Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-06-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyYork View Post
Hi, Looking for someone to go hunting with in the Calgary area. I moved here from the east coast last year and want to get some hunting in this fall.
I'm 26 and have been hunting moose, deer, grouse, duck/geese and have been in the sport since I can remember. I can clean a moose too (I know allot of people don't like to do this lol). I am more of a meat hunter so I stick to game that I will eat, so I stay away from bear.
Problem is, I just moved to Alberta and I'm not familiar with the area. Id love to meet some people in who would like some company. I'm an easy going guy, and don't mind the work (some people don't realize how much work it is dragging a 1000lb moose out of the bush!)
Anyway if your interested send me an email/message maybe we can chat or have beers or something.
you can also try this number (403)472-1947
Old 08-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Default New First time hunter

Hello everybody,
I Have never been out hunting before and i just need to find somebody willing to take me out and show me the ropes and some basic skills. I live in Calgary I would be so overly thankful if someone would be willing to help me learn
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM

Default New to Alberta

Hey there, we are new to Alberta, and living in Edmonton. We were avid hunters back in BC, close to the Okanagan, and we would love to meet another couple to take us out and show us some spots. And just have a good time with!
We have a 2 year old black lab who is close to fully retrieving birds and rabbits for us, and we love to kick back and have a few drinks around the fire while we're out in the bush. We're country fans, but also rock out to classic rock.

We're hoping to do some whitetail and elk maybe even moose hunting this year, we just need some tips and insider info how the widelife are in this area. And where to find em!

North of Edmonton? West towards jasper before the national park?

I hope we get some bites on this, I kinda feel like I'm making an ad for plenty of fish haha.

Thanks
-Ashleigh and Rick
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Late Season Bull Moose WMU 518 Partner Wanted

I have a bull moose tag for 518 for the late season (November) but I really need a partner to help me out as taking a moose by yourself is not fun. I live and own a house in Fort McMurray. If anybody is interested in such a hunt, please let me know. I have hunted moose before in Alberta and Newfoundland. I have an ATV. I have shot and killed deer many times. I know the work involved in that, so that is why I need a moose buddy. Contact me here or send me a text at 780-880-7475.

Last edited by KevGuy; 08-24-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 PM

I am looking for some guys that are going on a general season archery elk hunt during the rut in early September. I am retired and very flexible on time. I have been archery hunting for 35 years and have had considerable experience in bow hunting elk. I am self contained with a 4by4 truck, a cargo trailer set up for sleeping, a quad and every thing needed to look after myself for a extended hunting trip in the bush. If there is anybody that is going and would not mind someone extra in camp, I would appreciate you PMing me. If you don't have an elk hunting destination, I can provide some suggestions.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 AM

Default Edson and area

30 year old male looking for a hunting partner, Basically i am looking for someone to take me under their wing and show me the ways of BOW hunting. I used to rifle hunt when i was 16-20 but as life gets in the way have lost touch with any skills i had learnt at that time. Im fully ready to go and have all my own gear and will buy whatever you say i need more for you to teach me. I work in the patch out here as many do and dont exactly have the most time in the world but i will try and be as flexible as possible, hunt early mornings and evenings. Would greatly appreciate anything anyone is willing to show me.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM

Default do you have a moose tag for 214??

my buddy who lives in 214 was staring at 2 moose out his kitchen window a couple nights ago. I would like someone who is experienced and ethical to share in the experience of harvesting a moose. early season for bow or late season with gun, it really doesn't matter.

please send me a pm if you are interested in this awesome opportunity.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Looking for a hunting partner in or around the morinville area

Hey guys for the last few years I've been hunting black bear and wolf along with the occasional yote up in the fort mcmurray area. I have moved my family to morinville and hoping to find some hunting/shooting enthusiasts in the area willing to take out a partner, I have all my own gear an maybe enough for you too have a reliable truck quad etc willing to travel within reason for a good hunting spot, if anyone looking for a partner to share the load let me know
Cheers!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Coyote hunting.. Looking to get into this year, I have quad, trailer, truck, rifle.. Geared up.. Missing the skill.. Looking to learn.. Anyone out in the Calahoo, Edmonton area looking for partners..
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldone View Post
Coyote hunting.. Looking to get into this year, I have quad, trailer, truck, rifle.. Geared up.. Missing the skill.. Looking to learn.. Anyone out in the Calahoo, Edmonton area looking for partners..
do you have any land permission for hunt on ,i would like to go with you,just easier with land permission,i hunt wolf,coyote too but aint having much land permission
Old 08-30-2013, 11:49 PM

Default New to Lethbridge

Hello all fellow Outdoorsmen,
I recently moved to Lethbridge for college and am not familiar with the area what so ever. I have lived in Fort McMurray my whole life but do most of my hunting in the Lac La Biche area for moose, Whiteys, and goose. Unfortunately I couldnt bring my rifles or shotguns close enough to me, however my .270 is only a 2.5 hour drive away and I have my bow with me. If anyone is looking for a hunting partner I would be more than happy to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:19 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner in Calgary area

In my early 30's and relatively new to hunting (1st season was last year for whitetails). Looking to try duck hunting this year. I'm looking for someone with experience and who is willing to offer a little training. I have some calls and decoys and I am willing to help out with blind building, etc. in order to get some education.

Message me if you're interested.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM

Default Opportunity for 1 or 2 guys..

Are you new to hunting? or finding it tough on your own.. do you want to join us for bow/rifle hunts?

We are looking for 1-2 guys from the Edmonton area, physically fit, who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join my dad and I (I'm mid 30's). We would like to have someone join us that has more dedication other then a weekend here or there, that's not hunting, that's just coming out to shoot. It would be great if you could assist us in spending time scouting, getting permissions and actual hunting. We hunt locally every day during the regular rifle season, and go elsewhere camping for elk/moose for 2-3 weeks.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, good hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn sheep, goats, and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus
on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.
we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!

some of the spoils of last season... this is just my take, my dad got his game too, but not pictured. I also got my moose, but he's not worth posting unless you admire 6inch paddles.
Attachment 77994Attachment 77995

here are photos of a new guy we brought on in 2011, he hunted with us for the season and this is what he got rewarded with... he has never shot a gun until that fall, and has never hunted in his life prior. zero experience.
Attachment 77997Attachment 77998

Last edited by threeforthree; 10-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Are you new to hunting? or finding it tough on your own.. do you want to join us for bow/rifle hunts?

We are looking for 1-2 guys from the Edmonton area, physically fit, who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join my dad and I (I'm mid 30's). We would like to have someone join us that has more dedication other then a weekend here or there, that's not hunting, that's just coming out to shoot. It would be great if you could assist us in spending time scouting, getting permissions and actual hunting. We hunt locally every day during the regular rifle season, and go elsewhere camping for elk/moose for 2-3 weeks.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, good hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn sheep, goats, and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus
on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.
we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!

some of the spoils of last season... this is just my take, my dad got his game too, but not pictured. I also got my moose, but he's not worth posting unless you admire 6inch paddles.
Attachment 77994Attachment 77995

here are photos of a new guy we brought on in 2011, he hunted with us for the season and this is what he got rewarded with... he has never shot a gun until that fall, and has never hunted in his life prior. zero experience.
Attachment 77997Attachment 77998
Oh yea, and we have a fully winterized sled trailer to camp in, its got real beds, furnace, and even a kitchenette. So we are very mobile, and dont waste time setting up, maximizing hunting time! No charge for buddies!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Hi Guys,

Just want to try to look for some luck for permission for land access if by chance somebody who is land owner or lease a land in 314 area, I got a draw for moose this year in 314. I am very new to Calgary and I just moved to Calgary last year.
I am just over 40s and I am a responsible and safe hunter. I want to have a rifle hunting this year in this area.
I don't want to inconvenience anyone and would be very appreciative of any time that I would be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for this area.

Feel free to send me a message.

Thank you for your kindness and Thanks for your time.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMAYOR View Post
Hi Guys,

Just want to try to look for some luck for permission for land access if by chance somebody who is land owner or lease a land in 314 area, I got a draw for moose this year in 314. I am very new to Calgary and I just moved to Calgary last year.
I am just over 40s and I am a responsible and safe hunter. I want to have a rifle hunting this year in this area.
I don't want to inconvenience anyone and would be very appreciative of any time that I would be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for this area.

It seems that you may have found gold.....Give me a call anytime during the day.
(403)472-1947
Massimo
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM

I never struck myself as naive, but are drugs and hunting drunk a big problem with guys hunting nowadays?

Geeze, I never touch any drugs... ever... and would never even consider bringing booze with me hunting.

I should clarify from my earlier post. Don't bother messaging me if you're into hunting drunk, doing drugs or breaking any rules. I thought that would speak for itself.

Any of you "clean" hunters want to go out and get some flyers, message away! Safe clean fun to be had!!

No, I'm NOT "trying out for Duck Dynasty"...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Birdding

Actually two guys from this board showed up drinking a beer
For our first hunt ....needless to say there wasn't a second ...

Are you available during the week ,are you in south calgary
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM

That's crazy... show up drinking a beer for my hunt??!!! Oh boy!

I can, on occasion, make myself available on weekdays with some creative planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Actually two guys from this board showed up drinking a beer
For our first hunt ....needless to say there wasn't a second ...

Are you available during the week ,are you in south calgary

No, I'm NOT "trying out for Duck Dynasty"...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I never struck myself as naive, but are drugs and hunting drunk a big problem with guys hunting nowadays?
its hard to believe but its trye one of the guys i met through one of my hunting partners was drunk and ready to go for the evening hunt. IMO i want to be out and set up before first light and not have to prod anyones butt outta bed
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM

Smile

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I am still looking for to be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for 314 area for rifle hunting.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM

Smile

Quote:
Hi Guys,

up
Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Default Looking fo BEAR!

Hi guys and gals*

I gave been hunting a fair bit, in the last 5 years. I try to get out at least every other weekend. And have had some pretty good success at it. I gave bagged a few deer and some yotes here and there, but I have been very very interested in trying to bag myself a pretty good size bear. I have boughten a bear tag every year hoping that maybe I'll be lucky enough to come across one. But no luck year after year. So I'm just wondering if one of you fine people would be able to show me the ropes and teach me how truly hunt bear and help me bag one this season. I'm a very responsible hunter, I'm 22 not much of a alcohol drinker, I don't touch drugs what so ever and nor will I. I do have all my gear including rifles, a*ruck sack, I have a truck but the only thing I don't have is a quad. But other then that I have everything I am more then willing to pay for gas and other supplies if we do end up using your things. All I'd like to do, is find a person to show me the ropes of hunting bear and hopefully help me harvest a BIG one! Feel free to either PM or email me at M_webber999@hotmail.com

Cheers
Mike.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Default Lab's looking for action

Hi

I am new to Canada, Calgary since January this year and brought with me two lab's from Denmark.
We have done a little waterfowl hunting in Denmark but is eager to learn how it is done here in Alberta, and was thinking that the best way would be helping out as retrievers.
So if anybody needs help with dog work we are ready.

Morten
Old 09-16-2013, 03:44 PM

The beautiful thing about Alberta is we are privileged enough to be allowed to bait for bear. Your best bet is spring bear hunting, having said that there are a lot of tricks to running a successful bait site.

If its something you're interested in shoot me a message and I can give you some good pointers and point you in the right direction.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Default newfie116

[QUOTE=NEWMAYOR;2104838]Hi Guys,
my son and i hunt 314 every year for deer ,no luck for a mooose draw yet,,,we see moose every trip we make ,,,we only do day trips,,,you need a quad,,,if want to tag along for a day call me ,,,403 397 4955,,,my name is wade
Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM

Looking for help nov 6-12 zone 338 bull moose some land permission already but partner bailed on me. Don't want to try and haul out and dress a moose solo. If interested pm me. Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM

Default November Bull hunt

Where are you thinking to go? I've vacation to take in November.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Looking for a hunting partner Sept 27th weekend

Hello all,

I'm new to Calgary from NS and itching to get get back into duck hunting. I just picked up a 12 gauge, dozen decoys, licences, etc. and want to get out for my first Albertan hunt next weekend on Sat Sept 28 and/or that Sunday if Sunday hunting is allowed in the area.

I'm an easy-going young guy and would be more than happy to help haul and set up gear if it can earn a spot in a blind with a trustworthy hunting partner.

Feel free to pm or reach me at louis.westergard@gmail.com so we can set something up.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Emailed you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by george 1979 View Post
Looking for help nov 6-12 zone 338 bull moose some land permission already but partner bailed on me. Don't want to try and haul out and dress a moose solo. If interested pm me. Thanks
Pm'd you.