Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

Mule, I thought I saw the oilers in 8th. But perhaps there was a late game not reported.

As for tonight.

YAHOOOOOOOO

What a way to end 2008. Talk abgout timely goaltending. Lots of goals but lots of massive super duper leather flashing saves. Ed could have reallu used a point or 2.. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I couldnt help but notice Ed seems a little timid and afraid of being hit. Anyone else notice that?

Jamie
Old 01-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Just got home from the game, it was sure entertaining. As was the Sport Chek zone - go figure Battle of Alberta + New Years Eve + beer = rowdy area. Too bad I didn't really get to see the Junior game. It was on the screen before the Flames game, but was tough to see.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:13 AM

your hallucinating James go to youtube and see the beat down Struds gave Ciccaro (sic) the Phoenix tough guy. The team plays as physical as its opponent. If we hadnt been jobbed on our 4th goal it may have ended different. But Im not really worried as I predict we will be sittn 6th by All star game. On a positive note if Souray keeps his pace hell pot 26 goals if he can stay health *cough* Norris *cough* I didnt see much of the game I was fighting for my well being tonite..literally, beer+drunks+big sugar/trews = GONG SHOW at one time we had around 30 cops all helping it was crazy
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 AM

What do you mean by "jobbed on our 4th goal"? I am guessing you are referring to him shovelling it over kipper with his glove. By any nhl rule book that is ILLEGAL and therefore should not count. The one BS play was gagner's "trip" on regher on the icing race. Don't give me the bs about how he is a saint and would never intentionally do that. He knew for sure regehr was vulnerable going in that way and he made no stretch for the puck and went straight for the skates. Dirty play no matter who you are. Should be suspended IMHO. Those races are dangerous and no touch icing should be implemented. How many players need to be injured before they wake up. And why refer to a fight in another game to counter Jamies comment on this game? The flames took it to them physically and definetly won that battle. my$.02
Old 01-01-2009, 06:59 AM

Good game last night,Iginla was a power house as usual.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
your hallucinating James go to youtube and see the beat down Struds gave Ciccaro (sic) the Phoenix tough guy. The team plays as physical as its opponent. If we hadnt been jobbed on our 4th goal it may have ended different. But Im not really worried as I predict we will be sittn 6th by All star game. On a positive note if Souray keeps his pace hell pot 26 goals if he can stay health *cough* Norris *cough* I didnt see much of the game I was fighting for my well being tonite..literally, beer+drunks+big sugar/trews = GONG SHOW at one time we had around 30 cops all helping it was crazy

If I can find the replay, I will post it. But one play in particular really sticks in my mind.

Conroy was headed behing your net and your D-man had the puck he saw conroy comming and overly prepared himself for the hit. Conroy, ignored the possibilty of hitting him and took the puck only to have Iggy score a few moments later.
Your Dman was to busy cringing awaiting a beat down to worry about the puck.

Ed will not be in 6th place. They might be in 8th.

Jamie
Old 01-01-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
What do you mean by "jobbed on our 4th goal"? I am guessing you are referring to him shovelling it over kipper with his glove. By any nhl rule book that is ILLEGAL and therefore should not count. The one BS play was gagner's "trip" on regher on the icing race. Don't give me the bs about how he is a saint and would never intentionally do that. He knew for sure regehr was vulnerable going in that way and he made no stretch for the puck and went straight for the skates. Dirty play no matter who you are. Should be suspended IMHO. Those races are dangerous and no touch icing should be implemented. How many players need to be injured before they wake up. And why refer to a fight in another game to counter Jamies comment on this game? The flames took it to them physically and definetly won that battle. my$.02
LOL probably because as I stated I didnt get to watch most of the game as I was working, he made a generality so I responded in same. As for the Gagners trip didnt see it, but of course it had to be dirty unlike any hit Regher pulled last year on Hemmer....agree no touch icing has to be implemented.....but dont get to high on your team as we have a ton of hockey left and yesterday was the first time you beat the OIL this season. And James we already have bets but again we will be in 6 th by the all=star pal......
Old 01-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Anyone watching the outdoors New Years Day Classic? Man I'd love to be at that one in Wrigley.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

Calgary is on a roll!!
Winning the games they should win, is the first step to becomeing a really good team.

Trying for 6 in a row tonight.

GO FLAMES GO!!

Jamie
Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Calgary is on a roll!!
Winning the games they should win, is the first step to becomeing a really good team.

Trying for 6 in a row tonight.

GO FLAMES GO!!

Jamie
Ah the kiss of death...Jamie and predictions....

Hawks win in a laugher.......
Old 01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Bad game so far for my Flames..

Kannon. You have to make sure you mark this date down.
It looks like you are going to be correct. Since you were WRONG WRONG WRONG about most everything in 2008, I suppose this is well worth remembering

Down 4-1 against a good team.. YIKES.. I dont like our chances.

Jamie
Old 01-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:

It looks like you are going to be correct. Since you were WRONG WRONG WRONG about most everything in 2008, I suppose this is well worth remembering

Jamie
thanks for the recognition . go hawks go.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:

Jamie
Well you don't win many games when your out muscled. outhit and outscored. I should know Im an Oilers fan... but your team looked awful..NICE TO SEE
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Funniest fight ever haha. I never even knew Semin had got into a fight until today haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_yds...eature=related
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 PM

Yay we beat the worst team in the NHL ...... go OIL!!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post
Funniest fight ever haha. I never even knew Semin had got into a fight until today haha.

Semin got a little slap happy. That was brutal. Maybe he and Crosby should drop the mitts.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Yay we beat the worst team in the NHL ...... go OIL!!
I'll take the 2 points
Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post

I swear you can hear Semin yelling "I'll scratch your eyes out!"
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned

Great comeback from a lousy game.

Good to see them beating the best.

Jamie
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 AM

Anyone else suffereing from this syndrome? After the World Juniors I just don't find the NHL very interesting right now... hope the feeling comes back, but sheesh....
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 AM

Another good night for us Flames fans, the OIL and NUCKS and DUCKS all losers tonight, it don't get any easier for the NUCKS tomorrow the play the SHARKS maybe their new guy (whats his name again) will show the SHARKS how it's done
Old 01-14-2009, 04:49 PM

YAY both the Oil and Shames won...maybe we can bicker over this battle instead.....
Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 PM

C'mon Shames ? they have nothing to be ashamed of this year, I think alot teams still think Calgary is a one line team with Iginla, they are proving otherwise big time this year. Anyways for the first time in my life I would love to see all 3 Western Canadian teams make the playoffs this year, especially with Ottawa and Toronto going no where, it would be fun..
Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 PM

For just my third day off since the end of November, I took Mrs Tree and the Shrubs to the Flames Super Skills event. It was alot of fun.

Packed house with about 14,000 in attendance.

For the second year in a row, Kipper sat out.

Andre Roy was fantastic and entertaining. Suprisingly great hands on a couple of moves in the breakaway shootout. Also was the hardest shot leader until Aucoin took it.

VERY class act by Aucoin after winning the event. While being interviewed on the jumbotron, he held up his wooden stick, and said, (paraphrasing) "Parents, don't get caught up in the hype........ This is a $30 stick!" Very cool.

I can't believe we got rid of Glencross. Good show and won the fastest skater over Lombardi by almost half a second.

Michael Backlund is a looonngggg way away IMHO!

Phaneuf was brutal in the hardest shot. Iggy was brutal in the accuracy.

Anyway, it was quite interesting. Some of the 'bit players' have alot more skill than you would think. Observing this, along with their play of late, I really think that they are going to have an awesome second half, and a playoffs with great potential........

.........and this is from an Oil fan!

Tree
Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
For just my third day off since the end of November, I took Mrs Tree and the Shrubs to the Flames Super Skills event. It was alot of fun.

Packed house with about 14,000 in attendance.

For the second year in a row, Kipper sat out.

Andre Roy was fantastic and entertaining. Suprisingly great hands on a couple of moves in the breakaway shootout. Also was the hardest shot leader until Aucoin took it.

VERY class act by Aucoin after winning the event. While being interviewed on the jumbotron, he held up his wooden stick, and said, (paraphrasing) "Parents, don't get caught up in the hype........ This is a $30 stick!" Very cool.

I can't believe we got rid of Glencross. Good show and won the fastest skater over Lombardi by almost half a second.

Michael Backlund is a looonngggg way away IMHO!

Phaneuf was brutal in the hardest shot. Iggy was brutal in the accuracy.

Anyway, it was quite interesting. Some of the 'bit players' have alot more skill than you would think. Observing this, along with their play of late, I really think that they are going to have an awesome second half, and a playoffs with great potential........

.........and this is from an Oil fan!

Tree
Gonna have to check out that skills comp. one of these years it would be cool to see those guy's relaxed havin some fun, ya I'm not sure what's going on after 30 years of being a Flames ONLY fan I want the oilers and nucks to do well, I've noticed alot of that from oiler fans cheering the Flames to,wierd, I guess time heal's old wounds, Western Solidarity Rules ! Go Flames Go
Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 PM

If an Oilfan is cheering for the Shames look carefully for a lobotomy scar..chances are he's lost most of his brain.

Does he reminisce about the '88 Olympics, wear a Lanny MacDonald type mustache? Think Ed Whalen is the voice of GOD? Talk about the Red Mile like it's unique? IF so YOU may have a Shames fan....DO NOT panic...they are easily rid of. Simply add another dose of first round play off exit with an equal part bandwagon fan and viola in no time your SHAMES Fan will put his brand new Flame Snortn Donkey Jersey back into his closet next too his once a year Rod-E-O wranglers, Garth Brooks Shirt and Straw hat.....the SHAME fan is no more!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
If an Oilfan is cheering for the Shames look carefully for a lobotomy scar..chances are he's lost most of his brain.

Does he reminisce about the '88 Olympics, wear a Lanny MacDonald type mustache? Think Ed Whalen is the voice of GOD? Talk about the Red Mile like it's unique? IF so YOU may have a Shames fan....DO NOT panic...they are easily rid of. Simply add another dose of first round play off exit with an equal part bandwagon fan and viola in no time your SHAMES Fan will put his brand new Flame Snortn Donkey Jersey back into his closet next too his once a year Rod-E-O wranglers, Garth Brooks Shirt and Straw hat.....the SHAME fan is no more!!!!

Can't forget the old Corral, now that place rocked on game night, 7000 in there was louder than 19,000 in the dome.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 PM

LOL yea it stunk like an old Corral too........
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned

Kanon.....
The jealousy is just outstanding.

Ed Whalen was a GOD
Lanny was and always be cool
The reason we reminisce about the 88 Olympics is because we CAN!! Everyone knows it was the most successful Olympics ever. And it will be until we get the next one. (Think 2030 or 2026) Oh how did your Track and field thing go over. I remember being upset over the fact EDMONTON did such a silly job of it that the European papers humiliated Alberta.
The Snortin STALLION.. Well I am not sure who came up with that one. Kind of like your 3rd jersey of old. Mcfarlene should stick to comic books
As for the cowboy gear.. Well thats the uniform of Calgary. You see we have this little get together called the CALGARY STAMPEDE. Edmonton has something similar. But yet they celebrate some gold rush that never actually happened to that town. Also in case you hadn’t noticed.. Klondike day (or is it days??) is just a bit smaller. Something like 1.2 Million people compared to 200 thousand. LOLOL
As for the Corral. Perhaps one of the best museums of sports history. Seriously take a walk around the concourse.

Jamie
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 PM

Default Calgary class

Yeah, I remember Calgary very well, great class.
In the 80s I went to a Labor day CFL game, one of your classy men held up a bed sheet that read what color our QB mother was (Damon Allen), that she was having sex (F******) and was a female dog.
PURE CLASS

remember Jamie, This is a hockey thread. want to bash cities, start a new thread

Last edited by GPBuzz; 01-14-2009 at 11:02 PM.