Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Ed Stelmack ?

Did anyone hear that they offered fast Eddy a $1 000 000.00 severance packadge. WTF? this just ###% me off. One million bucks for what!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha 1 View Post
Did anyone hear that they offered fast Eddy a $1 000 000.00 severance packadge. WTF? this just ###% me off. One million bucks for what!!!!!
Thats cheap compared to what he did to our economy. As long as he's gone, regardless of price.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:29 AM

That doesn't surprise me one bit. But at least he's gone.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM

WaS it a severance package or the gold plated pension dirtbag politicians have entitled themselves to? Doesn't matter what you call it, it is still robbery.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 PM

I'm sure he could get another job now that pays 10 million a year, million bucks don't sound like a lot for 25 years as a MLA and a Premier. Why don't you run for office so you can get a million bucks?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I'm sure he could get another job now that pays 10 million a year, million bucks don't sound like a lot for 25 years as a MLA and a Premier. Why don't you run for office so you can get a million bucks?
I think that MP work is way overrated. I am sure that most other government/non-government employees work just as hard and actually do work most of the year.
What do these people get for 25 years of service especially if a person decides to quit on their own. I am not saying that everyone should be getting these kind of bonuses but it is kind of a slap in the face to the rest of us in the work force who do not choose their own pay and benefits.

Don't MPs get great pension anyways and isn't that enough and proper compensation for the years of service? Why is this extra greasing allowed and tolerated? Oh, by the way, I am aware that we had elected these people to lead us, I just wish they could lead by example. Enough said
Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 PM

Doesn't make any sense to me how he can be retiring and get a severence. Aren't those for when you get fired without cause that you get one?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 PM

I never heard he got a severance, maybe it was called something else.
I am more upset that slimeball CEO's and management that run the likes of Goldman Sachs, GE, AIG, GM and the Canadian banks "yeah they got bailed out to" ect make 100's of millions a dollars while they screw everyone and get bailed out by taxpayers, then a senior politician of the richest province in Canada making a million bucks.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I never heard he got a severance, maybe it was called something else.
I am more upset that slimeball CEO's and management that run the likes of Goldman Sachs, GE, AIG, GM and the Canadian banks "yeah they got bailed out to" ect make 100's of millions a dollars while they screw everyone and get bailed out by taxpayers, then a senior politician of the richest province in Canada making a million bucks.
Another wrong does not make this one right. And yes it is severance package that he got.