Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 12:10 PM

Vladar into protocol today, I think that leaves Tkatchuk and Coleman that are without covid.

Just need an Oilers fan to Chime in and say Tkatchuk even managed to turtle covid!
Old 12-21-2021, 12:32 PM

Tkatchuck even managed to turtle covid.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:49 PM

Clearly the issue here is mouthguard sharing. No surprise there'd be some confusion. when they're all wearing one tooth versions.

The fact Turtles hasn't got it yet just shows that even covid has limits on how low it will go.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:52 PM

Clearly the issue here is mouthguard sharing. No surprise there'd be some confusion. when they're all wearing one tooth versions.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

The fact Turtles hasn't got it yet just shows that even covid has limits on how low it will go.
Yep I guess that is why there's not as many cases on the Soilers.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macee View Post
Yep I guess that is why there's not as many cases on the Soilers.
LMAO on that one!
Old 12-21-2021, 08:43 PM

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-a...away-1.5716183

Arena deal probably dead now....

My guess is Flames were bluffing but she went straight to the media, so now they probably will walk away.

I think she might be worse then the guy in Ottawa.

Anyone know how she voted on the arena deal originally?

I can't find it, but my guess is she voted against it.

found it looks like she voted yes, weird, I don't understand what she was trying to accomplish.
Arena deal PASSES 11-4
Magliocca yes
Gondek yes
Sutherland yes
Woolley no
Keating yes
Chahal no
Demong yes
Farkas no
Chu yes
Davison yes
Farrell no
Jones yes
Carra yes
Colley-Urquhart yes
Nenshi yes
Old 12-21-2021, 08:57 PM

As I understand it, the NHL's Covid protocol basically ensures that the Flames won't have any further disruptions for the majority of the remainder of the regular season. If you test positive, and get better, you don't have to be tested for the next 90 days unless you exhibit symptoms. As most current cases are asymptomatic, and guys are sitting at home feeling perfectly fine, there is little reason to believe they'll catch it again and start exhibiting symptom. Wish Chucky and Colman would test positive, with no ill affects of course, as sure as shooting they'll catch it as soon as play resumes, so the whole team will be good to go for the next 3 months.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
As I understand it, the NHL's Covid protocol basically ensures that the Flames won't have any further disruptions for the majority of the remainder of the regular season. If you test positive, and get better, you don't have to be tested for the next 90 days unless you exhibit symptoms. As most current cases are asymptomatic, and guys are sitting at home feeling perfectly fine, there is little reason to believe they'll catch it again and start exhibiting symptom. Wish Chucky and Colman would test positive, with no ill affects of course, as sure as shooting they'll catch it as soon as play resumes, so the whole team will be good to go for the next 3 months.
5 months….
Old 12-21-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-a...away-1.5716183

Arena deal probably dead now....

My guess is Flames were bluffing but she went straight to the media, so now they probably will walk away.

I think she might be worse then the guy in Ottawa.

Anyone know how she voted on the arena deal originally?

I can't find it, but my guess is she voted against it.

found it looks like she voted yes, weird, I don't understand what she was trying to accomplish.
Arena deal PASSES 11-4
Magliocca yes
Gondek yes
Sutherland yes
Woolley no
Keating yes
Chahal no
Demong yes
Farkas no
Chu yes
Davison yes
Farrell no
Jones yes
Carra yes
Colley-Urquhart yes
Nenshi yes
She supported the initial deal
Then, CSEC wanted to change the deal in July 2021.
She did not support this deal but it was passed.

Regardless, the facts are the new deal in July 2021 meant that CLMC was removed as the development manager and CSEC agreed to cover any future cost overruns for the arena project.

It seems that now they are refusing to pay those cost overruns.

My guess is that these new cost overruns are a red herring. The likelihood is that the whole arena now is going to cost a hell of a lot more than initially planned due to inflation.

The city were protected against this in the deal the CSEC argued for in July. The CSEC have now landed on the wrong side of this deal, and its cost them more money so they will use these new climate mitigation and road costs as a jumping off point, and blame the city and Gondek and idiots will eat it right up.

When all that is really happening here is a profitable private enterprise made what turned out to be a bad deal in July 2021, and is now arguing in bad faith to get out of it this deal, and will next try to hold the city hostage again in new negotiations by threatening leaving or accusing the city of being the bad actor.

I say let em walk. **** em.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The Quebec City Flames!

BW
Old 12-22-2021, 08:17 AM

I think if he ends up moving the team, it would likely be to the US. Assuming Arizona doesn't go to Houston, I suspect that would be his first choice. Unlikley he would pick Quebec.

Does it surprise anyone that this news came out just after the Alberta government added in the 50% restriction to attendance and no eating or drinking in your seats?

That is taking away 75% of his game revenue. The US was allowed to have fans sooner, and are still at full capacity on arena's. Everyone has to deal with Covid, but seems like the US is a lot more lax on the rules. So if you were going to move, why not move to a US city.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:50 AM

I think the old guys want to see if they can push a women around
I think the women wants to see if she can push the old guys around
no neutral ground here

That being said I noticed several homes being built in rural areas without basements because of the high cost of concrete
Old 12-22-2021, 09:26 AM

This is the most detailed article on the stalemate I have found so far.

https://flamesnation.ca/2021/12/21/c...al-over-costs/
Old 12-22-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
I think if he ends up moving the team, it would likely be to the US. Assuming Arizona doesn't go to Houston, I suspect that would be his first choice. Unlikley he would pick Quebec.

Does it surprise anyone that this news came out just after the Alberta government added in the 50% restriction to attendance and no eating or drinking in your seats?

That is taking away 75% of his game revenue. The US was allowed to have fans sooner, and are still at full capacity on arena's. Everyone has to deal with Covid, but seems like the US is a lot more lax on the rules. So if you were going to move, why not move to a US city.
Heard Atlanta is looking for a team...seems like a nostalgic fit.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:13 AM

LOL may remind you we still have an arena to play in. I don't think the team is going anywhere, much to Oil fans dismay.
Looks to me like she is piling on her climate crusade and wants the Flames to foot the bill by changing the deal, and Edwards is playing hardball. She probably assumed since it was only 1.5% he wouldn't care. Wrong
Old 12-22-2021, 11:49 AM

Just found this out.
Looks like the city is considering economical redesigns of the Saddle Dome

I vote for this…

Make sure they change their Jersies to brown and make the team always warm up skate in a clockwise formation……

Heh…..
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-22-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Just found this out.
Looks like the city is considering economical redesigns of the Saddle Dome

I vote for this…

LOL...coffee everywhere... Could call it the toilet bowl!

BW
Old 12-22-2021, 11:57 AM

Capitol like water flows to where there is least resistance. Where money 💰 is appreciated.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:09 PM

Bessie....friends off.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-22-2021, 12:14 PM

Wut…….?

Old 12-22-2021, 12:24 PM

Angry

Don't you 'wut' me, Potty Mouth.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-22-2021, 12:37 PM

You tell ‘em! Don’t think Bessie is going to get his package I’ve been hanging on to from something he bought here. Maybe it should repost him and let him buy it again 😆
Old 12-22-2021, 12:42 PM

Ah cmon Pixel!

I need dem goose bags.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
You tell ‘em! Don’t think Bessie is going to get his package I’ve been hanging on to from something he bought here. Maybe it should repost him and let him buy it again 😆
Shag that. I know where you live. And Bessie was a cat burglar before he became a teacher! Oiler fans gotta stay tight.

Bessie, the brown uniforms would be a helluva improvement over the Ronald Macdonald ones.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:45 PM

This is how 99% of Flames fans have a bath anyhow, so they will feel right at home.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2021, 12:51 PM

Santa is going to be bringing you something for Christmas, and it rhymes with Schmidt.

Oilers farty fans.

Old 12-22-2021, 12:55 PM

We tried pairing another German up wit Drai…

Didn’t work….

Keep your gift…. But it’s nice to be thoughtful!

Bet there’s no shortage of washrooms after the upgrade…!

What WOULD one throw ontto the ice after ‘potting’ three goals

….. they could call it a ‘shattrick’

… sorry mods if that word was bad…. I get carried away in the creative process…
Old 12-22-2021, 01:18 PM

You are so on Santa's Schmidt list Bessie. You'll be lucky if he doesn't light your package on fire. After he puts it under your tree. The tree you naked humped.

Hmmmmph.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:26 PM

Well the Flames side of the story sure sounds a lot different then the Mayors side of the story...

Will be interesting to see what the mayor has to say, looks like she has delayed her 1pm to listen to the flames first.

Sounds like the Flames had taken on significant increased costs already and were prepared to pay all of those extra costs.

What they were not prepared to pay was the right of way costs and the climate(Solar panels) that the city wanted to add, when apparently their original negotiation the city told them not to include those costs.

Also apparently there was an out clause for either side to walk away before they broke ground. The deadline for that was December 23rd, and apparently the Flames were working with the city to get this done, or make a joint announcement on the 23rd.

Guess we see where this goes, but I can tell you this Mayor is not winning any favor with me. First she announces a climate crises, then she tries to send our city funds to Quebec to fight their laws. Then comes out an announces the end of this deal that was in the works for years before she took power.

Has she done anything worthwhile yet?
Closed Thread