Nov. (no draw req'd) Generally, we have had good success, or good opportunity to say the least.

This year however, we are both high priority for a draw moose draws. My younger brother is also high priority for moose draw. The thing is... he hunts with a rifle. I figure if we get out into an area with quite a few bulls running around, I may be able to get one in close enough for him to get a taste of archery. (my father and I will still hunt with archery tackle, regardless)

Most of all, I would like to make it a truly memorable experience for old dad, hopefully with some success. I haven't hunted any rifle zones in the past 5 years. I used to hunt either up in the Chinchauga (524 i think) or the Whitecourt area (349), and haven't scouted either area in the last 5 years. Any suggestions for WMU's with a good population of bull moose running around???