Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I did not vote for her.
Well, ya get to dig that tag line out of the trash bin and reuse it, eh?
Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Absolutely. If we want schools to house our kids we have to pay for them. If we want hospitals and staff to reduce wait times we have to pay for them. If costs dictate we are not currently covering the bill then we pay. Nothing in life is free.
So you are ok with more taxes eh

How about spending cuts first.

How about wage cuts for our govt officials.

How about letting us know where all our taxes are really going and how much is actually collected. How much revenue is created thru lotteries and fines?

you have a strange and unlikeable set of values elkster !!!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
NDP winning almost everywhere.

Everyone leave the province in protest !!!!!!
Yes, yes, quit whining and go, and take your buddies with you! Please!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Snarer View Post
Yes, yes, quit whining and go, and take your buddies with you! Please!
You are the first person Im coming to pick up
Old 05-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Honestly I think if they could get away with it they would use the military to get back their party back on top. And not see anything wrong with that... Because they are saving democracy LOL

The peons don't know anything I'm hardly surprised at the attitude. I've heard the same drivel repeatedly in lunchrooms across the land. Lots of know it all's who think they are gods gift to the world. Their work is more important. Their issues should be everyone's top priority. Everyone else is stupid. Great recipe for success.
Wonder why the NDP platform and candidate biographies has been removed from their web site??????
Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Wonder why the NDP platform and candidate biographies has been removed from their web site??????
I was just about to post the same thing.

The website has changed - not even a link to the platform.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wipe away the evidence already.

1st tactic of criminal minds.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
So you are hoping for failure. What a great ABer you are.
I'm not hoping for failure far from it. My parents came to Canada to start a new life not for them but to give me a opportunity of getting a better life for my self. My parents started from nothing and to this day I still remember by mom worrying about where our next meal will come from. My dad got a job as a welder and would after work cleaned offices with my mom. At one point my brother and I would help.

So i know what its like to clean someone else toilet and work your way up. IF YOU WANT TO BETTER YOURSELF

I lived for a year in a new low income housing and we moved out fast. So i know the people who life there don't have any motivation to contribute into society because he is perfectly happy doing *****-all all day and just collect money from the government while driving a BMW.

So excuse me for being so *****en bitter with government handout and equality.

I want to hunt but until I save enough to buy a gun I'm happy browsing the forums here day dreaming about going out hunting and enjoying every ones pictures while over time right now.

Hey maybe now I should ask the government for money so I can go hunting.

So no I not hoping for failure but I know the difference between ideology and earning/ working for something
Old 05-06-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
So you are ok with more taxes eh

How about spending cuts first.

How about wage cuts for our govt officials.

How about letting us know where all our taxes are really going and how much is actually collected. How much revenue is created thru lotteries and fines?

you have a strange and unlikeable set of values elkster !!!
And how do you know she won't make any cuts or do any streamlining. Short answer...you don't. Assuming the worst does nothing for anyone. NDP have traditionally been supportive of front line workers NOT middle management.

The accounting numbers are public record. Go look for them if you want the detail. This isn't some secret conspiracy. If you care that much then take the time to crunch the numbers. There is a perception that 90% of gov't spending goes to waste in the form of middle management do nothings and that is complete BS. A lions share of monies still goes to skilled front line workers just doing their job like everyone else. If you crunch the numbers I'm sure that will become clear. Is there some lazy folks and some waste in a big gov't organization. Absolutely. Like with every big business in AB. I've heard all kinds of stories about the oilsands and hey can you believe it, that is private enterprise. How could that be? That is no reason to put the screws to the whole system going in like a bull in a china shop cutting them to the bone and ultimately hurting us and our kids. A majority of money is still going to front line workers that are contributing to society we all benefit from.

Any cuts to needless bureaucracy as good as that may be is not going to come close to closing a 7 BILLION dollar shortfall. That is just a hard reality that people just don't want to see because it means opening up the wallet. Easier to create a monster they can lash out at.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
They were removed as soon as the election was over. I tried going on their web site when i heard the results.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:56 AM

Hopefully all the people making rash assumptions and blaming the NDP for stuff that hasn't even happened will simply leave.

I didn't vote NDP, but some people on here are simply being ridiculous. Blaming the NDP for a lower stock market, some hoard of mysterious taxes that they can't name or back up with facts, apparently the NDP will be knocking on my door to take my guns even though it's a federal thing and all the O&G companies will be leaving Alberta for either Ontario where the corporate tax rate is 0.5% lower or for BC where it is 1% lower.

Where do people come up with this?
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
They were removed as soon as the election was over. I tried going on their web site when i heard the results.
Yep, I noticed that too. Isn't there some way to get that stuff off the internet somewhere even though it's "gone"? Gotta wonder why they did that.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Well, ya get to dig that tag line out of the trash bin and reuse it, eh?
Reduce, re-use and recycle. I can get with the times Oko.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
I'm not hoping for failure far from it. My parents came to Canada to start a new life not for them but to give me a opportunity of getting a better life for my self. My parents started from nothing and to this day I still remember by mom worrying about where our next meal will come from. My dad got a job as a welder and would after work cleaned offices with my mom. At one point my brother and I would help.

So i know what its like to clean someone else toilet and work your way up. IF YOU WANT TO BETTER YOURSELF

I lived for a year in a new low income housing and we moved out fast. So i know the people who life there don't have any motivation to contribute into society because he is perfectly happy doing *****-all all day and just collect money from the government while driving a BMW.

So excuse me for being so *****en bitter with government handout and equality.

I want to hunt but until I save enough to buy a gun I'm happy browsing the forums here day dreaming about going out hunting and enjoying every ones pictures while over time right now.

Hey maybe now I should ask the government for money so I can go hunting.

So no I not hoping for failure but I know the difference between ideology and earning/ working for something
So you are admitting that you benefitted from public housing. Good to know. Many private and public workers struggled up the chain just like you and I. That doesn't make us hero's or special. That is just part of life. Sure there are lazy people out there. The numbers are greatly exaggerated by the right however. Whilst its makes for a good lunchroom rant. Fixating on a few schmucks and a very small portion of the budget is not constructive. Regardless of the unfounded garbage spewed here most people that voted NDP are gainfully employed and contributing to society and just want to see a balanced and compassionate society. Social programs that you rile against make up a small fraction of gov't expenditures and also do indeed help many people that do need a hand up (like yourself) through various unfortunate circumstances. Kids don't choose abuse parents for instance.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Hopefully all the people making rash assumptions and blaming the NDP for stuff that hasn't even happened will simply leave.

I didn't vote NDP, but some people on here are simply being ridiculous. Blaming the NDP for a lower stock market, some hoard of mysterious taxes that they can't name or back up with facts, apparently the NDP will be knocking on my door to take my guns even though it's a federal thing and all the O&G companies will be leaving Alberta for either Ontario where the corporate tax rate is 0.5% lower or for BC where it is 1% lower.

I'm not the only one talking about lower markets thanks to the NDP. Globe and Mail this morning. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle24281179/
Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Yep, I noticed that too. Isn't there some way to get that stuff off the internet somewhere even though it's "gone"? Gotta wonder why they did that.
couldn't have anything to do with the fact that when she names her cabinet she doesn't want anyone to check on how long the doofus has before he/she finishes University?????
Old 05-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post

Please post this again in a year.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Banned

What happened in Ontario when coal generated electricity was banned?

Anyone remember?
Old 05-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Please post this again in a year.
Or a couple weeks.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
What happened in Ontario when coal generated electricity was banned?

Anyone remember?
Planet was saved, free electricity for the poor, and unicorns made a comeback from extinction.

What do I win?
Old 05-06-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
couldn't have anything to do with the fact that when she names her cabinet she doesn't want anyone to check on how long the doofus has before he/she finishes University?????
https://web.archive.org/web/20150506...tform_2015.pdf
Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
The Herald listed a few candidates today, while I don't doubt that some of these people are well intentioned and smart, they are going to run the province? I see dark days ahead. I really do hope I am wrong though.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 PM

I didn't even think of a an environmental policy where they may force you to replace you vehicle every couple years. Even more money out of pocket considering I buy old beaters and drive'em till they die. People really have no idea what they've done. Gonna be sad when we see the voters remorse come out in a year or two.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:17 PM

I am all for severe cuts before taxes go up.

Cut, cut, cut.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
Awesome...thanks. Saved to my desktop.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:30 PM

Well, I just got an email from a young guy. He had a secure job, long term career track (he thought). Everything was looking good, but got called in this morning and told he's now laid off due to uncertainty that wasn't there yesterday .

He and his wife just bought a house too. There will be more .
Old 05-06-2015, 12:38 PM

I feel much better knowing these people will help run a province...
Old 05-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I feel much better knowing these people will help run a province...

I GUN B SICK !!!!!!!

Pure trash
Old 05-06-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Awesome...thanks. Saved to my desktop.
Link is dead...
Old 05-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Banned

Closed Thread