Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2022, 10:01 PM
Banned

Atleast your defense held them to 24 shots. That's something.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:09 PM

Who won?
Old 10-18-2022, 10:46 PM

I didn’t watch todays game. Saw the score. What was the deal? Outplayed? Bad Goal tending? Lots of near misses? Bad defence?

SOG was ludicrously in the Oilers favour. How did we not beat Buffalo?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-18-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I didn’t watch todays game. Saw the score. What was the deal? Outplayed? Bad Goal tending? Lots of near misses? Bad defence?

SOG was ludicrously in the Oilers favour. How did we not beat Buffalo?
We????? Listen, nobody likes a luke-warm fan. Just be a Flames fan and be done with it. Coming on here under the guise that you are an Oilers fan so that you have free reign to rip on the team is getting old.

Maybe check the Vegas odds on how many people appreciate you being an Oilers fan.

Onto to actual Oilers talk.... ran into an incredibly hot goalie tonight. 48 shots, lots of garbage infront of the net and not 1 bounce went our way. Even Nuge's goal took a perfect pass infront. Only 3 games in so I won't be selling the season ticket yet.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
We????? Listen, nobody likes a luke-warm fan. Just be a Flames fan and be done with it. Coming on here under the guise that you are an Oilers fan so that you have free reign to rip on the team is getting old.

Maybe check the Vegas odds on how many people appreciate you being an Oilers fan.

Onto to actual Oilers talk.... ran into an incredibly hot goalie tonight. 48 shots, lots of garbage infront of the net and not 1 bounce went our way. Even Nuge's goal took a perfect pass infront. Only 3 games in so I won't be selling the season ticket yet.
Get over yourself. I can be a fan. You’re not the fan police. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid growing up in NE Edmonton. I can enjoy the Calgary/Edmonton Rivalry.

Gezz. Hockey fan police brutality is not becoming.

I had to laugh…. The buddy I saw the Flames game with hates the Oilers with a passion and was berating me for being an Oilers fan.

So I get it both ways I guess.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 10-18-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Get over yourself. I can be a fan. You’re not the fan police. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid growing up in NE Edmonton. I can enjoy the Calgary/Edmonton Rivalry.

Gezz. Hockey fan police brutality is not becoming.

I had to laugh…. The buddy I saw the Flames game with hates the Oilers with a passion and was berating me for being an Oilers fan.

So I get it both ways I guess.
Sucks how common this sort of thing is getting. If you’re “not enough of a fan” someone comes dumping on you for it… acting like they’re better than you or whatever because they’re more hardcore, they memorize so-and-so’s stats from 1993, or whatever… It’s not only an oilers thing, it’s not only a hockey thing… the fan police come in for every sport and every team.
I don’t understand it - watch the game or don’t… Cheer for your team or don’t… Be casual, watch only during playoffs, watch all of them - who cares? Have fun with it, because really - it’s just a d*mn game.

Oh, and by the way - go flames!
Old 10-19-2022, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageValleyOutdoors View Post
Sucks how common this sort of thing is getting. If you’re “not enough of a fan” someone comes dumping on you for it… acting like they’re better than you or whatever because they’re more hardcore, they memorize so-and-so’s stats from 1993, or whatever… It’s not only an oilers thing, it’s not only a hockey thing… the fan police come in for every sport and every team.
I don’t understand it - watch the game or don’t… Cheer for your team or don’t… Be casual, watch only during playoffs, watch all of them - who cares? Have fun with it, because really - it’s just a d*mn game.

Oh, and by the way - go flames!
Lol. True dat.

I’m watching the Oiler game now as I tape them all.

Nurse missed a goal and gave up a goal. Explains why he was even +/-

Still think he’s expected to perform far too high for his skill. Will he grow into his salary? I hope so. I like a defenseman who will step up offensively so he has that.

Buffalo goals were all good except open net at the end. Can’t see Skinner stopping them although the 3rd should of never happened. Bad defence.

Great hustle on the Oilers second goal. Buffalo goalie was playing very well. They came close at the end.

I am totally not a fan of all the cheap shots and hacks and hooks and holds and interference on McDavid. It’s stupid how much is allowed. Without that happening the hockey would be far more exciting.

It was a close game. A few tweaks to defence and the Oiler can win these games. As someone once said… it’s early so lots of upside and improvement possible.

PS. Holloway got rocked. Hope he will be okay. He’s got lots of potential. Plays hard.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 10-19-2022 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:21 AM

Quote:

I guess even when you dress 12 first rounders, having the “bounces” go “your way” is still very crucial….. lol.

Mediocrity right out of the gate.. and the beat goes on….
Old 10-19-2022, 05:56 AM

Glad I watched the Phillies game instead.. GREAT game!

Hockey comes after The World Series for me.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:18 AM

We will get em next time.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:34 AM

Just saw the highlights this morning, was out hunting geese, I'll watch hockey when hunting season is over, it's way to early in the season to to get excited about hockey wins or losses, 79 games to go

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
I guess even when you dress 12 first rounders, having the “bounces” go “your way” is still very crucial….. lol.

Mediocrity right out of the gate.. and the beat goes on….
You're back!

Didn't see you for a while there when all the winning was happening...
Old 10-19-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
You're back!

Didn't see you for a while there when all the winning was happening...
I’ll send you a PM asking when the right time is next time…

Old 10-19-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
I’ll send you a PM asking when the right time is next time…

I think after any loss works. Or maybe when they only win by 1 goal. No wait, even if they win by 5 but make a couple bad plays.

Ahhhh heck, it's never not the right time for some doom and gloom from 1899b!

P.S.
I'm sure Holland is working on a trade to get someone to take Draisaitl and that terrible contract right now...
Old 10-19-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
I think after any loss works. Or maybe when they only win by 1 goal. No wait, even if they win by 5 but make a couple bad plays.

Ahhhh heck, it's never not the right time for some doom and gloom from 1899b!

P.S.
I'm sure Holland is working on a trade to get someone to take Draisaitl and that terrible contract right now...
I was thinking Drai looks like the better player on the ice than McDavid… however if you just focus on watching McDavid… it seems he gets way more of the clutching, grabbing, stick holding, interference attempts than Drai. Without that he would be better on the ice. So is Drai getting the same treatment and I’m missing it or is he not. I’m still trying to figure that out.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:03 AM

Holloway okay? That was a heck of a hit by The Russian Bear on the Top Pair.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Holloway okay? That was a heck of a hit by The Russian Bear on the Top Pair.
So far an upper body injury listed day to day.

Hope he gets back fast. Never want to see a player get hurt let alone a rookie.

Guy could of eased up a bit. Hurting each other badly should not be a players goal.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:48 PM

This thread

Feels so…..

Not genuine any more……
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-19-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
This thread

Feels so…..

Not genuine any more……
Come on Bessie. You be smarter den dat.

Don’t worry. I’m not. Oilers are going to start winning. Better to peak at the end of regular season then top out at the beginning.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:40 PM

Looks like NHL won’t have the Best players…….need more diversity…

“If the NHL is able to diversify its workforce and audience, then it can ensure that the league will survive and thrive," said Mikah Thompson, an associate dean at the University of Missouri-Kansas City law school and an expert on racial diversity issues.
"While pursuing diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do, it is also good for the league's bottom line," Thompson added. "A more diverse NHL workforce, including more diversity among its player ranks, will result in greater interest in the sport. The NHL's fan base will grow once diverse people see themselves represented in the league."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/analys...card-1.6116718
Old 10-19-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
This thread

Feels so…..

Not genuine any more……
I hear ya.... unfortunately I don't think the un-genuine factor is getting the message.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:08 AM

Carry on
Old 10-20-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I hear ya.... unfortunately I don't think the un-genuine factor is getting the message.
Ok.

I sent some PM’s. Happy to chat outside this thread on the fact I am honestly saying what I stated is fact. I’m not into the fan of one and enemy of the other camp.

Feel free to connect via PM so that you become comfortable with my being an Oilers fan.

No sense in destabilizing the thread.

Old 10-20-2022, 11:12 AM
Banned

Very important game against Carolina. They are a very solid team and will be quite the test for Edmonton. It's interesting to note Draisaitl has 10 assists In 3 games. Campbell needs to find his groove or you guys could spiral out of control
Old 10-20-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMac View Post
It's interesting to note Draisaitl has 10 assists In 3 games.
I'm seeing 5 assists in 3 games.... 10 would be really impressive.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:32 AM

Did they even get ten goals combined in 3 games?
Old 10-20-2022, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm seeing 5 assists in 3 games.... 10 would be really impressive.
Yeah, On NHL.com it said "stats for last 5 games". I didn't read that part, just seen 10 and thought it meant for the 4 games this season
Old 10-20-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
This thread

Feels so…..

Not genuine any more……
Lucic playing his 1100th game tonight......:

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-20-2022, 09:47 PM

huge win tonight boy's

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:51 PM

X2 !! Big for a few reasons for sure