Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Wait times for MRI's and CT scans vary depending on what the issue is.

Scans for possible life threatening illness, or back injuries tend to happen faster than scans for shoulders, knees.

If you're worried, get your doc to refer you to a private clinic and pay for it yourself, you can get it in a week.

If WCB, have your doc send the request to your case worker. They can get you an MRI anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM

I had a CT scan within 2 days of diagnosis. It was not a life threatening situation, however, my family doctor obviously knew someone. It is not what you know, but who your doctor knows as to how quickly you get in. Sh!tty situation, but, I am more than willing to take the short turn.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:18 PM

Shattered my leg and ankle last Sept. at work and WCB had me in for a MRI inside of 24 hours.December needed another one and it took 3 days to get in.Just booked again today and it will be 1 week.That is the only good experiance i had with WCB over the last 8 months.
My Father In Law has brain cancer and has been having 3-5 seizures a day for the last 3 weeks and in ICU and it took him 11 days to get a MRI.
I kid you not.