Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
It's either him or LL Cool J's winter cabin has been destroyed.
my first thought was this dude looks like a chunkier version of ladies love cool james. lmao i thought i was the only one.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post
hmm, 9:10 PM, (8:10 PM LA time)...news conference just announced no body has been discovered...cabin remains too hot to investigate at this time.
LOL...all the nut job paranoid conspiracy theorists are putting together extensive flow charts, cropping photos, and making an awesome scrap book to start the next wave of "the Government is COMING!" scare videos.

I predict massive stock piling of food and water and the power being turned on in bunkers.

And when did "Preppers" go from kids that like homework and home comings to adults that like end of the world planning?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Banned

Pretty sad that there's conflicting news stories, other news are saying the police had the body and claiming it was definitely him...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...out-cabin.html

http://www.wtsp.com/news/breaking/ar...rned-out-cabin

considering they were shooting black people in vehicles that fit the description of Dormers truck, I wouldn't believe a word the police say about it anymore.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM

Is it just me or are reporters full of crap these days

Lets go on Facebook and ask him if he's dead.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Pretty sad that there's conflicting news stories, other news are saying the police had the body and claiming it was definitely him...

considering they were shooting black people in vehicles that fit the description of Dormers truck, I wouldn't believe a word the police say about it anymore.
News coverage is sad because things are happening in real world timing, with real people and not an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Media jumps on anything...makes up statements just hoping to guess right and be a scoop or guess wrong and draw in a crowd.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
And elderly hispanic ladies.. hey, mistakes happen ha!! Shoot first, ID later I guess...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Cool View Post
Is it just me or are reporters full of crap these days

Lets go on Facebook and ask him if he's dead.

I need a better excuse than that to join facebook...lol I'm gonna pass.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM

The media is a joke. Riverside says he's dead. La says they don't know. Maybe the riverside police spoke out of turn. Either way I'd believe they pulled him out and want airtight Identification before announcing but who knows.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
News coverage is sad because things are happening in real world timing, with real people and not an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Media jumps on anything...makes up statements just hoping to guess right and be a scoop or guess wrong and draw in a crowd.
It makes you wonder how easy it would be to contact a news agency during a time like this and pretend to be a solid source with real information. I've seen videos before on youtube of guys calling into CNN and pretending to be police and then swearing or whatever.. and this is LIVE too.. So desperate to get the story out there first..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.SxalRDLjfbw
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Exclamation

Quote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...out-cabin.html

http://www.wtsp.com/news/breaking/ar...rned-out-cabin

If there is any sort of cover up this is where it will happen. I want to see how these trigger happy officers were disciplined.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingd View Post
The media is a joke. Riverside says he's dead. La says they don't know. Maybe the riverside police spoke out of turn. Either way I'd believe they pulled him out and want airtight Identification before announcing but who knows.
By morning they'll have dumped his body off an aircraft carrier and sold the movie rights
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
It makes you wonder how easy it would be to contact a news agency during a time like this and pretend to be a solid source with real information. I've seen videos before on youtube of guys calling into CNN and pretending to be police and then swearing or whatever.. and this is LIVE too.. So desperate to get the story out there first..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.SxalRDLjfbw
I think most reporters will have trusted sources or check before throwing a story out but as sundance said it happening in real time so maybe they don't have time.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 PM

One of the cleaning ladies called in Dorner's location, if what i hear is correct...so, does she qualify for the $1 Mill??
Wonder how purdy she is, and marital status...

I'm joking....maybe.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
If there is any sort of cover up this is where it will happen. I want to see how these trigger happy officers were disciplined.
I heard that the vehicle matched, had tinted windows, driving slowly, no lights on, getting dark out, threw a newspaper out the window.. got lit up. I'd be willing to bet that the discipline will be very very very light. I can't believe that no one was killed! They should be fired 100% in my opinion. Some mistakes are completely unacceptable.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I heard that the vehicle matched, had tinted windows, driving slowly, no lights on, getting dark out, threw a newspaper out the window.. got lit up. I'd be willing to bet that the discipline will be very very very light. I can't believe that no one was killed! They should be fired 100% in my opinion. Some mistakes are completely unacceptable.
I agree. I understand its a high pressure situation and they have their lives on the line. I've never done the job but shooting civilians is hard to take.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM

I'm fairly sure if I knew a crazy guy in a Honda Civic was after me and I saw a Civic, I'd take cover and assess things. Don't think I'd open fire on it.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Cool View Post
I'm fairly sure if I knew a crazy guy in a Honda Civic was after me and I saw a Civic, I'd take cover and assess things. Don't think I'd open fire on it.
Even if they threw a deadly newspaper???
Maybe LA has harsh littering penalties?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post
Even if they threw a deadly newspaper???
Even if he had a pizza.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I agree. I understand its a high pressure situation and they have their lives on the line. I've never done the job but shooting civilians is hard to take.
Kinda thinking about this... i heard that Dorner was "spotted" on the freeway nearby shortly before the shooting.. If the police had reason to believe that it could be Dorner due to the slow moving vehicle, no lights.. and they saw something thrown towards the target house.. then they commanded the truck to stop and it didn't, would that be a justified shoot? I mean legally... I still don't agree with it because they didn't know for certain, but I can see them being cleared for this based on what they reasonably believed at the time... what do you think?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Banned

Apperantly one of the guys they shot in a vehicle was white. You have to wonder how you confuse a white guy with a black guy.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Kinda thinking about this... i heard that Dorner was "spotted" on the freeway nearby shortly before the shooting.. If the police had reason to believe that it could be Dorner due to the slow moving vehicle, no lights.. and they saw something thrown towards the target house.. then they commanded the truck to stop and it didn't, would that be a justified shoot? I mean legally... I still don't agree with it because they didn't know for certain, but I can see them being cleared for this based on what they reasonably believed at the time... what do you think?
Not in my mind. They have to know for certain there was a weapon I would think. If it had been dorner in the vehicle they would be heros. It wasn't.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not in my mind. They have to know for certain there was a weapon I would think. If it had been dorner in the vehicle they would be heros. It wasn't.
Instead of being heros they are just a bunch more out of control paramilitaries hosing down civilians with gun fire.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Well I like to believe this also, but people pulling out cellphones or wallets etc have been shot before.. and legally. I get it, I mean they can only do what they reasonably believe is right and necessary... I guess we'll see how this situation gets sorted out soon.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Instead of being heros they are just a bunch more out of control paramilitaries hosing down civilians with gun fire.
That about sums it up.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Well I like to believe this also, but people pulling out cellphones or wallets etc have been shot before.. and legally. I get it, I mean they can only do what they reasonably believe is right and necessary... I guess we'll see how this situation gets sorted out soon.
My thoughts on this are if they reasonably believe engaging a vehicle with firearms before positively identifying its occupants is right and necessary they don't belong in a uniform. Even under a pressure situation it is inexcusable.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Speaking of prank calls on live tv

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=111_1360709050
Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Speaking of prank calls on live tv

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=111_1360709050
Only in America .
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 AM

Radio transmissions of sheriff's officers deciding to burn Chris Dorner out of the cabin.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fbc_1360721946
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Radio transmissions of sheriff's officers deciding to burn Chris Dorner out of the cabin.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fbc_1360721946
He is dead? It is over? Justice is served?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
He is dead? It is over? Justice is served?
Not "officially" confirmed but yeah, he had a gun fight with the police, shot himself and cooked in the fire. Unless he has a twin he's done.