Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Default 2012 world junior championship

Just checked my email and I was lucky enough to be drawn. I got drawn for the Calgary games and am super stoked. Can't wait to cheer on Canada as they win gold next year.

Anyone else get drawn?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM

The wife got drawn for Calgary as well!! That covers the whole tourny for us now!! Edmonton seats came with our season tickets and now Calgary wrapped up!!! Should be fantastic!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Nope I didnt get drawn, neither did the old lady.
Man you are lucky
Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 PM

I was drawn for Edmonton and my buddy for Calgary. When is the first group allowed to get their tickets? I am not til 1o pm on Thursday.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Wednesday at noon.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Default tICKETS

NEVER GOT DRAWN. MY SON'S AND I WERE SURE HOPING TO GO.

SO CLOSE TO HOME AND NOT BE ABLE GO REALLY SUCKS. BEING ABLE TO SEE ATLEAST ONE GAME IN EDMONTON WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!

PS I ANYONE HAS AN EXTRA THREE TICKETS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

PIN
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

Default tickets

If you get drawn you are allowed to purchase 6 packages, that's 6 seats total I believe for whichever draw you got for all games in that city. If anyone who gets drawn is not going to use all of there alloted packages, I would like to purchase 2 seats (2 packages) to both Edmonton and Calgary for the 100 section tickets, highest priced. If anyone is willing to let me in on this that would be great, I can kick some $$$ you way or do this in trade for a waterfowl hunt or something, I will supply everything and find the shoot. Let me know, thanks, and congrats if you were picked.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 PM

DRAWN!!!!!! Edmonton.

Almost as good as checking the draw results in early July ... if you know what I mean.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM

i never got drawn dammit , but the girlfriend got drawn for edmonton !!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM

Anyone not using all 6 tickets for edmonton let me know. I would be happy to compensate you to buy the ones you dont need. Let me know.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Congrats to those drawn!! For me my luck must of been done when I got drawn for quarter finals and semi finals tickets for mens hockey at the Olympics last year!!

Maybe my parents or siblings got lucky.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Is it just me or is the ticket sales process a scalpers dream ?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 AM

None here

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM

i didn't get drawn, too bad.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 AM

No luck here either. Just as good, if they put on a performance like they did this year, I sure would not want to spend the money and see them fold like a cheep tent. Any way, I will still be watching them cheering them on in front of the TV in my Canadian jersey. Its still the best hockey ever.

Last edited by yamaha 1; 01-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM

nope me either
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM

I was lucky enough to draw calgary!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Default Wjhc

I have attended 4 tournaments, including this year in Buffalo, and have seen the cost escalate to the point it is at now. In Buffalo, no round robin games were sold out, and the costs were less than they will be in Edmonton. Will the games sell out, just because they are in Alberta? Why such a difference in cost betweem Edmonton and Calgary?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Default I think the difference is

That in Edmonton we are gaurenteed 3 or 4 Canada games. For Calgary there is a gaurentee of only 1. I think this method of selling tickets is a scaplers dream. Hockey Canada is forcing us to sell those tickets we dont want to go to. 31 games is a lot of hockey in about 10 days or so.

I just bought my tickets for Edmonton. There was only high 200 level seats and 300's left. Lower bowl, executive terrace and terrace is GONE. Here is hoping my buddy can get us tickets for Calgary when he is eligible tomorrow. I never thought of the possibility of being drawn and still not getting tickets.

I hope everyone gets their seats.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Default Anyone Buy tickets in Calgary yet?

Has anyone purchased tickets in Calgary yet? Just wondering what is available currently, not that they will still be available tomorrow afternoon... here's hopin!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 PM

i purchased mine today, i have 6 tickets in the 300 level, i dont know what was avaible but i cant wait to go watch them bring home the gold
Old 01-12-2011, 09:52 PM

If anyone wants to sell 2 tickets out of their package I will pay top dollar full face value right now! Its been a dream of mine and my fathers to watch this tournament!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 PM

Default Anyone want to trade?

I have 2 extra seats for the Edmonton games. The $620 packs. Anyone want to do a trade for some of the Calgary packs? We can work something out. Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM

I am really ticked. I was drawn but by the time they got to me they were sold out. Who ever thought they should give up to 6 tickets per person is a complete idiot and obviously does not understand simple math. Same thing with my buddy drawn for Calgary. I would of rather not been drawn at all if they could not figure out the math thing.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
If anyone wants to sell 2 tickets out of their package I will pay top dollar full face value right now! Its been a dream of mine and my fathers to watch this tournament!
I would also like to purchase two seats to the Edm. Games. Four setas would be best but if I can buy 2 sets at least me and my family can split the games.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by podman View Post
I am really ticked. I was drawn but by the time they got to me they were sold out. Who ever thought they should give up to 6 tickets per person is a complete idiot and obviously does not understand simple math. Same thing with my buddy drawn for Calgary. I would of rather not been drawn at all if they could not figure out the math thing.
I understand your anger. a friend was pumped he was drawn for calgary. I couldn't believe that he was able to buy up to 6 tickets. What kind of crap is that. In order to stop or limit scalping why would they not limit it to pairs? then 3 times the amount of people can be drawn. Also, He went to buy his and all that was available were 300 level seating in singles. He was choked and threw in the towel. To me it seems the priority draw was a sham. Maybe they jumped the gun and were not prepared with everything in order.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM

I think most of the season ticket holders scooped up the tickets. My brother in law was drawn for Wednesday at 2:00 and it took a half hour just to find 2 tickets seating together. I think he got one of the last sets.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM

this tournament will be a scalpers dream
Old 01-14-2011, 04:10 AM

Default Not all drawn get tix

Some hockey fans who won the right to purchase tickets for the World Junior Hockey Championship being held in Alberta next year have been left empty handed after the ticket packages sold out due to "unprecedented" interest in the event.

Fans had the chance to buy tickets by entering their names in a priority draw. More than 187,000 people applied for the opportunity to purchase the packages.

According to organizers, more than 17,000 ticket packages, which included about 275,000 tickets, were sold.

The tickets sold out before everyone selected in the draw had the chance to access the offer, organizers said.

"It sucks," said Calgarian Richard Brown, who thought he'd have the chance to buy at least two ticket packages after his name was chosen in the draw.

When he logged on at his allotted time, 1 p.m. today, the packages were already sold out.

"It seems like the math is pretty simple. They knew exactly how many tickets were left. They sat there and misled everybody to think they could purchase them."

About half the total tickets available were set aside for season ticket holders of the Calgary Hitmen, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oil Kings and Edmonton Oilers.

The priority draw was the only chance for other fans to purchase seats.

"The response from hockey fans to the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship priority draw process continues to exceed all of our expectations," said Bob Nicholson, Hockey Canada president and member of the championship steering committee.

"The interest in this event is even beyond what any of us imagined when we started preparing for this event back in 2008."

Other hosts have sold tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Fans who won the draw were told they had the chance to purchase up to six ticket packages which include all 21 tournament games in Calgary or 10 games in Edmonton.

Organizers said the draw was the fairest way to allot ticket packages in Edmonton and Calgary, where the event is being hosted in 2012.

Did you miss out on the chance to buy tickets after your name was drawn? Let us know: jkomarnicki@calgaryherald.com

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1B0TfLjQq
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Default Wjr"s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
this tournament will be a scalpers dream
X2 On This

I wonder how many of the event organizers family and friends made out with tickets

Pin