Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 02:05 PM

Question Lac La Nonne or Wabamun???????

After to long without getting out, I am going tomorrow, would like to go for some slough sharks, but dont know where there bighting. Im thinking off the ironhead golf corse at Wabamun or the east side of La Nonne off the right point down from conny may's store. Any ideas? I'll be driving in a 2wd ranger, with the wife, so my options are limited without a good hike, that she don't like.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:33 PM

go to wabamun the pike are moving into the bays and shallows right now
Old 03-19-2011, 02:51 PM

When it comes to fishing Lac La Nonne it's more about quanaity than Wabamun IMO. If you fish the right spot on the right day, it's next to impossible to keep the hammerhandle pike off of the hooks when using a 1/4 ounce jig head with a minnow. I get the minnows in bulk in a blue and clear bag at superstore and I can't quite remember what they were labled as though, I think they were labled as shiners. If you also set up a big bait, there is the odd lunker that may come around and strike. For a heads up, there is a mercury consumption advisory for the pike and walleye. I did awsome, fishing off of the north west end boat launch at the drop off.

BTW I wasn't even targetting pike, I was targetting burbot and walleye. The last time I fished that lake at the "good spots", was about 7 years ago.

BTW good luck with fishing at Lac La Nonne

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 PM

U could go to fallis at Wabamun can drive right on as I've been doing with my car today been pretty slow I only got 5 7 Pounders but every day before up to last Sunday its been solid 10 Pounders if you decide to come out ill be more than happy to Point out the spots I've been having luck today they have seen tons on camera but they were only taking larger smelt I always bring lots of different bait as I don't like failing and I am searching for a 20 pounder I will be at fallis very early in the am and I plan on being there all day so don't be actsd to come say hi if you decode to come out I ca.t speak for law lanonne though as I haven't fished it there are 2 threads about Wabamun that fishinggeek and I have started full of the recent successes of the exact spot I speak
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Thanks guy's. I just might come out to Fallis seeing as we can drive on, keep's the lady happy. I'll be grabbing some jack mackrell tonight at superstore, hope to get the wife into a big one, just to see her face.lol. I'll be driving a burgendy ford ranger, feel free to say Hi......
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeHaw View Post
Thanks guy's. I just might come out to Fallis seeing as we can drive on, keep's the lady happy. I'll be grabbing some jack mackrell tonight at superstore, hope to get the wife into a big one, just to see her face.lol. I'll be driving a burgendy ford ranger, feel free to say Hi......
Look forward to seeing ya out there tomorrow.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 PM

Sounds great guys ill be arriving around 630 am