Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Are you sure you meant unfortunately? Cause it sure sounds like you're flipping them the bird with a grin.

I have to agree with Tork on this, pure selfishness. I'm in no way affiliated with outfitting either.
The average Albertan will never hunt out of the province. It's called common sense and protecting your interest.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
To make hunting fair to the resident hunters of Alberta, some will have to lose. Unfortunately, in this case it would be the outfitters/non-res hunters.
Your empathy towards the Alberta families whose livelihoods you would summarily destroy is truly heart warming......
Old 01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Your empathy towards the Alberta families whose livelihoods you would summarily destroy is truly heart warming......
Thank you. And nice 5th post.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Thank you. And nice 5th post.
One has to start somewhere, correct? Only 21,500 to go and I'll be right up there with some of the true luminary's on this Forum....
Old 01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
And outfitters don't pay taxes or live here ?

Get it !

Edit... Please see above post regarding future comments, you fit right in

Get it !
They do but they also get exclusive privlage to exploit our wildlife for profit at the expense of the tax paying public.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
One has to start somewhere, correct? Only 21,500 to go and I'll be right up there with some of the true luminary's on this Forum....
I'll never get there. I only post on the subjects that my warm heart has an interest in.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Right. So every other province shares some of their draw tags but us ?

Seems like a great idea !!!

Pure greed driven logic.

I've made the points I wanted to, I'm done.

The system will never change enough to make you guys happy anyway, and that makes me happy
The system is going to change for the better of the tax paying public under the new NDP government.
That you can take to the bank.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So how did you feel when the resident pronghorn tags were cut by over 90%, and yet the outfitter allocations were not cut at all, when the population dropped substancially? The outfitters had more tags than residents in some wmus. That wasn't about game management, it was about money. ESRD issued a token amount of tags, rather than just close the season for a year or two, so the outfitters wouldn't lose any money.
Nice example elk, yes I believe srd screwed up there and outfitter tags should have been reduced accordingly. Even you have to admit that is on the extreme end of what is being argued here though.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'll never get there. I only post on the subjects that my warm heart has an interest in.
He has 5 post since 2010. I figure he usually posts under another name and when he wants to throw insults or post questionable comment he logs in under "thetruth". Probably uses a work computer so admin doesn't see the same IP address. This way he doesn't get his usual user name suspended and if "thetruth" user name gets suspended then he just starts a new one.

Just a theory....
Old 01-05-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
The system is going to change for the better of the tax paying public under the new NDP government.
That you can take to the bank.
307 posts on a thread before ndp mentioned. Must be a record.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:05 PM

Those mericans drop a lot of cash in Alberta besides with the outfitters.... Not a bad concept in today's economy....
Old 01-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
HW, can you please answer this? thx

What would happen to these outfitters in these zones with draws whose livelyhood depends on those allocations that they may have worked years and years to acquire or pay off. what is your opinion on what this group of people with families and lifetimes of investment of time and money etc...Who bought property and built homes and raised their children there because their allocations were in these zones? What is your solution if your method was introduced in the draw zones in Alberta?
Do you think they should be compensated? or how should that work?

I am playing devils advocate here. I hate waiting 12 years for my antelope draw as well. But I am thinking about the families that have outfitted in these zones, and there are tons of them( zones that require draw and families that live off the income of these permits) for years and rely on this income.

Again, not saying I agree at all with how the draw system works in Ab, because it really is a joke, but you seem to have one of the strongest voices here regarding this subject and you seem to have done your research and have remained extremely calm. hence the reason I have directed this toward you so we can look at things from a different angle maybe.. the ripple effect from these methods could and would have devastating effects on many people who call outfitting wha they do for a living.

Does this concern you or no?
No different then any other person that goes into business.
No bussness and your out of bussness.
If you lose your allocations find another job.
It's really that simple.
It's not the governments job to guarantee anybody a job or a bussness.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Those mericans drop a lot of cash in Alberta besides with the outfitters.... Not a bad concept in today's economy....
Could you be kind enough to back that up with facts and stats
The Americans I know only make one stop on the way to hunting camp and that's the liquor store.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will guarantee I drop a lot more cash into Alberta's economy than those "mericans".
Old 01-05-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I will guarantee I drop a lot more cash into Alberta's economy than those "mericans".
Not in a week you don't.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
No different then any other person that goes into business.
No bussness and your out of bussness.
If you lose your allocations find another job.
It's really that simple.
It's not the governments job to guarantee anybody a job or a bussness.
Try the spellcheck feature, you will appear smarter when you make selfish ridiculous comments like this. ( Business )

When allocations went to specific WMUs, the outfitters purchased their allocations from the Gov't. SO the Gov't is a huge stakeholder in this. And tourism is Alberta's 2nd largest cash cow behind oil and gas.

absolutely sick comments. I can't believe how shallow some people are on here. many of these people are hardworking business owners who have families and land, lodges they have built etc..

and you could give a rats a&& about them.

sick..
Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Could you be kind enough to back that up with facts and stats
The Americans I know only make one stop on the way to hunting camp and that's the liquor store.
If you have all the nonresidential coming to Alberta and leaving 10-15 grand less in their pockets, how can that be a bad thing? That money is being put back into Alberta. Any way you look at it. Do outfitters not pay taxes? Buy quads locally? Upgrade bathrooms in there home resulting in business for plumbers? Etc etc..
Old 01-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
nope.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
That non resi9dent hunter is only here for a week or ten days, while most of Alberta residents live here year round, contributing to the Alberta economy all year.
So compare what a non resident hunter spends in Alberta with what an Alberta resident spends in Alberta per year. What you do think the comparison will look like?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
That non resi9dent hunter is only here for a week or ten days, while most of Alberta residents live here year round, contributing to the Alberta economy all year.
So compare what a non resident hunter spends in Alberta with what an Alberta resident spends in Alberta per year. What you do think the comparison will look like?
you ever been to Mexico?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Not what I'm saying...I'm saying Alberta as a whole thrives more on an American here for a week than Joe smith Alberta getting his mulie buck....
Old 01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not in a week you don't.
In 52 weeks I surely do.

Quote:
nope.
Really???
Old 01-05-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
you ever been to Mexico?
Haven't been, but exactly what has that got to do with what non resident hunters spend in Alberta, compared to what Alberta residents spend in Alberta?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Try the spellcheck feature, you will appear smarter when you make selfish ridiculous comments like this. ( Business )

When allocations went to specific WMUs, the outfitters purchased their allocations from the Gov't. SO the Gov't is a huge stakeholder in this. And tourism is Alberta's 2nd largest cash cow behind oil and gas.

absolutely sick comments. I can't believe how shallow some people are on here. many of these people are hardworking business owners who have families and land, lodges they have built etc..

and you could give a rats a&& about them.

sick..
They purchased them for peanuts and they've been making a ton of money selling then over the years
If the reality of life is sicking so be it.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Haven't been, but exactly what has that got to do with what non resident hunters spend in Alberta, compared to what Alberta residents spend in Alberta?
nothing, its just really cold and I was thinking of taking my family. you seem like a smart guy. Was gonna ask you where to go.

nevermind------
Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
They purchased them for peanuts and they've been making a ton of money selling then over the years
If the reality of life is sicking so be it.
because of your ignorance, your comments are no longer valid. I do thank you for your participation and lack of any compassion for your fellow Albertans.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not what I'm saying...I'm saying Alberta as a whole thrives more on an American here for a week than Joe smith Alberta getting his mulie buck....
We should maybe give 75% of the tags to non-res. Just imaging what a thriving province we would have.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
We should maybe give 75% of the tags to non-res. Just imaging what a thriving province we would have.
Is that not true what you quoted me above..^
Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is that not true what you quoted me above..^
No. One non-res mule deer hunt does nothing to make Alberta's economy "thrive more". Unless you think .000000001 % of the economy is thriving.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
No. One non-res mule deer hunt does nothing to make Alberta's economy "thrive more". Unless you think .000000001 % of the economy is thriving.
So we should have a lot more than one nonresident hunter?