Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Wow...guess again.

Granted...to me it's benign...but to you and your religion it should be thought of as Earth's kryptonite.
You're correct, the production of concrete is a huge CO2 producer. Guess how wells are capped? Guess how wells are finished? I would suspect significantly more concrete is used in well production than is every used for a base of a wind turbine, and there will always be less turbines than oil/gas wells.

So, no one technology is perfect, but perfect is the enemy of good. Wind turbines and solar panels are better than O&G production and use when it comes to our environment, but they are not perfect. You can try and pick the flyspecks out of the pepper all you want on this issue, but in the end, alternatives win.

I suspect you are well aware that electricity is used in making metals. Now, work is being done on making that the primary method for making steel.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-electricity/

That electricity can come from the alternatives, not carbon based, plants. I know you may not like the fact that the world is moving that way, but it is, and much, much faster than many of us, including me, had ever expected.

Want more proof? Tesla is coming out in September with a prototype electrical semi truck. Which is self driving. That is going to have a huge impact not only on carbon emissions (20% of US emissions is estimated to come from semis), but it will negatively affect a ton of jobs, up to 2% of the US labor force.

The changes are real and coming quickly. It is how we in Alberta adapt that becomes important.

Even if more wells are to be drilled, the new rigs need much less personal than before the bust. Some of the new ones need as few as three people to drill. That is a significant impact on us right here.

The patch will adapt, but it won't mean more jobs necessarily. Companies do not see a return to high prices, so they need to reduce costs. Labor is the big one that can be altered.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...tion-1.4004855

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ome-expendable
Old 06-07-2017, 06:33 PM

We breathe out CO2. I think these climate thumpers should all hold their breathe; which would save the planet, my ears, and my money.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Banned

OMG Obamamamamamama was in Montreal speaking yesterday!

Who in the heck invited him? Let me guess it was our wet paper towel leader called "In the immortal words of trophybook", Truedope did!

I was just getting used to not seeing him anymore! Truedope is ruining my joy and bliss!

Obama is a scourge that should be exercised, same as Truedope.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
OMG Obamamamamamama was in Montreal speaking yesterday!

Who in the heck invited him? Let me guess it was our wet paper towel leader called "In the immortal words of trophybook", Truedope did!

I was just getting used to not seeing him anymore! Truedope is ruining my joy and bliss!

Obama is a scourge that should be exercised, same as Truedope.
Not sure if you actually meant exercised, but seeing it was your choice of word, you may want to consider who needs the exercise.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

Burrrraccckkkkkk Husien's Wife

Trump's Wife

Guess who the winner is? lol
Old 06-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Banned

Old 06-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Banned

Just in case you missed my question alta270

Who is the winner???

If you picked Burrrrrrruckkkkkkkkk Huisen, you are outing yourself and now we all know you are a female, feminist. Not that there is anything wrong with that!
Old 06-07-2017, 08:24 PM

On that note
Closed Thread