Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Im noticing Africa is pretty darn quiet.........
Not suprising, but I doubt its sunshine and rainbows.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:41 PM

Does Russia have any cases? (Answered: Looks like 28)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:43 PM

^ Supposedly 28.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Banned

I’m responding here to Alberta Syphilis Sufferer as well as Mouthful of Albertan Herpes. I’m an Alberta fisherman and hiker.

With respect to my earlier comment praising the change of the thread title from “Plague from China” to “Covid-19”, it’s clear that when people refer to Covid-19 as the “Chinese Virus” or the “Wuhan Virus” that there is a strong xenophobic component that links the disease to what is perceived as an outsider ethnic group. Fortunately, that language has receded in the last few days here. But that sort of bigotry should not be tolerated, as it was unfortunately on this listserve for some time.

The American Republicans have decided to take that route, sadly, in order to try to divert people’s attention away from their own governing incompetence in the face of this dangerous situation. They have their Mini-Me’s here in Alberta, as we see in this thread. In fact, it appears that primarily older, white, cruise ship patrons have been the people bringing this virus home to Canada, and not strange foreigners.

Hopefully we will get through this pandemic without too much disruption and damage to our society’s well being. Good luck to all of you over the next few months!
Old 03-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Doesn’t seem like many cases. I wonder if under reported or under tested?
Old 03-12-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
I’m responding here to Alberta Syphilis Sufferer as well as Mouthful of Albertan Herpes. I’m an Alberta fisherman and hiker.

With respect to my earlier comment praising the change of the thread title from “Plague from China” to “Covid-19”, it’s clear that when people refer to Covid-19 as the “Chinese Virus” or the “Wuhan Virus” that there is a strong xenophobic component that links the disease to what is perceived as an outsider ethnic group. Fortunately, that language has receded in the last few days here. But that sort of bigotry should not be tolerated, as it was unfortunately on this listserve for some time.

The American Republicans have decided to take that route, sadly, in order to try to divert people’s attention away from their own governing incompetence in the face of this dangerous situation. They have their Mini-Me’s here in Alberta, as we see in this thread. In fact, it appears that primarily older, white, cruise ship patrons have been the people bringing this virus home to Canada, and not strange foreigners.

Hopefully we will get through this pandemic without too much disruption and damage to our society’s well being. Good luck to all of you over the next few months!
Why is a location reference racist? I don’t understand as Spanish Flu isn’t racist.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:49 PM

Isn’t this comment racist by your definition?
older, white, cruise ship patrons have been the people bringing this virus home to Canada, and not strange foreigners.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Old 03-12-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:

You should also not be tolerated.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Still trying to keep some distance from this thread for a bit. But, can't resist. Received a couple more bits of insider info. Wetaskiwin hospital is apparently being set to become the central hub for Alberta cases. I was told there were 12 new confirmed cases there last night, yet to be made public info though. Also, Westjet will be stopping all operations until further notice, should be announced in the next day or two, I was told from someone very much in the know.
This is not usefull information, but speculation.
maybe better call it gossip.
if you can not prove it, then stay away please.
All you do is stir up *****.
Please read post #2985 from sns2.
Not my intention to insult you, but if you have nothing better to do then fearmongering, then work an extra shift or do some volunteering.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2020, 08:58 PM

You have to think that the government is not being truthful, ease the people into the reality of the situation. I’m not a conspiracy kind of guy but the shut downs and market crashes are making me think that something is up.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmitty27 View Post
Not suprising, but I doubt its sunshine and rainbows.

I heard that the virus supposedly does not do well in hot environments. Could be why it is less in most of the southern regions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Im noticing Africa is pretty darn quiet.........
China is Africa's largest trading partner. And with lack of medical facility's I would think that the bodies would be piling up there. But if they are it is mostly unreported

Covid-19 vs Wuhan Virus. China is doing all it can to limit the damage to their image due to it coming out of China and how they handled it. It's nothing but CCP propaganda aided by the WHO. They should call it the Wuhan Virus, or maybe the CCP Virus. They tried to hide it from the world and we are seeing the results now. Thanks Xi you pos.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

Where did the virus originate?
Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 PM

BC plans 2 week isolation with people coming home from the USA
https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/vancou...Zi9lEvb0fYv6JM

Last edited by Scott h; 03-12-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:

You must be a professional fisherperson,,, No???
Old 03-12-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:

I warned that guys stirring the pot would be gone.

5 posts and judging large numbers of members.

Not gonna fly here.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:13 PM

But i keep hitting the button And it is not working
Old 03-12-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
This is not usefull information, but speculation.
maybe better call it gossip.
if you can not prove it, then stay away please.
All you do is stir up *****.
Please read post #2985 from sns2.
Not my intention to insult you, but if you have nothing better to do then fearmongering, then work an extra shift or do some volunteering.
Thanks
Uggh. It is not fearmongering nor speculation. I consider it very reliable information from personal contacts in their respected fields. One is a Westjet pilot, one is a nurse at the Wetaskiwin hospital who worked the night shift last night. Go to bed. Something about your posts rings a bell, as far as the way they come across. You seem familiar.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
But i keep hitting the button And it is not working
Bahahaha!
Old 03-12-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Ok with us calling it the Kung Flu?

As Kurt asks, WHERE did it originate? WHY did it originate there? Why do pretty much ALL major flus and viruses originate there? If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, guess what bud?
Old 03-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Banned

Covid -19 is a nothing burger...

Influenza kills more ppl per yr than the corona...
Old 03-12-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingburger View Post
Covid -19 is a nothing burger...

Influenza kills more ppl per yr than the corona...
Covid19 is just getting started. Give it time. In the mean time take precautions and don’t put others at risk just because you don’t believe it.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Covid19 is just getting started. Give it time. In the mean time take precautions and don’t put others at risk just because you don’t believe it.
And consider joining again with the Moniker- Shortvisit
Old 03-12-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Went into Superstore this afternoon to get the weekly grocery trip out of the way before the weekend madness.....

I wasn't the only person with that idea - lineup to pay stretched to the very back and wrapped half way around the store, it was pandemonium haha. Looked like everyone was getting their "2 weeks of quarantine" supply.

'Glad I chipped away at that little stockpile the past few weeks, should be good to go other than my wife and I probably using socks to wipe our rectums

I can only imagine the next few days will only get worse, so if you need even the usual groceries I'd recommend going asap
Try amazon and the also sell bidets 50 bucks ,10 min install
Old 03-12-2020, 09:37 PM

Covid19 will ne rampant around areas with safe injection sites and shelters.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
Covid19 will ne rampant around areas with safe injection sites and shelters.
And day cares .......
Old 03-12-2020, 09:52 PM

i cant imagine what would happen if it got into the senior homes. it would be bad
Old 03-12-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
i cant imagine what would happen if it got into the senior homes. it would be bad
It has in BC and accounted for the only COVID19 death in Canada I know of at least