Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/11/23...y-toronto-camp

When city staff were sent in to clean up...police moved through...dispersing the people...they waited until fanatics chained themselves to trees...that way the cleaning staff could work around them and being chained to a tree they could not resist.

LMFAO... No need to restrain...the protesters restrained themselves. That is cooperation!

"Police, however, had no intention of raising any more fuss than what was needed. Their plan, according to sources, was to leave anyone chained to a tree there, while taking down any structure around them."
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

How would have the Great Albertan Bill Peyto gotten rid of these vermin.

I figure Bill would have said you have to fight vermin with vermin.

Bill would caught himself a whole bunch of mangy coyotes, and put them alive in burlap sacks.

Bill then would have released the coyotes in the tents and all around the street bums.

It the coyote did not not bite those folks they would have passed on a dose of mange.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I god,I feel dumber now,I`ll have to go Caw-Letch to get undumb.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Am I the only one who can't wait for the South Park episode on this??
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronk View Post
Am I the only one who can't wait for the South Park episode on this??
Good on you Kronk. Thanks for the wake up
Old 11-24-2011, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
No, you can stop anytime you want. NONE of what you said indicates that the Tea Party JOINED the Republicans. They are two separate entities. Although one influences the other, and their politics generally align better than they do with democrats...they are not joined. http://www.teapartyofamerica.org/goals/ No mention of supporting Republicans...only candidates that support Tea Party Goals.

Also...when you are quoting something you need to cite your sources...otherwise it's plagiarism and is meaningless. The article above citing astroturfing makes it sound like you pulled it off of the Huffington post or Wikipedia. The Tea Party is NOT an example of astroturfing...it has been accused of that by people like Nancy Pelosi, and Janeane Garofolo who obviously have their own agenda.
so you are standing buy the tea parties not being a wing of the republican party...then I can't help you.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
so you are standing buy the tea parties not being a wing of the republican party...then I can't help you.
I don't need your help. Thanks. I just don't like to see you posting stuff on here that has no basis in truth.

There are lots of groups that work with, or try to affect the policies of the Republicans or Democrats. Similarly either party may change policy or direction in order to garner votes from these groups if they are a large enough voting block. It doesn't mean they have joined either party. The NRA didn't join the Republicans, the SEIU didn't join the Democrats, and the Tea Party didn't join the Republicans. The Tea Party is a right wing group formed to affect policy making in Washington. Because they are a right wing group, it makes more sense for them to try and affect Republican primaries and policy making than Democratic. Pretty simple.

Taken from a Tea Party website:

"Although some of our members
are Republicans, many are
Democrats, and a large
number are Independents,
too. What unites us is the
need for Governmental Fiscal
Responsibility. We have no
allegiance to any one Party."

from: http://www.teaparty365.org/sites/tea...121trifold.pdf

Not sure how I can make it any clearer for you.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't need your help. Thanks. I just don't like to see you posting stuff on here that has no basis in truth.

There are lots of groups that work with, or try to affect the policies of the Republicans or Democrats. Similarly either party may change policy or direction in order to garner votes from these groups if they are a large enough voting block. It doesn't mean they have joined either party. The NRA didn't join the Republicans, the SEIU didn't join the Democrats, and the Tea Party didn't join the Republicans. The Tea Party is a right wing group formed to affect policy making in Washington. Because they are a right wing group, it makes more sense for them to try and affect Republican primaries and policy making than Democratic. Pretty simple.

Taken from a Tea Party website:

"Although some of our members
are Republicans, many are
Democrats, and a large
number are Independents,
too. What unites us is the
need for Governmental Fiscal
Responsibility. We have no
allegiance to any one Party."

from: http://www.teaparty365.org/sites/tea...121trifold.pdf

Not sure how I can make it any clearer for you.
the democrats don't have tea party leaders in their party, they don't have tea party caususes, they don't have their leaders speak at tea party rallies for hundreds and thousands of dollars speaking fees, they don't have 28 elected representatives in the house.

listen im not disagreeing with the tea party actually I agree with alot what they say and do, but to deny that they have been taken over by the republicans, and pretend that they are a stand alone group without political ties you are either dumb,or maybe you can't understand connections I don't know?, when they started they may have been alone but they have since joined the republicans and with time they will gradually be totally absorbed into the party. where were they when bush was spending like a drunken sailor?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
the democrats don't have tea party leaders in their party, they don't have tea party caususes, they don't have their leaders speak at tea party rallies for hundreds and thousands of dollars speaking fees, they don't have 28 elected representatives in the house.

listen im not disagreeing with the tea party actually I agree with alot what they say and do, but to deny that they have been taken over by the republicans, and pretend that they are a stand alone group without political ties you are either dumb,or maybe you can't understand connections I don't know?, when they started they may have been alone but they have since joined the republicans and with time they will gradually be totally absorbed into the party. where were they when bush was spending like a drunken sailor?
OK...I just showed you a document FROM the TEA PARTY themselves, but you refuse to acknowledge that you were wrong about them joining the Republicans. AND then you call me dumb? Rich. AND then you try and change the argument to me saying they don't have political ties to the Republican party. Of course they do...I said that several posts ago...they are a political action group trying to affect policy change. They did not join the Republican party nor are they a wing of it as you stated in your original post...AS CLEARLY OUTLINED IN THEIR OWN LITERATURE AND POLICY!

You can call a cow a duck, but that won't make it fly.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
OK...I just showed you a document FROM the TEA PARTY themselves,.
Who is the leader of the Tea Party? Do they have conventions? How is/are the leader or leaders selected? If they have documents someone must be authorized to write them.

I'm not being argumentative. It just struck me that I have no idea about any of the above questions.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
OK...I just showed you a document FROM the TEA PARTY themselves, but you refuse to acknowledge that you were wrong about them joining the Republicans. AND then you call me dumb? Rich. AND then you try and change the argument to me saying they don't have political ties to the Republican party. Of course they do...I said that several posts ago...they are a political action group trying to affect policy change. They did not join the Republican party nor are they a wing of it as you stated in your original post...AS CLEARLY OUTLINED IN THEIR OWN LITERATURE AND POLICY!

You can call a cow a duck, but that won't make it fly.
so your sticking by them not having ties to the republican party?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22 AM

While I clearly don't have the knowledge of the movement Ruga does, the Tea Party strikes me as the modern-day equivalent of "The Moral Majority". They were never officially part of the Republican Party nor did they even have much of a formal structure, but the vast majority of people who thought of themselves as members were clearly in the Republican camp, and the Republican party took pains to address their needs as much as they could to maintain their support. However, they were NEVER going to institute all of the Moral Majority's ideas and desires, just the same as the Republican Party will never, IMHO, adopt all the Tea Party philosophy. Things change when you actually have to rule. Our Alliance cum Conservatives have found that out.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
so your sticking by them not having ties to the republican party?
AHHH MAN!! Am I on TV? Is this a joke? Where's Ashton Kutcher?

"Eastcoast is a joy to have in class. He is quite precocious and makes friends easily. He does need to work on his reading and comprehension skills though." Miss Karbopple

I have said in about 2 or 3 posts now that they do indeed have ties to the Republican party. The Tea Party is a right wing political action group and thus it makes sense that they would try and affect policy change through the Republican party. They are not a wing of the Republican party nor did they join the Republican party which you stated in your original post on this matter which I corrected you on.

I see I have almost 3400 posts on AO now. I think about 2000 of them have been involved in circuitous arguments with eastcoast.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
AHHH MAN!! Am I on TV? Is this a joke? Where's Ashton Kutcher?

"Eastcoast is a joy to have in class. He is quite precocious and makes friends easily. He does need to work on his reading and comprehension skills though." Miss Karbopple

I have said in about 2 or 3 posts now that they do indeed have ties to the Republican party. The Tea Party is a right wing political action group and thus it makes sense that they would try and affect policy change through the Republican party. They are not a wing of the Republican party nor did they join the Republican party which you stated in your original post on this matter which I corrected you on.
I don't even know what we are arguing about anymore
Old 11-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't even know what we are arguing about anymore
Yeah...I kinda gathered that.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Gone Hunting

Well Rugatika, you are indeed a very funny guy. Thanks for E/C progress assessment.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
While I clearly don't have the knowledge of the movement Ruga does, the Tea Party strikes me as the modern-day equivalent of "The Moral Majority". They were never officially part of the Republican Party nor did they even have much of a formal structure, but the vast majority of people who thought of themselves as members were clearly in the Republican camp, and the Republican party took pains to address their needs as much as they could to maintain their support. However, they were NEVER going to institute all of the Moral Majority's ideas and desires, just the same as the Republican Party will never, IMHO, adopt all the Tea Party philosophy. Things change when you actually have to rule. Our Alliance cum Conservatives have found that out.
the way I see the tea party is they were disenfranchised fiscal conservative republicans who wouldn't go against bush eventhough he was spending at a record pace, but the minute he was out of office it was all obama's fault,the bail out,tarp,unemployment everything,bush was innocent and obama was guilty,not knowing that when they formed in 2009 they were protesting bush's budget because it's set from october1-september 30th the following year.

some stuff they say is absolutely true and people like ron paul have been saying it for years,I lose alot of respect for their mission because I feel they are political capatalists,they didn't complain when their guy did it,approved the bailout etc,but the minute their guy is out and a democrat is in then they remember why they are mad,it's hard to take a group like that really seriously.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah...I kinda gathered that.
how bout them yankees?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:36 AM

Looks like ya lost another one eastcoast. hehehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Looks like ya lost another one eastcoast. hehehe
id argue with you but your unarmed.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Occupy DC whimpers out

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/04/us/occupy-dc/index.html

So what is going on with Occupy Calgary. City bylaw was watching them today...and they brought in a pile of 2X4's and 4X8 sheets of plywood. Looks like they are building a more permanent structure. How can we keep putting up with this crap.

I had to laugh out loud today. I was at the coffee shop beside the occupy site. One guy was in getting warm...having a large specialty coffee...finished most but decided time to go. So does he respect the working stiffs? NO he leaves all his garbage on the table. He was sitting right beside the garbage can. Can't these kids see themselves in the mirror. They purport to be fighting the establishment but all I see is disrespect to everyone.

Permanent structure eh... Hmmm. I know of some city land near the Bow. How about a new protest starts in time for the spring fly fishing season. Camping beside the river means fishing first light made easier! $2000 and we have a nice communal cabin!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
So what is going on with Occupy Calgary. City bylaw was watching them today...and they brought in a pile of 2X4's and 4X8 sheets of plywood. Looks like they are building a more permanent structure. How can we keep putting up with this crap.
This just shows how gutless the authorities are. They blatantly ignore obvious bylaw violations, and yet they will have will no reservations forcing homeowners to shovel their sidewalks or face fines.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 PM

Delirious (calling for her dead husband) and near death, Granma is comforted by Ma Joad, who strokes her brow. As the Joads pull away from the Last Chance service station, the two insensitive and cruel uniformed attendants inhumanly despise the migrant Okies as they chew gum and carry on a casual conversation:

Attendant Two: You and me got sense. Them Okies got no sense and no feelings. They ain't human. A human being wouldn't live the way they do. A human being couldn't stand to be so miserable.

Attendant One: Just don't know any better, I guess.

Too many "attendants" here..........
Old 12-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Delirious (calling for her dead husband) and near death, Granma is comforted by Ma Joad, who strokes her brow. As the Joads pull away from the Last Chance service station, the two insensitive and cruel uniformed attendants inhumanly despise the migrant Okies as they chew gum and carry on a casual conversation:

Attendant Two: You and me got sense. Them Okies got no sense and no feelings. They ain't human. A human being wouldn't live the way they do. A human being couldn't stand to be so miserable.

Attendant One: Just don't know any better, I guess.

Too many "attendants" here..........
cryptic....
Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGdE...layer_embedded
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
cryptic....
He said we're a bunch of meanies making fun of migrant farm workers that are escaping to Calif after defaulting on their farm loans in Okla. Not sure what that has to do with the occupiers though....so yeah...cryptic.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bahahaha,

"My butler's butler had to layoff his butler's butler's butler!"
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
He said we're a bunch of meanies making fun of migrant farm workers that are escaping to Calif after defaulting on their farm loans in Okla. Not sure what that has to do with the occupiers though....so yeah...cryptic.
Just trying to provoke some higher thought and raise the bar, gentlemen.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Just trying to provoke some higher thought and raise the bar, gentlemen.
To the people that honestly are having a hard time finding work, they have my deepest sympathies. Looking at the vast majority of the "occupiers" I have to say they are not the type that are looking for work. A serious effort at finding work begins with a haircut, shave, no drugs, and not trying to topple the very companies that hire people. It includes taking responsibility for your student loans that nobody forced you to get. If you got a degree in basket weaving and now owe $80,000 in student loans, and can't find a job...really, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

As long as the occupiers are making ridiculous demands, crapping in public and leaving the places they occupy looking like a toxic waste dump....kinda hard to take anything they say seriously.

What sort of higher thought were you looking for?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:45 AM

The occupations will end when everyone stops talking about them. The fact we have a thread about them gives them significance. Let this thread DIE.