Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Here's some reading for you, BeeGuy and GUST. I hope you can comprehend it.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf
Why will the US have 30000+/- firearms deaths this year and canada will have less than 1000+/- total homicides . ???? Canada at 1 /10 poulation should by your report have 3000 firearm deaths . Which happily it will not cause in reality only scared folks carry weapons to protect them selvez. I can carry, a bat ,a knife of any size if openly , a hammer, darts and a myraid of others ... but no ones asking for them , which in reality in a large portion of self defence incedents would be far more effective if the three meter scenarios hold true and hay a guy pulls a knife at 25 ' is a dolt and should be laughed at .
Old 04-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
No doubt with nearly 50% of firearms owners holding criminal records . What are the protecting them selves from other wise ???? Roughly 25× more lightly to die from a gun shot in AZ than canada. How can that be ??? If what you say is correct
I game it you have something to back this up? I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.

Sorry for the late response I was busy selling a car and I usually don't even bother to read what you responses are anyway. But I didn't want to think I was ignoring you. I will be from now on though.

I think the big billy goat is about to cross the bridge.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
I game it you have something to back this up? I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.

Sorry for the late response I was busy selling a car and I usually don't even bother to read what you responses are anyway. But I didn't want to think I was ignoring you. I will be from now on though.

I think the big billy goat is about to cross the bridge.
Well then I wont waste my time past this read BB&Gusts links .
Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why will the US have 30000+/- firearms deaths this year and canada will have less than 1000+/- total homicides . ???? Canada at 1 /10 poulation should by your report have 3000 firearm deaths . Which happily it will not cause in reality only scared folks carry weapons to protect them selvez. I can carry, a bat ,a knife of any size if openly , a hammer, darts and a myraid of others ... but no ones asking for them , which in reality in a large portion of self defence incedents would be far more effective if the three meter scenarios hold true and hay a guy pulls a knife at 25 ' is a dolt and should be laughed at .
If that many people are getting shot to death, I definitely need to get a gun to protect myself.

Shoot first!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
If that many people are getting shot to death, I definitely need to get a gun to protect myself.

Shoot first!
Weird how that workx eh, do not under any circumstance throw popcorn .
Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Weird how that workx eh, do not under any circumstance throw popcorn .
I have common sense. If someone threw snacks at me, I would flash my piece to let them know that I only want licorice.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't think you would read past the title without dismissing it and sticking with your over simplistic reasoning.
Only interested in arguing your narrow point of view and not learning anything.

Afraid of guns and critical thinking.

Too bad.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Banned

No one here is afraid of guns.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
I didn't think you would read past the title without dismissing it and sticking with your over simplistic reasoning.

Too bad.
No I am still trying to get through the rather dry report .
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Too bad.
When ones argument consists of nothing more than personal attacks, one must recognize that they have been defeated...handily.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Dont take away there insult B. Wanting some form of reasonable acess is fear B .
Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Dont take away there insult B. Wanting some form of reasonable acess is fear B .
you two are so cute together.......
Old 04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
probably something you have never heard about yourself.

I appreciate the compliment though.

FG is only cute in his dog chewed rabbit hat.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe not, but I definitely get the impression that some are afraid of anyone else with guns.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
Yes, of course this is the solution....

Lets get a bunch of people who aspired to teach young minds when they enrolled in university as acedemically high achieving students to become teachers in the future..... Lets take these academic pencil pushing mind nurturing people and give them a 1-2week crash course on handgun use.

Lets have these inexpireinced individuals pack handguns while they teach six year olds how to count while singing old macdonald had a barn.

These expert marksmen could use their skills with handguns to have gunfights with kids all over the place.

It is fairly obvious the more peolle that can enter a gunfight the better, more bullets and guns shooting should result in less injuries especially if the participants in said gunfights have no experience.

More guns equals more nimrods shooting.

Most people yapping about ccw are just a bunch of armchair internet cowboys, lol
Fear mongering at its finest.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
If you only knew what an effective team is comprized of . It makes a big difference when you have stood and fished with a fella. Pm old B not many drag 6' sleds full to bursting to his spots.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Maybe not, but I definitely get the impression that some are afraid of anyone else with guns.
It is clear from the arguments put forth here, that the only people who have fear are those that think they need a firearm on their person in public places in Canada.

I am not afraid of firearms, and I am also not afraid of the boogie man.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you only knew what an effective team is comprized of . It makes a big difference when you have stood and fished with a fella. Pm old B not many drag 6' sleds full to bursting to his spots.
We got a handful of bows and rockies today. Beauty day on the lake.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Criminals will carry at any location regardless of the law. You say you love the ability to acquire a gun here and hunt, yet there are others hunting at the same time as you carrying a firearm. Do they fall into the "wing nut" category that scares you so much?

I hope you never set foot in Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Utah or a whole other list of US states. You'd be scared out of your mind.
I guess I just don't bump into many of those criminals so it does not worry me much what they are carrying and even if our paths crossed I doubt my brandishing my Colt All Dirty Harry Style would be helpful. Neither do I fear hunters. Figure if I get shot by a hunter it is because of an accident and I accept statistically I am more likely to die on the drive to my hunt.

I did live and work in Africa for a number of years and in a couple of spots for a short period of time I carried a gun (at least in my vehicle and home.) It made me more uncomfortable and fearful and I chose to relocate to more secure places, eventually arriving here.

Its a good place to live and there is much more balance and freedom than most Canadians realize IMO. Every nation has a cultural uniqueness and within that specific cultural dynamics that develop unique characteristics. There are places in the world that life is valued less and you are right, the USA is one of them and I don't want to live there.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust;
Question; how many times do you wish that you had a gun handy? and how did you manage the situation otherwise?

burgle told us his situation,, any others out there?
When I was in my early 20's, driving in Edmonton, I was cut off by some morons such that I had to hit the brakes hard to avoid an accident. These idiits were cutting in and out of lanes. As it so happened, I came along side them, and showed them the finger. Well, they cut me off again and then stopped in front of me, blocking me in.

I got out of the car and out their car buzzed 4 angry hornets. These little inbred red-blearry eyed fatherless guys all were going to go at me. I asked "is this how it going to be...4 against one...and from indications that didn't seem to bother them.

I can hold my own quite well one on one, two on one, I'm going to get some bruises but still like my odds, 3 against 1 and I'm going to need to do drastic moves that involve intent to kill in defense, 4 on 1 is a bit too much without an equalizer.

I backed up, reached behind the seat and grabbed a 1/2 inch racket wrench.
I didn't care for the situation, but now I had an equalizer....and it was going to be used to it fullest extent. Now I'd bet on my side.

The leader of this fatherless group of little hornets, glared and stared, but they didn't dare engage. Cause who really wants a wrench sided skull divot. They decided they didn't like their odds, reluctantly got in their car and left.

Now if they had knives on them, I'm sure they would have thought the odds were in their favour. Their culture is one of not backing down and loosing face is the worst thing for them. So I'm sure my wrench wouldn't have deterred them.

Now if they had knives, I'd have needed to show them me unclipping my holster to deter them.

And im sure the anti crowd will say "If they had guns, then what?" Well defense is 2 to 1 or better odds against attack. In otherwords, you need to accept 2 loses of life for 1 of the enemy's when your attacking. And worst the more defensive the position is. So if these inbreds had guns as well......well they would need to accept their loses to save face.

A gun on my hip would have been a much better equalizer.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
When I was in my early 20's, driving in Edmonton, I was cut off by some morons such that I had to hit the brakes hard to avoid an accident. These idiits were cutting in and out of lanes. As it so happened, I came along side them, and showed them the finger. Well, they cut me off again and then stopped in front of me, blocking me in.

I got out of the car and out their car buzzed 4 angry hornets. These little inbred red-blearry eyed fatherless guys all were going to go at me. I asked "is this how it going to be...4 against one...and from indications that didn't seem to bother them.

I can hold my own quite well one on one, two on one, I'm going to get some bruises but still like my odds, 3 against 1 and I'm going to need to do drastic moves that involve intent to kill in defense, 4 on 1 is a bit too much without an equalizer.

I backed up, reached behind the seat and grabbed a 1/2 inch racket wrench.
I didn't care for the situation, but now I had an equalizer....and it was going to be used to it fullest extent. Now I'd bet on my side.

The leader of this fatherless group of little hornets, glared and stared, but they didn't dare engage. Cause who really wants a wrench sided skull divot. They decided they didn't like their odds, hit in their car and left.

Now if they had knives on them, I'm sure they would have thought the odds were in their favour. Their culture is one of not backing down and loosing face is the worst thing for them. So I'm sure my wrench wouldn't have deterred them.

Now if they had knives, I'd have needed to show them me unclipping my holster to deter them.

And im sure the anti crowd will say "If they had guns, then what?" Well defense is 2 to 1 or better odds against attack. In otherwords, you need to accept 2 loses of life for 1 of the enemy's when your attacking. And worst the more defensive the position is. So if these inbreds had guns as well......well they would need to accept their loses to save face.

A gun on my hip would have been a much better equalizer.
You might be the toughest guy on the internet.

EVER.

How about this...?

We see people do stupid things on the roads everyday. You flipped them the bird, and then got out of your vehicle for what purpose?

What would GZ do?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:08 PM

I've also been in situation where a 1 on 1 scuffle turned into 12 on 1. The ability to CCW or OCW would eliminate that as a concept, cause a 9mm can hold 12 rounds...so the odds are still against the one, but no one in the 12 is safe from reaping the fruits of his aggression and ending up dead.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've also been in situation where a 1 on 1 scuffle turned into 12 on 1. The ability to CCW or OCW would eliminate that as a concept, cause a 9mm can hold 12 rounds...so the odds are still against the one, but no one in the 12 is safe from reaping the fruits of his aggression and ending up dead.
I'm guessing if people could CC, then tough guys like you would stay inside their vehicle.

So, were you the 1 or the 12?

What is your amateur fight record?

Why do you get in so many "skirmishes"?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
You might be the toughest guy on the internet.

EVER.

How about this...?

We see people do stupid things on the roads everyday. You flipped them the bird, and then got out of your vehicle for what purpose?

What would GZ do?
Read the Damm post. They cut me off and blocked me in. It was confrontation time. But you wouldn't understand that. Weasels who snipe and hide usually don't.

You've antagonized a lot of guys on here. Id get rich giving out your name and address.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 PM

Sorry Gust , looks like BeeGuy is intent on stopping this one before we get 60 pages.

It was actually pretty decent and respectful while it lasted.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Read the Damm post. They cut me off and blocked me in. It was confrontation time. But you wouldn't understand that. Weasels who snipe and hide usually don't.

You've antagonized a lot of guys on here. Id get rich giving out your name and address.
I am by law considered a lethal weapon due to my MMA training.

You can't handle me bro.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing if people could CC, then tough guys like you would stay inside their vehicle.

So, were you the 1 or the 12?

What is your amateur fight record?

Why do you get in so many "skirmishes"?
Why do you start stuff and then run and hide?
CCW ensures even the weasels (who never back up their words) get respect.
I answered a valid question....but obviously your purpose is too antagonize.....enjoy your permanent vacation....I know I will.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Sorry Gust , looks like BeeGuy is intent on stopping this one before we get 60 pages.

It was actually pretty decent and respectful while it lasted.
My bad.

Some of these posts are just so far out there I can not resist temptation.

Chuck Norris is taking notes from BH right now.

4 on 1?
12 on 1?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

You've antagonized a lot of guys on here. Id get rich giving out your name and address.??????????????????????
You said you flipped the bird before they blocked you in, you escalated the situation.

I posted a stat earlier on the age group typical to firearm offences (18-24),, maybe a slot-age be required before one can ccw/ocw.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

And here we have the perfect example of the problem . The printed word being used as justification for violence .... so now what if B is much tougher that you think and show up at his door and suddenly yer head and hands are playing with each other..... ya reach fer yer heater cause you are now protecting your self from a head knocking you started ... just like the case recently in florida. Hmmm suspiciously close to reality.
Closed Thread