Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2022, 05:32 PM

Jack Meet was on the radio this am, between him and Raquel, the hand wringing, lol. The PM must do something.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-01-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Jack Meet was on the radio this am, between him and Raquel, the hand wringing, lol. The PM must do something.
I'm sure one part of her is curious about Danielles proposed changes on what federal laws to follow, cuz if the NDP win the next election it will be her cabinet that will get to decide what laws are appropriate for her Alberta. Many that think this is a good idea would be apoplectic if it was Notlely and her cabinet controlled that much power, and there's a good chance of that happening.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I'm sure one part of her is curious about Danielles proposed changes on what federal laws to follow, cuz if the NDP win the next election it will be her cabinet that will get to decide what laws are appropriate for her Alberta. Many that think this is a good idea would be apoplectic if it was Notlely and her cabinet controlled that much power, and there's a good chance of that happening.
Good call ...we're screwed either way ...
Old 12-01-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
There is plenty of hate for the NDP and I don’t think Smith and the UPC have hit that level of distain. This Alberta not BC

Anything is possible and abuse is possible but doing nothing isn’t getting results either.

I am not going to speculate about the sovereignty act without actually details of the act. It could be full of nothing but toothless posturing. It could be a complete nightmare. There is also possibly it is well thought out to prevent future abuse of the act

Not a Smith fan but she is proving to be more intelligent than I originally assumed so I will wait until I see all the details of the act before I lay judgement
Old 12-01-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know where you see all this power. It is a simple matter of the feds taking the province to court if they don't like what Alberta chooses not to follow. The court will decide if the feds overstepped their mandate. Pretty simple really.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-01-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I don't know where you see all this power. It is a simple matter of the feds taking the province to court if they don't like what Alberta chooses not to follow. The court will decide if the feds overstepped their mandate. Pretty simple really.
Then again, the notwithstanding clause has been used recently, and not just by Quebec.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Then again, the notwithstanding clause has been used recently, and not just by Quebec.
The problem is the Libs, NDP and the Trudeau, Singh coalition in particular find the law to be a hinderance to their work and ideology, so they just make up stuff as they go. So I support anyone that just says no.

Thomas Sowell