Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntnut View Post
Don't fall off of that horse
Instead of repeating the "high horse" thing, try adding constructive information to the thread.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Don't fall off of that horse
Good answer....... Lol

If you just want to insult me with no basis to your argument other than hurt feelings, do us both a favor and move on.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Instead of repeating the "high horse" thing, try adding constructive information to the thread.
You beat me to it.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Good answer....... Lol

If you just want to insult me with no basis to your argument other than hurt feelings, do us both a favor and move on.
You and burger boy really seem hung up on the no training thing. SO WHAT??? I've got 2 trade certificates but I've also worked at jobs were very little education was required but required alot of manual labor. I was paid very well so why is being a postie any differant?

You were the one doing the insulting-just got mad when I called you on it.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
You and burger boy really seem hung up on the no training thing. SO WHAT??? I've got 2 trade certificates but I've also worked at jobs were very little education was required but required alot of manual labor. I was paid very well so why is being a postie any differant?
So, no special skills required? I guess I wasn't just blindly insulting people, I was in fact just stating the facts. Is delivering flyers much more labor intensive that different shaped pieces of paper?

For decades children have been delivering papers and flyers, I would not even consider it a labor intensive job, especially seeing how as a 12yr old I was doing it.

Just because you wish delivering mail was worth $60k a year, you have to look at it realistically for what it's worth. At some point reality has to kick in.

PS, I never got mad because you couldn't tell the difference between insulting people and just telling it how it is, I just asked you to explain yourself..... And you couldn't, you just continued to insult.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
So, no special skills required? I guess I wasn't just blindly insulting people, I was in fact just stating the facts. Is delivering flyers much more labor intensive that different shaped pieces of paper?

For decades children have been delivering papers and flyers, I would not even consider it a labor intensive job, especially seeing how as a 12yr old I was doing it.

Just because you wish delivering mail was worth $60k a year, you have to look at it realistically for what it's worth. At some point reality has to kick in.
I never wished for anything-your just assuming. And until you've done it for any length of time and I'm not talking about being a paper boy where you rode your bike or had your mommy drive you around you really have no idea what it's worth do you.

If all you think is that they just walk around delivering a few letters you're sadly mistaken.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
I never wished for anything-your just assuming. And until you've done it for any length of time and I'm not talking about being a paper boy where you rode your bike or had your mommy drive you around you really have no idea what it's worth do you.

If all you think is that they just walk around delivering a few letters you're sadly mistaken.
I understand there is more to it than just walking around delivering a few letters, otherwise it would be a $0.25 per house job. Please tell me what special skills are involved over and above what it takes to deliver papers? Answer the question, what makes it require so much more skills than delivering papers because I fail to see it.

If you can't answer the question it proves my point that you just have hurt feelings.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
High horse?

I sit on a high horse because I speak the truth???

Oh I'm sorry you're right, delivering mail takes special skills. There is no special training involved, no post secondary education involved, but it's a job that requires highly skilled workers.

Tell me, what skill is required to deliver mail that a 14yr old doesn't posses? If you can answer this question then I guess I'm making things up to insult people, but if you can't find any special skill requirement than all we have here is hurt feelings from hearing the truth.

I look forward to your response.
Less than 20% of applicants pass the testING to do the job according to my supervisor buddies who does hiring in alberta.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdelle View Post
Less than 20% of applicants pass the testING to do the job according to my supervisor buddies who does hiring in alberta.
What part do they fail?

Or did your buddies say they hire less than 20% of applicants?

Big difference.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
What part do they fail?
the walking part. most forget to tie their shoes
Old 07-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I understand there is more to it than just walking around delivering a few letters, otherwise it would be a $0.25 per house job. Please tell me what special skills are involved over and above what it takes to deliver papers? Answer the question, what makes it require so much more skills than delivering papers because I fail to see it.

If you can't answer the question it proves my point that you just have hurt feelings.
And how do you know it doesn't take special skills? You've ever been a postie?
Old 07-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
the walking part. most forget to tie their shoes
Wow that's intelligent but coming from you it should be no surprise.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
And how do you know it doesn't take special skills? You've ever been a postie?
By all means, fill me in!!!! Tell me the special skills involved, maybe there is more to it than it appears, but I doubt it.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wow that's intelligent but coming from you it should be no surprise.
a lack of a sense of humour coming from you it should be no surprise.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
Any news on the possible strike??

According to the media it will be a lockout.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:

PS, I never got mad because you couldn't tell the difference between insulting people and just telling it how it is, I just asked you to explain yourself..... And you couldn't, you just continued to insult.
Then why I'd it that every competitor to canada post pay more for the same job???? Oh yeah it'd not the same job... Canada post workers do much more and not just deliver parcels..

This past xmas my letter carrier delivered a parcEl to us at 1015 pm. He started at 645 and said he was not close to done. ... I asked him why he was working so late and if everyone was. He said it was optional by choice. He did not want others to go without. He said he had walked over 18 km that day on top of the 230 parcels he had to deliver. I gave him 20 bux and thanked him and wished him a merry Xmas. Lazy greedy employee who only cared about himself
Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
By all means, fill me in!!!! Tell me the special skills involved, maybe there is more to it than it appears, but I doubt it.
So don't know?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
a lack of a sense of humour coming from you it should be no surprise.
LOL.....there better
Old 07-06-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What part do they fail?

Or did your buddies say they hire less than 20% of applicants?

Big difference.
Same gat tests and everything else the public service has to complete. As well there are many more tests. Sorty I don't have specifics. . . With what's going on he couldn't talk for long on his break.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Banned

Ok, so delivering the mail is worth $60k a year. Now what would cooking burgers at McDonalds be worth? $85k a year? I mean with the hazardous working conditions involved, deep fryer grease, flame grill, slippery floors!!! Then there is learning the menu, learning how to use the specialized kitchen equipment, not to mention learning the cook times, making sure everything is cooked long enough not to poison the consumers. What's that worth?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Ok, so delivering the mail is worth $60k a year. Now what would cooking burgers at McDonalds be worth? $85k a year? I mean with the hazardous working conditions involved, deep fryer grease, flame grill, slippery floors!!! Then there is learning the menu, learning how to use the specialized kitchen equipment, not to mention learning the cook times, making sure everything is cooked long enough not to poison the consumers. What's that worth?
I never said any job was worth any amount-YOU DID. I'd just like to know what qualifications you have to determine what job is worth how much?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdelle View Post
Then why I'd it that every competitor to canada post pay more for the same job???? Oh yeah it'd not the same job... Canada post workers do much more and not just deliver parcels..

This past xmas my letter carrier delivered a parcEl to us at 1015 pm. He started at 645 and said he was not close to done. ... I asked him why he was working so late and if everyone was. He said it was optional by choice. He did not want others to go without. He said he had walked over 18 km that day on top of the 230 parcels he had to deliver. I gave him 20 bux and thanked him and wished him a merry Xmas. Lazy greedy employee who only cared about himself
Again, putting words into my mouth to try and enforce your point of view. I didn't call anyone lazy or greedy, I said delivering mail is worth no more than $45-$48k a year, and I can understand why CP would give their final offer as a FINAL OFFER from a management point of view.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I said delivering mail is worth no more than $45-$48k a year,
And what qualification do you have to determine this?? I'm assuming a post graduate masters in something??
Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
And what qualification do you have to determine this?? I'm assuming a post graduate masters in something??
He asked you a very simple question to enlighten him on the job conditions, you choose to deflect it and answer a question with more silly questions..so here yah go...what has made you surmise that the position is worth more than 45-48k per year?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
I never said any job was worth any amount-YOU DID. I'd just like to know what qualifications you have to determine what job is worth how much?
Stop dancing around my question and answer it. You have no problems slinging insults and accusations, back it up with some facts.

What makes you the authority on what jobs are worth what wages anymore than me? I would like to know your qualifications? I've ran my own business for a decade, with up to 14 employees so I think I have a bit of an idea as to what tasks are worth. I'm not claiming to know what the mail delivery skill set is, I'm basing my numbers on what I see in my line of work. You're the one who seems to think there are special skills involved in delivery the mail, yet when I ask what these skills are, time after time you fail to answer the question, only come up with "oh ya? Well well well, but but but...."
Old 07-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
He asked you a very simple question to enlighten him on the job conditions, you choose to deflect it and answer a question with more silly questions..so here yah go...what has made you surmise that the position is worth more than 45-48k per year?
And I asked him a very simple question and chooses to deflect it. And show me where I said it was worth more than 45-48k?? So yah-there you go.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Stop dancing around my question and answer it. You have no problems slinging insults and accusations, back it up with some facts.

What makes you the authority on what jobs are worth what wages anymore than me? I would like to know your qualifications? I've ran my own business for a decade, with up to 14 employees so I think I have a bit of an idea as to what tasks are worth. I'm not claiming to know what the mail delivery skill set is, I'm basing my numbers on what I see in my line of work. You're the one who seems to think there are special skills involved in delivery the mail, yet when I ask what these skills are, time after time you fail to answer the question, only come up with "oh ya? Well well well, but but but...."
Again-never said I was an authority on it wages-you're assuming again. And you just answered my question there by saying you don't know what a postie is worth because you don't know what skills they need.

And gee if calling you sitting on a high horse hurt your feeling then please accept my deepest apology. And if you could point out any other insults I said please feel free to do so.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
And I asked him a very simple question and chooses to deflect it. And show me where I said it was worth more than 45-48k?? So yah-there you go.
That's about what I expected...have a nice day
Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
That's about what I expected...have a nice day
Hmmmm... couldn't answer my question huh?? About what I expected
Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM

And on that note I'm done here.