Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I really HATE the idea of nutbar "radicals" and don't want to be one myself.
But if nonsense like this goes on to the bitter end, we might see the return of a few things from history that may or may not be good ideas:

Torches
Pitchforks
Tar
Feathers

And maybe even a guillotine, or something like it.

I sure hope not, but........
Surely, no one and certainly not I is advocating violence. But, prevention through the proper channels is certainly doable as stated in my post above.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody arrow View Post
it is going to be interesting to see if these firearms are returned or "lost".... or suddenly illegal...?
and we think we life in a democracy, right ????
it is going to be interesting, I'm sure the media will drop it after the are told to.... Can't have the population questioning the government...!!! that would not be safe????

I smell "Revolution" in the air.....
Agreed it would not surprise me if lines where drawn in our lifetime at this current rate of decent.
Then you gotta choose.patriot or fed
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Banned

So when was the last time the police felt the need to go kicking in doors grabbing guns during a natural disaster? When was the last time some catastrophe happened as a result of firearms sitting around in a house during a flood? Why did the RCMP feel the need to go door to door breaking in to people homes and confiscating their guns while they are being forcibly kept out during this flood in particular and in this area in particular? Who specifically made the call?

This all sounds very suspicious and unnecessary. I have a hard time believing a "substantial" number of guns were just left laying around in plain sight and that this whole confiscation mission was somehow ancillary to some other altruistic goal of the RCMP. I have to say I don't look at the RCMP with the same respect I used to, and am somewhat suspicious of them and their motives these days. This all seems like just another action designed to make owning guns too onerous.

I would be very picky when retrieving my gun and making sure there weren't any nicks or chips in it that weren't there before. Frankly, the RCMP should be hand delivering each and every gun back to every owner at their home with an apology. AND whoever made the decision to do this should be terminated, and the jackboots that went door to door as well. It's high time these guys started having to face some consequences for their actions. AND, while I'm on a roll...whoever thinks this is OK should have to take some history classes before they're allowed to set foot in a voting both.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Banned

Don't fall victim to the allure of Hollywood style shoot 'em up at the OK Corral. Instead, put your support and words behind the NFA and CSSA. That's why they're here.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 PM

Default ???

Anyone know it the cops are "securing" firearms on the flooded reserve. I would bet not.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Don't fall victim to the allure of Hollywood style shoot 'em up at the OK Corral. Instead, put your support and words behind the NFA and CSSA. That's why they're here.
x2!

we need to support these tools while we still have them!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
x2!

we need to support these tools while we still have them!
Clare Sheldon is anything but a tool, but I do get your drift buddy LOL. They are are OUR voice is what you mean surely
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 PM

"Safety"
"Public safety"

Word(s) uttered that have become synonymous with...

RCMP/politicians dumbing down the general public to get away with anything they want.

Anytime I hear those words come out of their mouth I can't help but shudder.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Its like playoff time in the NHL and everyone is jumping on the I hate RCMP bandwagon.
I have always found things like this to be hilarious. If someone doesn't approve of the RCMP abusing their powers and clearly breaking the law that they are supposed to uphold, well they must just hate the police.

The "cop-hater" excuse/comeback is overused & fails most of the time. If people are angry at the RCMP, it does not mean they hate them. They just hate what they have become.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Wow a lot of people like exercising around here by jumping to a lot of conclusions with out any real evidence. Its like playoff time in the NHL and everyone is jumping on the I hate RCMP bandwagon.

Hope everyone has a good long weekend, Happy Canada Day a little early. cheers.
You certainly are out of hand with the statement my friend. No one and certainly not I promote hatred against the constables who executed that order. Turns out that I have a friend in the force and that my very own father in law was a long serving member. My contention lies with the procedure, the time line in which this was executed. Those people whom may have had firearms out for cleaning, repairing or displaying may have not be given ample time to secure those firearms given that they were ordered to leave immediately. Myself as a gunsmith, I have client's firearms in the open, daily. They require bedding, a new stock, a face lift or accurizing to name a few. It certainly would be out of my reach to secure every firearm, which are disabled BTW to secure these in the few minutes that are given. So what now?, I'm a criminal? And then, I must ask myself, why is my friend who stayed behind to ensure himself that his firearms would not fall into undesirable hands is no longer in contact with me. It's as though he fell off the radar the minute this order came in.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swedeforelk View Post
Your mom never read books to you, did she?

hmm um huh (looking for "over your head" emoticon)
Is that all you got? have a nice day. Now, call me names....I dare you! But hey, good on you for keeping this thread alive, as it should.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-28-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Is that all you got? have a nice day. Now, call me names....I dare you! But hey, good on you for keeping this thread alive, as it should.
I rest my case.
We need an "over your head" emoticon !
Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned

Hey Gitrdun:

With your contacts with the southern Alberta arts society, you are getting comments like that? Oh Boy.

With your knowledge of reloading information custom made for the Alberta hunter you get dumped on. Go figure.

Maybe you dear mother could teach some individuals on this forum some decorum. God Bless her.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I rest my case.
We need an "over your head" emoticon !
I truly don't know what you mean by that. Are you implying that I'm an idiot moron? Am I missing something that you implied? Let me know, I'm always in for a good intellectual fight, but then again, I will not fight an unarmed man.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Hey Gitrdun:

With your contacts with the southern Alberta arts society, you are getting comments like that? Oh Boy.

With your knowledge of reloading information custom made for the Alberta hunter you get dumped on. Go figure.

Maybe you dear mother could teach some individuals on this forum some decorum. God Bless her.
Hey Grey, thank you and God bless you also.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
So....did you actually call Sheldon Clare and have a chat w/ him?

Did you call that Nicholson person?

That letter is not really clear on what actions the NFA is going to take?

But I am glad that someone took my earlier advice to write the NFA....good job

And I do find it interesting that that letter has not gained much attention on here.

Last edited by MtnGiant; 06-28-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGiant View Post
So....did you actually call Sheldon Clare and have a chat w/ him?

Did you call that Nicholson person?

That letter is not really clear on what actions the NFA is going to take?

But I am glad that someone took my earlier advice to write the NFA....good job

And I do find it interesting that that letter has not gained much attention on here.
Yes, Sheldon did call me just a few minutes ago. And we do have a concise plan of action which I am not at liberty to disclose right now. And NO, I haven't called that Nicholson person.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I truly don't know what you mean by that. Are you implying that I'm an idiot moron? Am I missing something that you implied? Let me know, I'm always in for a good intellectual fight, but then again, I will not fight an unarmed man.
I better get this cleared up as I'll be doing cleanup in High River soon.
Don't want local res Geterdone standing on my neck while designing a huge dehumidifyer!!

The guys monicker, EORE, is the donkey in AJ's Winnie the Pooh.
So when BILLIE (??) replies that he is a donkey he's referring...

So, Hi River... a guy comes with all the necessities of life, boots,
deet, generators, pumps, shovels, wet vacs, AC motors.

Wonder what else?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't want local res Geterdone standing on my neck while designing a huge dehumidifyer!!

Wonder what else?
The simple fact that you'll be there to help with the clean up puts you in a whole different perspective my friend. I don't want to argue with you at this time, as I have bigger fish to fry. Thank God and for the likes of you. I can surely say that I hope to meet up with you and buy you a coffee. And maybe, I'll introduce you to some awesome Swede friends of mine, neighbors.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-28-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, Sheldon did call me just a few minutes ago. And we do have a concise plan of action which I am not at liberty to disclose right now. And NO, I haven't called that Nicholson person.
Good job....well done
Old 06-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

Wonder what else?
You see what a decent man Gitrdun is. Shame on you.

I hope when you go home tonight that your mother jumps out from under the porch and bites you.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Last I heard the Prime Minister's Office gave the order to return all firearms taken. The RCMP better take that order seriously!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Getrdone, if you need drying assistance, pm me. I'm hitting up the local recycle yards for those big "squirrel cage" blowers. You kick a basement window out & blast that wet air out at 1600 cfm. That is a flooded homeowners only prayer, dry before the mold really sets in.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default It sounded like Reford was okay with how the RC's went about this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Redford addressed it in her last press conference, it's been on 660 news every 10 minutes today. The RCMP reports to the province, it's been addressed by the province.
And I think she's going to try and use this as a political WEDGE issue against WR's Daniel Smith.

.... think about it - Redford's pollsters know that gun owners and their rights are supported by a minority of voters and getting smaller every year in AB.

Take advantage of the opportunity to make this an issue that will expose Smith, whose the WR MLA of the riding, as a politician that supports gun owners whose firearms were confiscated because of careless unsafe storage.

TBD

.... she's building the election issues NOW - heck, who knows maybe this was done purposely FOR POLITICAL GAIN in the Highriver / Okotoks Wildrose riding.

... talk about cheap political tactics for GAIN !

SURE it's been "addressed" MIDGETWAITER, but we still have questions - WE don't know if residents homes were targeted with LGR data or NOT ?

... We don't if the firearms that were properly stored were confiscated or LEFT ?

... and we don't know if they'll be returned to their rightful owners without PROOF of ownership ?

.... and we don't know whether or not residents will be charged where RC's claim their firearm was improperly stored ? (and if YOU believe the authorities would account for several hundred charges being laid on citizens who've been through HELL that last week )

... THIS is frick'n UN-believable !

Last edited by TBD; 06-28-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Through all this I find it hard to believe the authorities were not able to account for every person in High River by petitioning and asking, is anyone unaccounted for. The whole thing stinks, how come this never happened in Cal. Leth. Med. Hat etc.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM

As soon as they will let the High River folks back in, I am available to help. I have a gas water pump that is free to anyone that needs it. Just let me know.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Getrdone, if you need drying assistance, pm me. I'm hitting up the local recycle yards for those big "squirrel cage" blowers. You kick a basement window out & blast that wet air out at 1600 cfm. That is a flooded homeowners only prayer, dry before the mold really sets in.
Thanks swede, same to you Pincherguy. I will keep you posted.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
And I think she's going to try and use this as a political wedge against WR's Daniel Smith.

.... think about it - Redford's pollsters know that gun owners and their rights are supported by a minority of voters and getting smaller every year in AB.

Take advantage of the opportunity to make this an issue that will expose Smith, whose the WR MLA of the riding, as a politician that supports gun owners whose firearms were confiscated.

TBD

.... she's building the election issues NOW - heck, who knows maybe this was done purposely in the Highriver / Okotoks Wildrose riding.

SURE it's been "addressed" MIDGETWAITER, we don't know if residents homes were targeted with LGR data or NOT

... We don't if the firearms that were properly stored were confiscated or NOT

... and we don't know if they'll be returned to their rightful owners without PROOF of ownership

.... and we don't know whether or not residents will be charged where RC's claim the firearm was improperly stored - and if YOU believe the authorities would account for several hundred charges being laid on citizens who've been through HELL that last week !

I have been thinking about Redford and her strategy all day long.

One billion has already been allocated in a province with a three billion deficit.

How is this one billion going to be spent? On shysters and friends loyal to the PC government?

What is she up to? She certainly does not like a large demographic in this province. From her comments today she hates gun owners.

She is also not doing well in blowing tons of money on her pipeline circuit trying to be a New York girl.

Any ideas?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
And I think she's going to try and use this as a political WEDGE issue against WR's Daniel Smith.

Take advantage of the opportunity to make this an issue that will expose Smith, whose the WR MLA of the riding, as a politician that supports gun owners whose firearms were confiscated because of careless unsafe storage.

TBD

.... she's building the election issues NOW - heck, who knows maybe this was done purposely FOR POLITICAL GAIN in the Highriver / Okotoks Wildrose riding.

SURE it's been "addressed" MIDGETWAITER, but we still have questions - WE don't know if residents homes were targeted with LGR data or NOT ?

... We don't if the firearms that were properly stored were confiscated or LEFT ?

... and we don't know if they'll be returned to their rightful owners without PROOF of ownership ?

.... and we don't know whether or not residents will be charged where RC's claim their firearm was improperly stored ? (and if YOU believe the authorities would account for several hundred charges being laid on citizens who've been through HELL that last week )

Stop talking so much. High River needs your muscles, not your mouth. Nobody gives a hoot about the political crap right now. We have a job to do.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-28-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 PM

All I know is if I hypothetically lived in High River, given an hour flood evacuation notice,,, I'd bet my rifles would be out of my basement locker and laying on a top floor bed covered or top floor closet (i.e. somewhere high)... Maybe one or two with me in case a revolt or personal protection during a disaster was to break out.

My valuables would be up and out of a flooded basement