Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Sasquatch and it is in our province?>
No, not a chance! 326 32.34%
Yes, I believe! 249 24.70%
Possibly, but I need to see the proof. 351 34.82%
Who is this AlbertaSasquatch guy and what is he thinking? 82 8.13%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 05:12 PM

I guess you can believe what you want and I don't think you should belittle someone for what they believe. One time we were sitting under a rock ledge watching some elk below us, from somewhere very close behind us we heard this very loud scream. My first thought was cougar, but it didn't sound like any that I have heard before even in wildlife shows. Scared the crap out of me because all was very quiet prior to this. The ground was hard so we never did find any tracks. I am not sure what it was but not ruling out bigfoot.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 AM

I grew up hunting the mountains behind Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and my Dad and I heard some "calling" once while hunting blacktails. It was not anything either of us could recognise. Not cougar screams or ungulate calls or any bird sreams. It was so freaky, it sent shivers down both our spines.
Shortly after we heard something moving across the slope above us making rocks and gravel slide down towards us but we could not see through the douglas firs and pines well enough to pick out whatever it was. All I know is it moved across the slope faster than anything should have been able to. Then it screamed again and let me tell you, we left downhill in a hurry. The smell that others try to describe was very prevalent and strong this whole time. Bad not bear, not deer just Bad and made you feel very uneasy.

We never told anyone and still never talk about it.
It was a quiet drive home that day.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 PM

I checked out your website last night and read thru all of the Alberta reports, articles, and classics. I've always been interested in The whole "Bigfoot" mystery!

Just curious as to why there has been reports from Alberta pretty consistantly from the 1970's to 2000 but there is nothing in the last 10 years?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:38 PM

I have to tell you that there may be some fact that this is a myth. I am in fact a decedent of the Sasquatch, at least that is what the girls have told me. I do have to body shave at least twice a week (total body shave) and the girls make un godly sounds during a night out, just sayin'
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 AM

I don't think they're stupid and probably make an effort to stay away from humans.

As for not being seen too often, I stumbled across this recently which might partly explain it:

http://www.cryptozoology.com/articles/plainsight.php
Old 09-19-2015, 04:31 PM

I personally find this topic fascinating. It is arrogant to believe that we know what lives in the bush when very few people ever go in there. I have been in deep wilderness (IE drive on dirt road for hours to camp where a helicopter takes you to another camp that is heli access only and then get helicoptered out for field work) and can say that even us people that go into it barely scratch the surface of what could be in there. Since we are typically loud and smell funny to animals I think any intelligent being would know we are there, and choose whether or not to make contact.

I have had a couple weird things happen to me in the bush but I can't say what they were as I never saw anything. Sometimes a bear would be ten feet away and I could not see it due to the thickness of the bush I was in. One time I had a tantrum in the bush (fed up with fighting it) and fell backwards only to be held up by bush

There were a few occasions working in the bush where I felt uneasy and had the get the F out of the area. I can't say there was anything around me, I looked, but I just knew I had to get the hell out. Its a feeling you can only understand if you have felt it. I think it is a reaction we have when we subconsciously sense a predator nearby - just a theory. One day a coworker and I met to make a helipad together at the end of the day. We were on the side of a steep hill (imagine a steep eroded mountain with a narrow valley) and started to cut trees down so that the helicopter could make a toe in. After about 20mins something went crazy in the bush just next to us about 50 yards away across a gulley. 6-8 inch aspen trees were shaking like there was an earthquake and bushes were moving like they were in a gale force wind. I remember a deep grunting as well. It stopped as quickly as it started. We were in grizz country, but I have never seen or heard something like that being done by a grizzly. Just a bit odd.

As far as Sasquatch goes, my research into seemingly legitimate encounters tells me that these things are scary, and anyone going into the deep woods should be wary (this coming from an idiot going out for a 5 day hunting trip alone). These things have been seen abducting people and children, they have acted violently towards people, and they are freaking huge. Many people go missing in the bush all the time but it is not widely publicized. Read the Missing 411 books or look it up, its a scary world out there. Anyways, if peoples stories are correct these things can get bigger than 10ft tall and 4 feet wide. I want you to imagine that in your minds eye for a second. Now you know why people say they never want to see it again. People that encounter these things have PTSD from it half the time and have noone to talk to that will take them seriously. They get nightmares about it, sometimes for years. I know some people will think I am crazy, but you are stupid not to at least prepare yourself in case these things exist. Watch your backs out there fellas, and stay in groups of two or more if you can help it.

If you are interested in hearing some of these aggressive encounters I recommend listening to sasquatch chronicles podcast. It is the side of Sasquatch few people know about.

Thats my offload of crazy for the time being.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezura View Post
NVM i see your site is in plain view lol
My father was born at Saunders Creek in 1924 where his father was the mine blacksmith. About 25 years ago he told me a story about how when the mine would shut down in the summer the miners from Saunders and the natives that had a settlement around Shunda Creek would band together and travel to Cow Lake to hunt and fish to get their meat for the upcoming winter. At 1 of the spots where they would set up a camp there was a clearing with a large mound of rocks in it. He said the rocks were all too big for 1 or 2 men to move around but that it was easy to tell that the rocks had obviously been piled there. He said that the natives told the miners that the clearing was where " the big men from the bush" ( his words) would gather. He also said that it was not uncommon for the people making the trip to feel as if they were being watched and followed. He never claimed to have seen anything odd. I don't know if that clearing and pile of rocks is still somewhere back in there or not. He also said that the moose, elk and deer were so numerous at that time in that area that you were almost tripping over them and that there was a huge amount of fish in Cow Lake.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
I personally find this topic fascinating. It is arrogant to believe that we know what lives in the bush when very few people ever go in there. I have been in deep wilderness (IE drive on dirt road for hours to camp where a helicopter takes you to another camp that is heli access only and then get helicoptered out for field work) and can say that even us people that go into it barely scratch the surface of what could be in there. Since we are typically loud and smell funny to animals I think any intelligent being would know we are there, and choose whether or not to make contact.

I have had a couple weird things happen to me in the bush but I can't say what they were as I never saw anything. Sometimes a bear would be ten feet away and I could not see it due to the thickness of the bush I was in. One time I had a tantrum in the bush (fed up with fighting it) and fell backwards only to be held up by bush

There were a few occasions working in the bush where I felt uneasy and had the get the F out of the area. I can't say there was anything around me, I looked, but I just knew I had to get the hell out. Its a feeling you can only understand if you have felt it. I think it is a reaction we have when we subconsciously sense a predator nearby - just a theory. One day a coworker and I met to make a helipad together at the end of the day. We were on the side of a steep hill (imagine a steep eroded mountain with a narrow valley) and started to cut trees down so that the helicopter could make a toe in. After about 20mins something went crazy in the bush just next to us about 50 yards away across a gulley. 6-8 inch aspen trees were shaking like there was an earthquake and bushes were moving like they were in a gale force wind. I remember a deep grunting as well. It stopped as quickly as it started. We were in grizz country, but I have never seen or heard something like that being done by a grizzly. Just a bit odd.

As far as Sasquatch goes, my research into seemingly legitimate encounters tells me that these things are scary, and anyone going into the deep woods should be wary (this coming from an idiot going out for a 5 day hunting trip alone). These things have been seen abducting people and children, they have acted violently towards people, and they are freaking huge. Many people go missing in the bush all the time but it is not widely publicized. Read the Missing 411 books or look it up, its a scary world out there. Anyways, if peoples stories are correct these things can get bigger than 10ft tall and 4 feet wide. I want you to imagine that in your minds eye for a second. Now you know why people say they never want to see it again. People that encounter these things have PTSD from it half the time and have noone to talk to that will take them seriously. They get nightmares about it, sometimes for years. I know some people will think I am crazy, but you are stupid not to at least prepare yourself in case these things exist. Watch your backs out there fellas, and stay in groups of two or more if you can help it.

If you are interested in hearing some of these aggressive encounters I recommend listening to sasquatch chronicles podcast. It is the side of Sasquatch few people know about.

Thats my offload of crazy for the time being.
I got some shares in the 'Lost Lemon Mine' that I'll let go to just the right guy......
Old 09-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Default What to do if Sasquatch is sighted when hunting

I've brought this up a few times while sitting in a spot for a couple hours or 10 days straight...what would you do if Sasquatch crossed?
Take a picture?...probably no time.
Say"was that what you think it was".
Holler at it to get a better look?
Shoot it?
Is it legal to shoot?
Is it real?
or some jerk off playing games?!
None the less...jail!
Am I gonna go to jail!
Do I WANNA be THAT guy?...shoot and kill Sasquatch and end the legend ?

Think of the money!? ...they'd probably take it anyway....and I or we go to jail!

Legality...did you know you were shooting Sasquatch? Well it definitely looked like him. Back to jail.
Not gona eat him so why shoot him!
SO MANY QUESTIONS?!

I think I'd be the guy that watched in awe as to what just happened and tell it how it was , even though the laughter would follow!
If it was true it would sure humble a guy!! I'd think !if something could possibly go that long without ever being killed or beyond a doubt being proven real in this world with all the people that have covered every inch of every type of ground...then it's probably not real.
jMO
Old 03-07-2016, 02:28 PM

just bumping a great thread
Old 03-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Question Big horn dam

Years ago when the Bighorn dam was being, built you have heard most of the story right.wrong, my wife's great uncle worked there he was one of the original men who saw the bigfoot. I had the chance to interview Mr.Engen about it.what he told me is that the next day they went to hunt it down. when they got out of the car the Chief of the band from down the road drove up to Mr. Engen and the rest of the men and said You'll leave them alone. Mr. Engen and the rest of the men never went after it. but Mr. Engen till the end never changed his story. There is more to this than most people know,my wife's Grandfather also worked on the dam at the same time, her father also worked there. The grand father has a unique story that i'll share at another time.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter474 View Post
Years ago when the Bighorn dam was being, built you have heard most of the story right.wrong, my wife's great uncle worked there he was one of the original men who saw the bigfoot. I had the chance to interview Mr.Engen about it.what he told me is that the next day they went to hunt it down. when they got out of the car the Chief of the band from down the road drove up to Mr. Engen and the rest of the men and said You'll leave them alone. Mr. Engen and the rest of the men never went after it. but Mr. Engen till the end never changed his story. There is more to this than most people know,my wife's Grandfather also worked on the dam at the same time, her father also worked there. The grand father has a unique story that i'll share at another time.
I don't know this bighorn dam story, could you elaborate?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisebuck View Post
I grew up hunting the mountains behind Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and my Dad and I heard some "calling" once while hunting blacktails. It was not anything either of us could recognise. Not cougar screams or ungulate calls or any bird sreams. It was so freaky, it sent shivers down both our spines.
Shortly after we heard something moving across the slope above us making rocks and gravel slide down towards us but we could not see through the douglas firs and pines well enough to pick out whatever it was. All I know is it moved across the slope faster than anything should have been able to. Then it screamed again and let me tell you, we left downhill in a hurry. The smell that others try to describe was very prevalent and strong this whole time. Bad not bear, not deer just Bad and made you feel very uneasy.

We never told anyone and still never talk about it.
It was a quiet drive home that day.

Me and a buddy were up Menzies mountain near Campbell River about 10pm, it was raining, and foggy, and heard screams coming from down the mountain. I work alone in the bush and have never heard anything like that before. Only thing that has made the hair on my neck go up.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I don't know this bighorn dam story, could you elaborate?
Elaborate on fantasy? It's limitless...
Old 03-08-2016, 09:03 PM

Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 PM

Cant say I've seen a Sasquatch but did think I saw a mad hatter.

Was working the night shift at Wally World not more than 2 weeks
ago. Stocking front end shelves on alie 7 the coffee and peanut butter
ile. When I happened to look up and saw a very large man 7'2" broad at
the shoulders, maybe 255 lbs. sporting a broad brimed top hat, silk and black.
He also had dark black plastic sunglasses on at 6:30 am in the morning.
There he stood, at the far end of the ile just starrin' me down at the other
end.

I blinked and rubbed my eyes and he was gone.
Just like that.

Wish I had a camera, that dude was not only scary but had to have been
in Holywood movie or two. And I didn't even get a pic. or a chance to talk.
Like smoke he was gone.

Never seen him before or since.
True.

Also had long black hair in a kind of afro just past his shoulders.
Injun Joe. I thought.

He never said a word.

Funny thing was the brim on the hat was so big, you had to stop and
stair.

None the less the brim was smaller than his shoulders which were wider
that his hips.

A very big man. A tree.
No one to fool with.

Ha, ha, almost forgot!
He had a little baby bugger shopping cart he was pushing in front of him.
A buggy!
And it looked so small it was out of place.
He was so hugh he made the cart look small.

Like watching Alice in Wonderland or Tom Pettys video "Don't come around
here no more".

Yup that's what it was like.

Last edited by Bonescreek; 03-08-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:20 PM

Question Big horn dam sasquatch

Years ago when the Bighorn dam was being built, approx 1968? A group of worker's saw a creature sitting across the ridge the beast stood up and walked away on two legs. My wife's great uncle was one of those people who saw the beast. He had hunted all his life so did the other men that saw it, so this was something that none of them had ever seen before. There is a book and the story with the names of the men and when this occurred . I would have been about give years old at the time. Most of the people have died since then, but Mr Engen always said that whtat they saw was real. Last summer at a family camping party, I asked my wife's aunt about the story she told me what her dad had seen when he worked at building the dam also. I'll share that story later
Old 03-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Anyone seen a three-legged bear lately?
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/three-...bigfoot-video/
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalhunter View Post

Where are these pics from?
Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Bigfoot Stamp issued in 1990 - 39 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter474 View Post
Years ago when the Bighorn dam was being built, approx 1968? A group of worker's saw a creature sitting across the ridge the beast stood up and walked away on two legs. My wife's great uncle was one of those people who saw the beast. He had hunted all his life so did the other men that saw it, so this was something that none of them had ever seen before. There is a book and the story with the names of the men and when this occurred . I would have been about give years old at the time. Most of the people have died since then, but Mr Engen always said that whtat they saw was real. Last summer at a family camping party, I asked my wife's aunt about the story she told me what her dad had seen when he worked at building the dam also. I'll share that story later
http://www.geotourismcanada.com/documents/672.aspx

The newer hamlet of Nordegg is known to be a hotbed of Sasquatch sightings, starting decades ago. The Big Horn Dam has its own stories, in one case five construction workers reported seeing a humongous creature on the dam, and although it ran off before they could investigate further, they had no doubts in their minds as to what they saw. Another account tells of how a camping trip just southeast of the dam turned into a terrifying tale. While the camper was trying to sleep through the night, a series of grunts and unexplainable screams right outside his tent kept the man up, and the next morning a search yielded no results.

Other accounts in the area claim they have seen the creature or its footprints or heard screeching noises that could not be identified as anything but a Sasquatch. Whether a person believes or not, either way, you can’t help but wonder just what does hide in the depths of the forest....
Old 03-10-2016, 06:06 AM

They maybe so real... who knows!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 AM

I cant comprehend how any educated adult would believe in Sasquatches.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mm rem View Post
I cant comprehend how any educated adult would believe in Sasquatches.
They sound like a silly myth until you run into them. If you choose not to believe that is fine, but don't insult the rest of us who know or believe they exist. Seeing these things really messes with some people.

Just be alert and careful out in the wilderness, and don't travel alone or unarmed if you can help it.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
They sound like a silly myth until you run into them. If you choose not to believe that is fine, but don't insult the rest of us who know or believe they exist. Seeing these things really messes with some people.

Just be alert and careful out in the wilderness, and don't travel alone or unarmed if you can help it.
I'd love too see pictures! Were you able to get some DNA ?
I'm more worried about unicorn attacks , but I'll keep my eyes peeled man
Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:

You tell him not to insult people then post that nobody should travel alone or unarmed because of what - a Sasquatch attack??!!
Your post is an insult to my intelligence!?
Cat
Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 PM

I've never seen a sasquatch before, but I've heard some really strange sounds when way out in the bush
Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Default Another Bigfoot story

The owner of a trucking company had to drop off some tanks West of Rocky mtn. House. When he drove on the lease, he saw two creatures sitting on the birm.when he got closer both creatures stood up and walked away, one adult one young. They walked on two legs were hairy bipedal not human. .He had also seen the ridicule that the men at the Bighorn dam, got so he only told Uncle Floyd and a few others. This was at a time when West of Rocky was still wild. But the first nations know they know the truth they don't go back into a certain canyon because of the Bigfoot.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

I can only hope your making some sort of joke and I'm just missing the punchline.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Default No joke

I would have been five or six years of age when this happened, to this day my brother who use to hunt out there will never go near that canyon nor will his son. But I know the truck drivers family and they don't deny it. Like most I would like,to see physical evidence also.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:23 PM

NUFF SAID

Dodger.

Tags
bigfoot sasquatch