Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
The event 30 years ago in the link below is the one I cite as changing my view from that day onwards. Perhaps things would have been different for that elderly couple in their motorhome near the foothills had they protected themselves....the 2 legged animals being worse than any 4 legged animal.
Indeed.

There are hyenas among us. Not many, but that is small comfort for the ravaged, the abused, the beaten, the broken and the dead.

The story that I remember most is a few years back. An enlightened Ontario co-ed was dating a North African immigrant. They broke up. He made threats. He stalked her. She got a restraining order. He made more threats. She made more complaints. He breached the restraining order. Then he broke into her apartment and cut her throat.

I don't understand how someone can read stories like these and still say: "Use your bare hands."

I just don't get it....
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
the 2 legged animals being worse than any 4 legged animal.]
Totally agree! To be blunt, most people who need killing have done something in their past that warrants such action. Animals are just being animals.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Indeed.

There are hyenas among us. Not many, but that is small comfort for the ravaged, the abused, the beaten, the broken and the dead.

The story that I remember most is a few years back. An enlightened Ontario co-ed was dating a North African immigrant. They broke up. He made threats. He stalked her. She got a restraining order. He made more threats. She made more complaints. He breached the restraining order. Then he broke into her apartment and cut her throat.

I don't understand how someone can read stories like these and still say: "Use your bare hands."

I just don't get it....
I guess our kind of folks are not "enlightened", whatever the hexx that is supposed to mean.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 PM

After reading alot of this thread, It really amazes me on some peoples stances. Put down your purses already. Grow a set for peet sakes. It looks to me and from what ive seen of some of the responses you would just roll over and let an intruder do what ever they wanted and more. I garantee if someone comes into my home with ill intent, it will not turn out well for said individual and trust me i dont need a gun to do it,, that being said ,,if it comes to that, then it would be utilized with deadly force. I have taught all my childeran to protect them selves ,either hand to hand or to handle a weapon efficiantley. It is something that should be standard in every home. Maybe i was born 150 yrs too late but honesty and integrity still rule. If it was taught across the board in homes today i think the world would be a much better place. And you wouldnt have nere the issues with crime today.