Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You betcha wez gotta bet there!!!

Go Oil!
Deal. And if I get suspended or banned because of comments on another thread....I'm still good for it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-28-2020, 08:49 PM

You stay around bud!

We need ya!

Wuz that first shot on Talbot...??
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-28-2020, 08:50 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Good start flamers.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-28-2020, 08:56 PM

Boooyah!!!

2-0!!!!

Go mighty Oil!!
Old 07-28-2020, 08:58 PM

Kass crusher !!!!!!
Old 07-28-2020, 09:30 PM

I missed the whole thing.

When your 85 year old aunt (god-mother) calls 20 seconds before puck drop and talks through the entire first period, and you do the right thing and engage in the conversation....that's got to get me at least a 5 year break from whatever hell I have coming in the afterlife.

*sigh*.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-29-2020, 09:29 AM

What were the impressions of the broadcast?? Seemed OK, I can handle that for the cup run.
As far as the game goes, I didn't see the third as ended to late for me and a work night. Will save the late nights for meaningful games.
Looked like our problem sits with us not being able to score goals, as well as not being able to stop them. That could be a problem, in the middle it looked like we did ok.
Best of 5 the boys better step it up faster than this, or it will be a quick exit. Again.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:39 PM

Other than about 15 minutes in the 2nd period, Lucic/Dube line was the best for the flames. The big thing I noticed was the reaction after the fluky 3rd goal. There is a reason the camera went directly to Gaudreau knowing he would have a disgusted look on his face. Almost a Taylor Hall 2.0 type reaction
Old 07-29-2020, 10:17 PM

Watching the Jets vs Canucks game. I think the Jets vs Flames is going to be a hell of a series.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:27 PM

I think the Jets are looking pretty good, and have good goaltending. I expect Flames get doused but good. As a Flames fan of the long suffering variety (is there any other kind?), I'd like to be wrong and see them put up a good series. But if Johnny and Monahan don't start doing something, it won't go well. Lindholm looked good I thought all year. Dube and Mangiapanne are great hustlers. Bennett looked like he was trying yesterday. But overall....meh. They were very bubble to even make playoffs imo. Tkachuk could step up and light a fire under the team I suppose, I've seen him do it. Just not since December or so.

And they really need some goal tending magic, but from who?

Old 08-01-2020, 08:53 PM

Game on!!!! Pumped to see a meaningful game for a change. So far so good. To bad that puck was rolling on Looch.. Good pace.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:05 PM

Tkachuk showed up, doing what he is good at. Too bad about Scheiffle getting hurt, but I don't think Tkachuk even touched him. Good thing he and Wheeler sorted it right out, no distractions for later.

Flames PK looking good, but they need to stay out of the box.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Tkachuk showed up, doing what he is good at. Too bad about Scheiffle getting hurt, but I don't think Tkachuk even touched him. Good thing he and Wheeler sorted it right out, no distractions for later.

Agreed, it did look like Tkachuck skate may have come up when they were closing in on the boards, so could be achilles, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think was anything intentional.
Hellebuyck looking solid as expected. We lack goal scoring so could be a tough one here ugh.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:46 PM

Going to need secondary scoring, because Johnny and Monahan are doing squat.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:52 PM

I take it back. That was a nice goal by Johnny, to recover the puck the way he did and put it up high.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I take it back. That was a nice goal by Johnny, to recover the puck the way he did and put it up high.
Was a good effort, at least they are noticeable tonight. Team is playing well over all I think.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:04 PM

A shortie by Reider for the go ahead goal!? Who woulda thunk it!

Old 08-01-2020, 10:08 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
A shortie by Reider for the go ahead goal!? Who woulda thunk it!
Secondary scoring.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 PM

Stupid penalty by Eakin, they are targeting Tkachuk but that wasn't too subtle. He is under their skin.

Nice pp, very close one, and then a beauty pass to Baks. Very Nice!

Love this gritty physical game Flames are playing, heavy hit by Bennett there too.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:16 PM

Well Tkachuck is all up in their heads looks like., Nice hit Bennett, he has been trying to kill someone all night. He played well against Oilers as well I thought. I dike him when he is on. Just to bad not consistent.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Stupid penalty by Eakin, they are targeting Tkachuk but that wasn't too subtle. He is under their skin.

Nice pp, very close one, and then a beauty pass to Baks. Very Nice!

Love this gritty physical game Flames are playing, heavy hit by Bennett there too.
Calgary looks good to me. They are playing like they want to win. Well prepared unlike Edmonton unfortunately
Old 08-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Calgary looks good to me. They are playing like they want to win. Well prepared unlike Edmonton unfortunately
It's weird, exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. And I agree, Flames are looking better than I have seen them in a while.

But I would still like to see Monahan show up.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:56 PM

Looks like Flames trying to coast to the win, Like that's a good plan. 60 minutes boys, the game is 60 minutes. Not that big of a lead.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Looks like Flames trying to coast to the win, Like that's a good plan. 60 minutes boys, the game is 60 minutes. Not that big of a lead.
I don't really see them coasting, still playing a good physical game. Their PK has been brilliant...and it has needed to be. Probably good Scheifele isn't on the point.....

Old 08-01-2020, 11:03 PM

Awesome! Glad Eat Bread got one, that kid has got great hustle and deserved it! Beauty.

That should seal the deal. I guess I can risk it....

Whhhhoooooooooppppp!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2020, 11:06 PM

Love the scrum at the end with Lucic and Lowry, Bennett in there too. Sets the tone for game 2. Good win.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I don't really see them coasting, still playing a good physical game. Their PK has been brilliant...and it has needed to be. Probably good Scheifele isn't on the point.....
Yeah was starting to look like protect the lead for a bit, I hate that.
Great win, well played and I love the messages sent at the end of the game for Monday. Looch reminding folks he's there. Whoop Whoop 1st game in a best of 5 is an important one. GFG
Old 08-01-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:

Thought it looked like his skate went straight into shiefles leg as he went into the boards. If Jets lose him for any time they lose the series imo. He is prbly the best all around player in that series. Of course it happens on a chase down from chucky. Pretty harmless looking play though but sucks for the jets.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Thought it looked like his skate went straight into shiefles leg as he went into the boards. If Jets lose him for any time they lose the series imo. He is prbly the best all around player in that series. Of course it happens on a chase down from chucky. Pretty harmless looking play though but sucks for the jets.
It's hard to tell from the different angles, but I'm not sure that Tkachuk's skate did make contact....Scheifele looked like his left skate went straight in and twisted his knee as he was dodging the hit. He was hearing footsteps for sure. Either way, huge loss for Jets, he is the engine that drives the team.

Also, Laine never came back after his tilt with Gio (which I think he initiated, but didn't win). Potentially another loss there, but hopefully he comes back. Scheifele...doubtful.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
It's hard to tell from the different angles, but I'm not sure that Tkachuk's skate did make contact....Scheifele looked like his left skate went straight in and twisted his knee as he was dodging the hit. He was hearing footsteps for sure. Either way, huge loss for Jets, he is the engine that drives the team.

Also, Laine never came back after his tilt with Gio (which I think he initiated, but didn't win). Potentially another loss there, but hopefully he comes back. Scheifele...doubtful.
Jets coach doesn't seem to see it this way. Could be interesting.