Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Default Thoughts on the new bow from bowtech the INVASION

i waited like it was x mas to see the new bow from bowtech and i really dont know what to think of it tell you the truth i guess ill find out when i shoot it but still just wondering what everyone else thought
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 PM

They came out with something different from there "usual" line up. (limb wise)

I havn't seen many reviews on it yet, but one guy said it rattles and vibrates a lot. (BB416, something for you to look into )

In all seriousness, the bow looks alright. Not something I would buy though.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM

almost looks close to pse limbs.
http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/prod..._products&i=32
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned

great specs, the monster 7.0 has 1 31/32" longer ata and a 1+ fps faster ibo, and the bowtech is lighter, i like the overall numbers of it, will wait to hear reports how it shoots but i can't imagine they didn't get any bugs worked out in this day and age, probably be a great bow
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM

No surprise that Bowtech would return to the center pivot design. This might be the bow I've been waiting for!! I've been a fan of the Guardian and Captain since their introductions and this is the newest version in the line up. The "hardcore" laminated limbs, to me is the greatest addition, followed by the "overdrive" cams. Though I'd prefer the cams a little "rounder" in design, similar to the Captain.

Just in case they did stray from the Center Pivot design, I had to pick up another Captain last fall (just to have in reserve, I love it so much!!) and haven't shot a single arrow. I'll have to see if the Invasion CPX is it's replacement!!??

http://www.ferniergc.com/
Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Pretty tough to impress me these days with a new bow. They are all pretty fast. Ive had my General for 3 full seasons and with a 8 1/4" brace height so as long as i hold dead on...she's a killer. I thought about going to the APA MX2 last year but the only difference would have been a new bow, just as fast as my old bow. I really dont know any guys hunting with IBO speeds. I always thought that energy was the true killer.
Having said all that i may buy a new bow on a whim this year...just gotta have the latest and greatest.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

i just use the ibo speeds to gauge one bow to another, i like to shoot on light side of things but still only got 338 fps out of 360 plus rated bow with 378 grs....at 100 yrds it still carries more velocity and energy than my old 315 fps ibo rated bow did at the muzzle(was shooting around 290 fps with the last bow and only 367 grains)

the horsepower difference is very noticeable, on targets and game, especially when shooting past 40
Old 01-12-2011, 08:03 PM

The bowtech site takes forever to load up......guess all that flash/bang must sell bows.......the military theme for naming their bows too
I've got a Guardian so I'm not anti-bowtech....just sayin...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

lol, its got really good numbers and features, if reports are good and no weird tendancies i may end up trying one and i'm diehard mathews but this one has me looking, think monster 7 with a bit less ata and half pound less weight, sync'd dual cams, they went split hard core limbs, kept this center pivot set up that some guys really seem to dig, it actually looks nice too....7" bh etc. etc. 343 fps ibo (the mr7 is 344+) so i'll have essentially same thing so i doubt i'll get one but sure is appealing, i bet they sell them all
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Default clone

looks like a PSE clone why not buy the original from pse
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
Really? PSE builds a center pivot, laminated carbon limb, overdrive binary cam bow? Sounds exciting, I'll have to check them out!

Old 01-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Default knot

hey 3-d dont get you panties in a knot i just said it looks like not thats it is. mellow out a wee bit
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
hey 3-d dont get you panties in a knot i just said it looks like not thats it is. mellow out a wee bit
I guess all compound bows "look like" one another... a vented riser, adjustable limbs, cams, cables and string... all this considered, I'd say they are far from looking alike, in today's archery market.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
You need to look harder then. The riser, center pivot and cam look nothing like a PSE.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM

I can see why someone would think its like a PSE, but this is not your papa's PSE (sarcastic), Center Pivot Riser, Flx guard, Overdrive Cam, yadda yadda yadda.

It does have the Pre-tensioned beyond parallel limb design that PSE does utilize, however with the addition of the Center Pivot riser, it allows for the limb design without riser reflex, creating (in theory) a bow with less vibration because of the hands/handles position on the riser and the risers shape and position in regard to the limb insertion (a.k.a. the limb pocket).

All and all it looks like a mean machine, might have to test it out...
Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Not a PSE so its not much, Speed Kills
Cheers
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Bought the 80# invasion what a absolute beautiful bow!!!!
There is no shock at all, very hard hitting, easy to shoot, very light, and just shot a robin hood at 50yrds!!!!! Shes a shooter you wont go wrong buying one of these gems!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM

I was shooting my invasion the other day at 115 yards. Ya ya just for fun. Anyways I hit a piece of steel oops it shattered my arrow shoved the field point and insert 3inches back into the shaft and put a 1/4 inch crater into the sheet of steel plenty of energy to kill even at that distance. #64 30'' draw 400 grain arrow. Love this bow.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:17 PM

I think it is a clever design. Most bows today are a reflex riser design which results in the riser wanting to torque when you draw the bow back. Bowtech Invasion brings back their centre pivot and pushes the grip forward so the grip is infront of the "pivot point" thus creating a virtual deflex riser reducing torque on the handle.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:37 PM

Default mine is great...

Had the invasion a few weeks - its very forgiving and keeps my scores on targets higher than any other bow I've had. Can't wait for hunting season this fall...