Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
loose fire arm laws and ccw would mean more guns and by rule of numbers more nuts with guns. Which in the end means more gun murders and mass shootings.

More people with guns means more losers with guns too.

Best solution is more gun control Less people with guns means odds are in the portion of the population with guns there will be less psychos, losers etc with guns.

Even if 99.9999 percent of gun owners obey laws that one percentage point of turd apples multiplies with with more people having guns.
Puh-lease. When has a criminal ever obeyed a law let alone a gun law?

11 pages of Fishygunner and his gun haters saying people are to stupid to carry a pistol and defend themselves. Pathetic.

Are you guys this scared of people with guns when it's hunting season?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
really. because what I read was you making assumptions about what I said, as if you had some special insight.

you see for every reason you can think of for needing a gun for self defense, I could think of several variations of the same situation where the use of that gun takes an innocent life. beside someone actually pointing a gun at you, then the only defense is someone else shooting them as you'd most likely be shot for making any sudden move.
The very definition of self defense means some one has put my life in danger. My gun will work as well as any of your solutions, you choose yours and I'll choose mine. If it came to the point of me having to shoot some one in self defence the perpetrator is hardly innocent.
Guns can also be a deterrent without being fired. My first reaction to a perceived threat would not be to start shooting, that would be a last resort after all other options were ineffective.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Both just as legal as a snub nose 38 in Canada.

A 250 lb guy decides he 'wants' that 90 lb gal. Do you really think Tae-Bo is going to be as effective as a firearm?

Again, it isn't 'need', it's the right to decide for yourself. Regardless of where you are, the world isn't all sunshine and roses.

As far as needing a rickshaw, not if you apply common sense....

I'm outside all day and it will be dry and windy- Chapstick

It's day time and the skies are clear - sunglasses and a hat

Looks like rain -umbrella

I'm a 105 lb woman who has to walk 3 blocks to my vehicle in the dark when I get off shift at the hospital - purse pistol
Wouldn't have helped my cousin. Wouldn't help in most cases. Most women don't know what's coming in these situations.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/2...ked-in-garneau

Cheers
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post

11 pages of Fishygunner and his gun haters saying people are to stupid to carry a pistol and defend themselves. Pathetic.

Not a fair question.................it's based on truth.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Funny thing when it swings both ways, eh.

Not scared of people with guns when it's hunting season. Not scared of people with guns at the best of times. Just saying lax gun laws = more opportunity for guns = more guns out there = more death from guns.

But, during hunting season, don't see so many folks trudging through town with their guns over their shoulder, on their hips etc.

Cheers
Old 04-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:

look up hunting accidents. some real winners out there with guns when the season opens. and they're the law abiding ones.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Not a fair question.................it's based on truth.
Hmm how many accidents happen every year in nov vs every other month . That being said some states have a better chance of being shot in may as joe bublic has of shooting a deer in others. In canada carring a firearm for the .001% eventuality. Even in the us 1:1800 so its minute but they'all eat MAC D's like its going out of fasion with littl care of self so really which one is common and which is BS. not much to chose really.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I returned to Alberta, I was invited fishing and told to wear blaze as we would be going thru moose hunting territory,, I laughed then but now don a blaze balaclava when going there as another fisher at the lake recommended it. It had never crossed my mind fishing at any other time, and after reading posts/threads on people scoping? well like Burgle posted, there are idiots everywhere (I just don't take the cleansing society of them part to heart).
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, of course this is the solution....

Lets get a bunch of people who aspired to teach young minds when they enrolled in university as acedemically high achieving students to become teachers in the future..... Lets take these academic pencil pushing mind nurturing people and give them a 1-2week crash course on handgun use.

Lets have these inexpireinced individuals pack handguns while they teach six year olds how to count while singing old macdonald had a barn.

These expert marksmen could use their skills with handguns to have gunfights with kids all over the place.

It is fairly obvious the more peolle that can enter a gunfight the better, more bullets and guns shooting should result in less injuries especially if the participants in said gunfights have no experience.

More guns equals more nimrods shooting.

Most people yapping about ccw are just a bunch of armchair internet cowboys, lol
I know many teachers who are members of our gun club, some of them are serious competition shooters and are far more skilled than some of the police officers that shoot at the range.

I would feel quite happy to have them be able to carry their handguns at work.

But then I am not afraid of guns in the hands of responsible individuals.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
look up hunting accidents. some real winners out there with guns when the season opens. and they're the law abiding ones.
Car wrecks happen too. Idiots are everywhere, more legislation will not stop that.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

If you take the time to read BB's link Roughly 46% of the US legal fire arms owner are in fact criminal record holders??? At the limit of being the majority. So nearly 50% are criminals before they even purchas a gun ???
Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Funny thing when it swings both ways, eh.

Not scared of people with guns when it's hunting season. Not scared of people with guns at the best of times. Just saying lax gun laws = more opportunity for guns = more guns out there = more death from guns.

But, during hunting season, don't see so many folks trudging through town with their guns over their shoulder, on their hips etc.

Cheers
Canada has pretty strict laws regarding handguns, yet criminals seem to get them. Lax laws don't mean more guns on the street. You can acquire crack and meth without much trouble and it's illegal.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
I know many teachers who are members of our gun club, some of them are serious competition shooters and are far more skilled than some of the police officers that shoot at the range.

I would feel quite happy to have them be able to carry their handguns at work.

But then I am not afraid of guns in the hands of responsible individuals.

Soo you are saying we should arm every teacher in canada to help curb the pandemic of school shootings that has been going on in canada???? hahaha
Old 04-06-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Hmm how many accidents happen every year in nov vs every other month . That being said some states have a better chance of being shot in may as joe bublic has of shooting a deer in others. In canada carring a firearm for the .001% eventuality. Even in the us 1:1800 so its minute but they'all eat MAC D's like its going out of fasion with littl care of self so really which one is common and which is BS. not much to chose really.
Accidents is the key here. Not may hunters out to get you. The questions remains: do you feel safe in the bush in November?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Canada has pretty strict laws regarding handguns, yet criminals seem to get them. Lax laws don't mean more guns on the street. You can acquire crack and meth without much trouble and it's illegal.

Candas gun laws have lowered the amount of shootings and gun murders. Most illegal handguns come from countries with lax gun laws eg-the usa.

Every gun was manufactured legally, due to gun laws that arent tight enough in some jurisductions some guns are slipping out of the system.

All you are basically saying is gun control should be tighter where these guns are coming from
Old 04-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Candas gun laws have lowered the amount of shootings and gun murders. Most illegal handguns come from countries with lax gun laws eg-the usa.

Every gun was manufactured legally, due to gun laws that arent tight enough in some jurisductions some guns are slipping out of the system.

All you are basically saying is gun control should be tighter where these guns are coming from
Still used illegally in Canada, how did strict Canadian laws stop anything?

Last time I checked stabbing someone was illegal, didn't stop it from happening in Edmonton a few weeks back. Laws don't deter crime, never have, never will.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Accidents is the key here. Not may hunters out to get you. The questions remains: do you feel safe in the bush in November?
Perfectly.. well other than the time the dolt decided to shoot in my General direction after assuming the land was clear of hunters. But that is of little consequence In this discussion. To the best of my knowledge all the trained he he certified ho ho others in the bush fall into my ideal
Old 04-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Soo you are saying we should arm every teacher in canada to help curb the pandemic of school shootings that has been going on in canada???? hahaha
If you read that in my post then your teachers should have spent a lot more time with you.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Becase a individual with a pistol in public stands out like a yank in amsterdam. Sorry to easy .
Old 04-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't have helped my cousin. Wouldn't help in most cases. Most women don't know what's coming in these situations.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/2...ked-in-garneau

Cheers
Fair enough, but would the attackers be so bold if they didn't know what was coming? Lone female becomes lone female, possibly armed. That changes 'if she catches me moving in, I overcome her with strength' to 'if she catches me moving in, I get shot'. Enough for the dirt bag to rethink his nights plans.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I'm certainly not saying you can't get things illegally. What I'm saying is if it wasn't illegal, there's plenty more to be gotten.

I would imagine it's difficult for a resident of Colorado to not find marijuana now. I also imagine millions of potheads with a story of "my dealer was out and I couldn't find any"

Cheers
Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Perfectly.. well other than the time the dolt decided to shoot in my General direction after assuming the land was clear of hunters. But that is of little consequence In this discussion. To the best of my knowledge all the trained he he certified ho ho others in the bush fall into my ideal
But you are in an area where everybody is armed. Why isn't the gun murder rate high. Increased guns means increased gun crime doesn't it.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Fair enough, but would the attackers be so bold if they didn't know what was coming? Lone female becomes lone female, possibly armed. That changes 'if she catches me moving in, I overcome her with strength' to 'if she catches me moving in, I get shot'. Enough for the dirt bag to rethink his nights plans.
I would have to check how many incidents like this occur where firearms are allowed on a person in public. My hunch is that the numbers will show that it doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

Last time I checked stabbing someone was illegal, didn't stop it from happening in Edmonton a few weeks back. Laws don't deter crime, never have, never will.
Omg arm alberta a guy got stabbed ..well a few weeks ago, the time before that um no one remembers. See what the reality is, a stabbing in a city of a million makes the news wonder how many were shot in oh ..Spokane in that time frame ...lets look ...yep as suspected http://spotcrime.com/wa/spokane.. lost count .
Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:

Sooooo we shouldn't make laws because some people break them anyways??? lol
Old 04-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
But you are in an area where everybody is armed. Why isn't the gun murder rate high. Increased guns means increased gun crime doesn't it.
Owning hunting rifles isn't illegal. There's no more or less guns because hunting season has started. But I don't see 5 hunters at Tim Horton's with their rifles by their side either.

I feel safer at Tim Horton's than I did on the lake out west fishing hearing gun shots all day.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
if you think like a criminal, ccw just means you either a. scope your mark well, or b. pull yours before they pull theirs. nothing solved.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Read closely ....trained individual . Snap.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Owning hunting rifles isn't illegal. There's no more or less guns because hunting season has started. But I don't see 5 hunters at Tim Horton's with their rifles by their side either.

I feel safer at Tim Horton's than I did on the lake out west fishing hearing gun shots all day.
I would suggest you check out the airport this fall and see how many "crazy" Americans are carrying guns.

Yet no mass shootings.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Candas gun laws have lowered the amount of shootings and gun murders.
Really, where's your proof of that bold claim? Ever heard the term confounding variables?