Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Banned

Default You didn't know that aliens live amongst us ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

W&F get with the times dude !
Old 10-17-2013, 07:01 AM

Nothing in politics is by chance......this is all planned
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
... to fund obama care - hi-jacking.

enlight'n us huntley, how would you define this word ?

TBD

.... As far as the repubs were concerned The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was never a legitimate bill - more like still birth from inception.

... Oh and to help you understand better, check out this link ...

http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2...2-2506324.html
Maybe I'm not following you. It's hijacking the house to fund Obama care? Or are you talking about passing it in the first place?

I understand the situation, it doesn't matter what they think of the bill, it's been passed. I'd consider the hissy fit they are throwing right now somewhat of a hijack. They don't have the power to overturn the bill, and didn't have the power to stop it in the first place so they are trying a different tactic now.

So wonder what peoples reactions would be here, if it were possible if say the liberals were able to do the same thing and shut down the government in response to something like trying to stop the gun registry from going away.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
A poll as stated on the bbc has the republican party at the lowest rating in modern HISTORY.
Imo if both parties are corrupt im going to pick the the one thats corrupt in my benifit, not haliburton or lockheeds . The public is starting to waken up .
So are proper Republicans.

They realise now that they made a deal with the devil by allowing the tea party guys to basically intimidate them.

If the vote was done by closed ballot...it would pass.

Everyone with a lick of sense knows that if you can fund two wars for over a decade... now that those wars are winding down you can afford health care.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
So are proper Republicans.

They realise now that they made a deal with the devil by allowing the tea party guys to basically intimidate them.

If the vote was done by closed ballot...it would pass.

Everyone with a lick of sense knows that if you can fund two wars for over a decade... now that those wars are winding down you can afford health care.
Good point. Why don't the Republicans put their thoughts together and run a campaign to eliminate Obamacare if elected. Let the people speak. Oh wait... Obama won handily on that topic.

Still... Nothing stops the Repubs from trying again and again.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default Huntley, if you read all my words - it'll make more sense ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
Maybe I'm not following you. It's hijacking the house to fund Obama care? Or are you talking about passing it in the first place?
I said that " I would call trying to extort money from the house to fund obama care - hi-jacking."

Quote:
I understand the situation, it doesn't matter what they think of the bill, it's been passed.
this is where I believe you and oko are wrong, like most people in this debate for the dems, you've not done any research on the tactics used to get obamaCare passed into law. The bill wasn't debated nor voted on - Pelosi and her dem selected judges broke - stretched and "made up" rules as they went to get this "thing" signed by o'bama.

Quote:
I'd consider the hissy fit they are throwing right now somewhat of a hijack. They don't have the power to overturn the bill, and didn't have the power to stop it in the first place so they are trying a different tactic now.
Again - you are wrong here because the American people gave the repubs ctrl of congress and the house, which gets to initiate spending bills. They wisely chose to check the dems spend thrift ways with a republican ctrld house and delaying funding for obama's healthCare act in the 2014 budget is an example of the American system working as it was intended.

.... and as rugatikka pointed out -- there's no rule saying they have to incl funding for all bills signed into LAW (especially ones that became law in the manner of obama's affordable care act )

http://www.crawfordbroadcasting.com/...came%20Law.pdf

Quote:
So wonder what peoples reactions would be here, if it were possible if say the liberals were able to do the same thing and shut down the government in response to ....
Again this is American MSM "double speak" that you're falling for ....

The repubs ctrl the house. They get to initiate and present the budget, the dem ctrld senate's job is either to pass it or not (or debate them & concede on terms - which they wouldn't). If it doesn't get passed the American gov't doesn't get funded.

The senate doesn't get the luxury of passing only the spending bills they like - unless (in this case) their prepared to shutdown the economy !

Huntley, who shut down the gov't by failing to pass the budget ?

Last edited by TBD; 10-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
W&F get with the times dude !
What? It's not a 'liberal rag' so it all must be true.

Dragons over Wales?

You're claiming that Obamacare isn't law because of how it was passed. Well, has there been any challenges to the procedures of the house to rescind the 'rule changes' that allowed it to be passed? I'm curious if you can provide me with information on these challenges if they exist.

Truth be told, the reblicans are probably in favor of the rule changes, as they know that in a few terms, maybe 1 or 2, they will be back in the majority position after the dems take the US even further down the crapper. They will then be able to use this very same tactic to pass whatever they choose. Game Theory, look into it. Politics is a long game, a few years of sitting across the isle is all a part of a strategy for some.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
What? It's not a 'liberal rag' so it all must be true.

Dragons over Wales?

You're claiming that Obamacare isn't law because of how it was passed. Well, has there been any challenges to the procedures of the house to rescind the 'rule changes' that allowed it to be passed? I'm curious if you can provide me with information on these challenges if they exist.

Truth be told, the reblicans are probably in favor of the rule changes, as they know that in a few terms, maybe 1 or 2, they will be back in the majority position after the dems take the US even further down the crapper. They will then be able to use this very same tactic to pass whatever they choose. Game Theory, look into it. Politics is a long game, a few years of sitting across the isle is all a part of a strategy for some.
Truth be told.... it is just Romneycare reworked to make the Republicans happy.