Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 07:10 PM

Many a night when McDavid has taken things into his own hands we see the outcome !!!! He’ll be beat Tampa bay by himself once already. I say we ice 5 forwards each shift and run with it. Total offence !!!

Then we don’t have to complain about the Defense anymore. We don’t need to worry about finding a #1,2,3, or 4 Dman just sign anyone who can score goals.

Larson should net us a 40 goal scorer with prices for dmen in the current market.

I’d say a healthy Klefbomb gets you another one of the three 50 plus guys out there.

Problem solved.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Uh.... I was there for those hi flying games.

Problem is.... you play fire wagon hockey with:

Montreal... we’ll lose cause they can wheel too
Toronto...... same
Winnipeg...... same same
The Nucks... same same same

We’d kill Calgary with that strategy and we’d destroy Ottawa.....

Gotta be better than three teams to make it to the show boys...
Plan won’t work.
K, I know you had to throw that bit in there about Calgary, but I'm thinking No.

End of the season a bottle will go one way or the other though. Till then, gotta believe I guess.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-27-2021, 09:42 PM

We will see your one an rise you one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 91967e58563e73a26651be79eac07367.jpeg (52.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg download.jpg (14.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 01-27-2021, 10:44 PM

Weak sauce macee.... if I had a puck.. I’d flick it at you... and watch the theatrics
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-28-2021, 11:37 AM

Tonight’s projected line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

I actually like those lines alot

Oilers got to string a couple wins together.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I actually like those lines alot

Oilers got to string a couple wins together.
Me too.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:38 PM

Default Clap clap clap

Quote:
Me too.
Best looking line up I've seen this year.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I like it.

I'd like to get Patrick Russell in there on the wing somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Either Nygard or Archibald would have to come out, and I don't know if that swap works for me. Thank Gord the Khaira experiment only lasted one game.

Jones is getting another chance as the puck mover with Larsson. Here's hoping he can make it happen. Koekoek in for Russell I'm OK with for sure. I'd love to see Bouch get a shot though, even if it means dressing 7D and 11F.

Anyone else surprised that Chiasson hasn't gotten another shot???? I wonder if he'd clear waivers...
Old 01-28-2021, 05:18 PM

Bouchard’s back is messed up

I’d really like to see the Nuclear option
MacD
Drai
NuGE

For 3-4 shifts

Yell at the plugs a whole bunch!!!... hurt their feels... get em Mo’d up.

Bottom 6 need sum Mo.

Also give Kahune some Meth r sumpthin.... get sum giddy in his yup...!
Old 01-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Oooooh man!!!

Big game big game!!!!!!

Our big boys gotta get big points!!

We need goals from our second line!!

We need serious defense!!!!

We need big time goal keeping!!!!!!

Gon be fun fun!!!
Old 01-28-2021, 08:10 PM
Banned

At least there won't be any LAFF fan's cheering for them in the stands tonight
Old 01-28-2021, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Oooooh man!!!

Big game big game!!!!!!

Our big boys gotta get big points!!

We need goals from our second line!!

We need serious defense!!!!

We need big time goal keeping!!!!!!

Gon be fun fun!!!
This is still a problem for us
Old 01-28-2021, 08:42 PM

They played the 1st period just like the Flames did tonight

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:50 PM

Oooof!
Old 01-28-2021, 09:35 PM

“Take 2”. Nice
Old 01-28-2021, 10:17 PM

Ugggg!!! Penalties
Old 01-29-2021, 07:17 AM

Some losses are better than others I guess. I thought they'd played well in the 2nd and 3rd.

Sure would have liked Koskinen to come up with another save or two, but he made some really good ones. He's not losing them for us, but he's not winning them for us either.

PP looked MUCH better in the 2nd and 3rd. That was an interesting experiment in the PP last night, after watching guys rotate through, there's no doubt in my mind that Barrie should be the PP guy, light years better than Nurse, he just has to be a little better at keeping the puck in the zone. Gotta be patient with him until they find the chemistry, especially on the retrievals and zone entries. Neal needs to find his touch and they'll be flying again.

The 3rd line was OK tonight, still leaking too many goals, but more OZone time and Kass finally got himself a goal.

Shore was good, Archie was Archie, Nygard was unfortunately largely invisible. Such amazing wheels, but just can't get anything going or win the puck battles in either end.

I thought Jones played well. The D as a whole had a better game, but we HAVE TO get those pucks out on the PK, that's on the forwards as well, at least one of those PP goals, and probably both, should never have happened if you just take a look and clear the puck.

Kahun still snakebit.

The bloom is coming off of Puljujarvi a bit for me. The effort is still there, but he's really fighting the puck. He needs to find the confidence to have it on his stick, protect it, and make a play when he's down low or in traffic, not just swat it in the direction of 93 or 97. Too many turnovers.

Loved having Gene Principe back, he's a huge part of the broadcast. Condolences to him and his family.

Last thought - what in the H E double hockey stick is a penalty in the NHL these days? I'm 100% dazed and confused on the ref'ing this year...
Old 01-29-2021, 08:19 AM

I think the refs are are fine. They obviously have been instructed to call the slash to the hand penalty. Looks like the league wants it gone. Players will figure it out and penalties will come down. Should lead to more offence no ? This should be a welcome site for McDavid fans.

Rest assured Bear won’t be raising his stick off the ice in the last 10 mins of a game to defend any time soon. That was a long painful skate back to the bench for him.

Seems they are also looking for those interference calls. If you step out of your lane to block someone ur gonna get some time in the sin bin.

Barrie or Nurse on the PP I can take or leave both right now. Nurse has a hard time getting shots threw to the net and Barrie seems to have a hard time setting up Dri for the one timer. Pass never seems to be where he wants it unless it’s coming of Mcdavids stick.

Puljujarvi and Kahun need to start burying some chances. They have had some great looks and nothing to show for it. Turns out NHL goalies are really really good !!!!
Old 01-29-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
Last thought - what in the H E double hockey stick is a penalty in the NHL these days? I'm 100% dazed and confused on the ref'ing this year...
I'm with you there, as Randy can attest! There have been some doozie in Calgary games. Anderson flipped the puck cleanly over the glass, no call, Winnipeg making a clean line change (guy was sitting on the bench before the puck was touched), but puck was in the area, penalty called, two games ago, Lindholm, one hand on the stick, fully extended, blade turned outward reaching for the puck, buddy catches an edge and goes down like he was shot, hooking penalty. The look on Lindholm's face was pretty good though, he was so dumbfounded that it was a call. I don't really care if it's consistently good, or consistently bad, consistency would be a good thing though.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:45 AM

I am ok with that loss last night.

There wuz little bit of gumption.

We need to swing a dead chicken over Kahun's head at midnight to break whatever curse is happening.

my head hurtz this morning.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
Sure would have liked Koskinen to come up with another save or two, but he made some really good ones. He's not losing them for us, but he's not winning them for us either
Accurate assessment, I think. Fatigue has to be playing a factor too. Also, how much is this team missing Klefbom? Not a true #1 Dman but the Oilers best Dman. He didn't have the bomb from the point on the powerplay but he knew who to give it to. Quietly did his job logging big minutes in all situations.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:00 PM

I agree Kosk has got to be getting tired. He may feel fine but mental sharpness is a thing too. I would guess he is very limited in practice time so no real time spent fixing issues other than video and talking.

I would says he is leaking some goals for sure but considering our options I think he has done well.

Start him tonight and Skinner tomorrow.

Interested to see how the rest of the team reacts to Skinner in net. Will they defend better or feed him to the wolves ??
Old 01-30-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
I agree Kosk has got to be getting tired. He may feel fine but mental sharpness is a thing too. I would guess he is very limited in practice time so no real time spent fixing issues other than video and talking.

I would says he is leaking some goals for sure but considering our options I think he has done well.

Start him tonight and Skinner tomorrow.

Interested to see how the rest of the team reacts to Skinner in net. Will they defend better or feed him to the wolves ??
Just once I would like the Oilers to have an unexpected surprise with a prospect. Imagine if Skinner did something similar to what Binnington did a couple years ago.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Just once I would like the Oilers to have an unexpected surprise with a prospect. Imagine if Skinner did something similar to what Binnington did a couple years ago.
Koskinen isn’t the problem. A tender will always let a gaffer or two in every once in a while. The problem is the players in front of him. The same ones and it’s a lot of them, keep making the same mistakes game in and game out. He will eventually have to be rested though...
Old 01-30-2021, 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=elk eater;4320859]
Barrie or Nurse on the PP I can take or leave both right now. Nurse has a hard time getting shots threw to the net and Barrie seems to have a hard time setting up Dri for the one timer. Pass never seems to be where he wants it unless it’s coming of Mcdavids stick.

I don't know what people see in Nurse. To me he can't clear the puck out of the zone, coughs up the puck in the neutral zone and leaves Bear hung out to dry when his "offensive" prowess is going on in the 'O' zone.
I believe the other night when he had 3 assists vs. Winnipeg, he was a -3!!
Old 01-30-2021, 03:28 PM

Nurses talent level is low. About the only thing going for him is he can be gritty and isn’t scared to shoot the puck as opposed to others who over pass or seem to can’t wait to give the puck to someone else.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Koskinen isn’t the problem. A tender will always let a gaffer or two in every once in a while. The problem is the players in front of him. The same ones and it’s a lot of them, keep making the same mistakes game in and game out. He will eventually have to be rested though...
I'm sure Oiler's fans would take a pleasant surprise in a prospect in any position...
Old 01-30-2021, 03:40 PM

I don’t know, but at the end of the day, they just need to put the puck in the net.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:52 PM

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm sure Oiler's fans would take a pleasant surprise in a prospect in any position...
Feh!

We got puuhlenty prospects comin on fine.

Bear yuuup

Honeybadger... yuuuup.

Lots.

Jus got back from ice fishin..... 200k on Tonk an she still goes..! Yaaas!

Go Mighty Oil!!!!!!