Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2019, 04:27 PM

"Northeastern Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have confirmed they have received a number of calls reporting a potential sighting of the two men connected with three homicides in British Columbia, Bryan Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod, according to CBC.

Police want to make clear that none of the sightings have been confirmed."

Link

Via roadway, that's about 2,400 km from Gillam.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
This was not a life threatening flood or fire.

You are comparing apples to nuclear reactors.

Exactly, if anyone was effected by the incident, it would be the people facing the flood or the fire, those threats were real, we don't even know for sure if the suspects were even the area, so there may have been zero threat to the residents.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:44 PM

Me thinks Sasquatch is the third party help. They have sited it but never found it. So if it is, they will never find those two guys. Guess who just became the cave bee-at-ches?
And now for something completely different...……...
Old 07-31-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Me thinks Sasquatch is the third party help. They have sited it but never found it. So if it is, they will never find those two guys. Guess who just became the cave bee-at-ches?
And now for something completely different...……...
Northern Manitoba it’s more likely Wendigo.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:10 PM

My guess is these pukes are loooong gone from Gillam, wouldn’t be surprised if they are enjoying their time at someone’s lakeside cabin in northern Ontario or even further east into Quebec. The York landing search bought them a lot of time and space.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:26 PM

Possibly. Also possible they offed themselves ala Thelma and Louise, and are now being feasted upon by flies. I sure hope so.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
"Northeastern Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have confirmed they have received a number of calls reporting a potential sighting of the two men connected with three homicides in British Columbia, Bryan Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod, according to CBC.

Link

This is getting crazy.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:13 PM

“received a number of calls reporting a potential sighting of the two men”

So someone called many times about one sighting.
I now know why they can’t find them.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Link

The report out of Kapuskasing would fit their MO of staying North to avoid the police. The Sudbury report I would question. If they truly were seen in Kapuskasing the police should have a heavy presence in Abana, QC. Thats where theyll be off to next.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Northern Manitoba it’s more likely Wendigo.

I thought Wendigo was just a bit east of Bonnyville in Ft Kent?
Old 07-31-2019, 08:10 PM

According to the Globe and Mail the losers are part of a video game platform that worships the Third Reich.
Maybe the police can get "in " their game and figure out their next move.
Maybe it's suicide, just like Hitler

Let's hope so.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:30 PM

After having just returned from searching for these two in Gillam and area, with first hand knowledge of what it is like up there, I think that they are gone. We may never see them again. I grew up at the "end of the road" in Ft. Mac, and the end of the road in Gillam makes the end of the road in Fort Mac look like Disneyland. We are not dealing with masters of escape and evasion, we are dealing with teenagers whose grandeur ideas of bushmanship is to go in the woods to play airsoft on Van Isle. They need the necessities of life, and I believe that they are not mentally or physically prepared for what they will encounter in the deep wild of northern Manitoba. Air support, FLIR, whatever, it is simply not going to pick up two skinny kids who want to hide in that expanse of land, and it doesn't pick up cold bodies. Unfortunate for the families of the victims that they may never get closure, but I would be willing to bet that these two left that burning vehicle and that will be the last time they ever see any form of civilization.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 PM

Is there factual proof they even went into the bush?
Old 07-31-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Is there factual proof they even went into the bush?
A good question. Given how far they traveled by car, it seems odd they'd suddenly take to foot into that harsh environment. Continuing on by road certainly fits the pattern better.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:01 PM

I’m no murdering maniac but I’d leave the biggest red herring trail you could imagine. Go far enough to convince them you’re gone east then circle back west.

Kinda like what a moose might do lol. You’re hot on his trail and he’s standing on the downwind ridge watching for you.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 PM

Yes but the whole country is looking for them now. Every on and off duty first responder has their eyes peeled, not to mention the majority of switched on civilians. They have not been seen or heard from in 10 days. Where are they getting money from? Where are they buying food? Filling up with gas? Not one credible sighting in almost two weeks. They traced their path across western Canada with bank records and surveillance footage and now nothing for 10 days. No one is able to change their appearance that much to not be noticed when you are the subjects of a national manhunt. Especially two white scrawny 6'4 teenagers.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:06 PM
Banned

Listening to the 630CHED 6pm newscast, they said the RCMP are scaling back the search the search based on they have "expired" in the bush ??? Really??
Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Or hopped the train, or had a second vehicle parked out of town, or hitchhiked, or gotten a ride from a third party, or taken a bus, or canoed down the river, or simply walked down the tracks to Ilford, or still be camping out in the bush somewhere.

I really don't buy into the, "we are going to kill people in northern BC, then drive 3,000ish km across the country in a couple days to go kill ourselves in the bush".
I could buy into them finding another way out, or farther down the trail.

I also kind of doubt they'd go that far, just to end it that way. But you never know. Maybe a week or two without food, bad water, and bug bitten from their ears to undercarriage might have taken the will to live out of them. Maybe hopelessly lost, miserable, and on the run might just be more than a couple of soft living teens with sick heads could handle.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Listening to the 630CHED 6pm newscast, they said the RCMP are scaling back the search based on they have "expired" in the bush ???

The RCMP officers or the kids?
Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I’m no murdering maniac but I’d leave the biggest red herring trail you could imagine. Go far enough to convince them you’re gone east then circle back west.

Kinda like what a moose might do lol. You’re hot on his trail and he’s standing on the downwind ridge watching for you.
Maybe they did find a way back once they realized they were at a dead end.

Also potentially carrying a lot of supplies, and could lay low and wait for the heat to die down for a couple weeks.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
No one is able to change their appearance that much to not be noticed when you are the subjects of a national manhunt. Especially two white scrawny 6'4 teenagers.
I honestly believe if they split up, changed their clothes, hair cut/shaved/dye job, they could saunter around downtown for hours. In my experiences, people aren't terribly observant.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I honestly believe if they split up, changed their clothes, hair cut/shaved/dye job, they could saunter around downtown for hours. In my experiences, people aren't terribly observant.
^^ this^^
Old 07-31-2019, 09:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I doubt they have the resources to do that. If the commandeered supplies etc. someone would have reported it.

I think the northern bush has dispensed justice and if it has then maybe this type of therapy should be studied with an eye to application to other in incorrigibles

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-31-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
With a fresh shave, hat and sunglasses 99% of the public wouldn’t be able to recognize the bearded one. The dark haired weasel lookin skid mark on the other hand is going to have a tough time disguising himself.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:48 PM

Default Update from Kapuskasing

https://saultonline.com/2019/07/call...h-kapuskasing/
Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 PM

I’m also starting to become fairly certain they died somewhere in the bush also. Whether suicide or animal attack or who knows. Impossible to find a body in all that area.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 PM

They are alive. A week in the bush with limited supplies doesn’t kill you.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
They are alive. A week in the bush with limited supplies doesn’t kill you.
Tough to explain summer insects in the North to someone who hasn't experienced them. In your eyes, they love lips and don't open your mouth. The RCMP haven't said, but is there any conclusive evidence they actually went into the bush there ? Be a tough slug on foot, very tiring as well, so they wouldn't have gotten that far. I keep thinking railroad, , back to Winnipeg. Just random thoughts.

Grizz
Old 07-31-2019, 10:25 PM

Double back look like homeless on the street in a city? Downtown East side Vancouver .The bearded one shaved put on a hat grab a shopping cart and hasn't washed in ten days and the other grew a scruff of facial hair and smells like no ***** wiped, same thing. Who would know? Still in the bush? Hope they are not allergic to bug bites (like me). Still in the bush? The carnivore animals will feast. They are gone elsewhere or dead. If never found, families of victims will never really know what happened. No one to tell the tale. Rcmp called of the massive search and waiting for them to slip up and appear somewhere. They probably think they are dead. All the new sightings? Ya ok! Sasquatch, Ogo Pogo, Lockness UFO'S an honest politician
Old 07-31-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Tough to explain summer insects in the North to someone who hasn't experienced them. In your eyes, they love lips and don't open your mouth. The RCMP haven't said, but is there any conclusive evidence they actually went into the bush there ? Be a tough slug on foot, very tiring as well, so they wouldn't have gotten that far. I keep thinking railroad, , back to Winnipeg. Just random thoughts.

Grizz
Experienced it. Won’t kill you.