Which country are we living in again?
"Your papers please, Comrade".
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuard84 View Post
Which country are we living in again?
Canadastan !!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM

I made a thread warning people to secure and photograph if they were not taking em with them , but damn. I never thought it would be the RCMP busting in and stealing stuff...

This is so shady,
And setting up barricades and spike strips and only mentioning firearms, are they trying to make that city look like a anarchist cult town?

Honestly they are painting the victims in such a poor light, I can't believe it.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil A View Post
Given that most of them were already locked up they cops had to cut into lockers and vaults. More destruction of personal property.

A real knee jerk jack booted response for sure.

Funny how everytime one of us leaves our residence we don't take all our guns with us so using the logic of that statement the cops are right out to lunch.

If they have the town as secure as they think they do then no one should be walking around stealing stuff.
Did it say that they were breaking into gun safes?
They might be doing some people a favour by securing the guns that were not locked up.
I don't think there are enough cops to guard every house constantly throughout the evacuation.
When this is over we will find out if there was any wrong doing.
But right now it is still a state of emergency and the evacuation is required.
If any guns got stolen the RCMP would be blamed for not doing something.
Remember that it is not a requirement that guns have to be locked in a safe during storage so there would be a lot of them stored in closets and the bad guys know that.
Guns a the prime target for B&E so it makes sense to gather up the loose ones so that they don't get stolen.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The army was also breaching doors....looking for people and pets in destroyed homes....was pretty ugly down there.

LC
Yes they were but they were not seizing firearms! Apparently the RCMP was refusing to let the military personnel in with them. Breach door, RCMP go in.

Sumbuddy is goin to geta hurt, reel bad! Sumbuddy! (From a Russell Peters skit, I'm not racist)
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
Did it say that they were breaking into gun safes?
They might be doing some people a favour by securing the guns that were not locked up.
I don't think there are enough cops to guard every house constantly throughout the evacuation.
When this is over we will find out if there was any wrong doing.
But right now it is still a state of emergency and the evacuation is required.
If any guns got stolen the RCMP would be blamed for not doing something.
Remember that it is not a requirement that guns have to be locked in a safe during storage so there would be a lot of them stored in closets and the bad guys know that.
Guns a the prime target for B&E so it makes sense to gather up the loose ones so that they don't get stolen.
This is so lame it's not even funny, who gives a rip if it's a gun or a piece of jewellery that's stolen. You cannot keep guns out of the hands of criminals ever. So why are guns so damn important that they would walk right by more valuable stuff. Why not remove the big screen TV's far easier for criminals to sell, why not remove jewelry? Fricken police state and people stand by and say it's for the best, wake UP. edit. The Wake UP is aimed at all of us, not directly at Battle Rat.

Thomas Sowell

Last edited by pikergolf; 06-27-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 PM

Talking

Good thing my 82 year old Mom packed her Glock 9mm with her when she got evacked on Thursday!!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Good thing my 82 year old Mom packed her Glock 9mm with her when she got evacked on Thursday!!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:24 PM

I see it both ways, either way it will get people bent out of shape. Just look at this thread.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM

either their is more to this story than the reporter said cause it would sell more papers or some RCMP officers erred in judgement.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Calm down people, we live in a democratic country. We have all rights to protect us from government . It's not like we live in one of the Islamic country ,where the police can simply enter your home without a warrant.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM

If the house was locked, technically the firearms are safely stored. If the police went in and seized firearms and not other valuables, I think they are on thin ice.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

They may have gone past what is required in a state of emergency, from what been posted they did more than look for people
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxr1o...ature=youtu.be

I noticed the gun case in the dingy when I watched this earlier today. Couldn't figure out what it was for. Now I know. Fast forward to about 8:57 that case looks like a rifle case to me.

People have enough to worry about right now they don't need the cops looting them.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM

If the firearms were secured in safes they had better dang well left them there. IF they were incorrectly stored.....owners may get an extra gift when they go to get their things....

LC
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
This is so lame it's not even funny, who gives a rip if it's a gun or a piece of jewellery that's stolen. You cannot keep guns out of the hands of criminals ever. So why are guns so damn important that they would walk right by more valuable stuff. Why not remove the big screen TV's far easier for criminals to sell, why not remove jewelry? Fricken police state and people stand by and say it's for the best, wake UP. edit. The Wake UP is aimed at all of us, not directly at Battle Rat.
My thinking is that crooks would only be moving in and out on foot in this case and small valuables like guns would be a more likely target an easier to carry out than a big item like TVs.
Jewellery would also be targeted but I can see the RCMP not gathering up jewellery boxes just because they are normally a mix of costume with the expensive stuff.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
but I can see the RCMP not gathering up jewellery boxes just because they are normally a mix of costume with the expensive stuff.
Yes, this is definitely why they chose to round up all the guns and not the diamonds. lol
Old 06-27-2013, 05:43 PM

Removing that mayor should be priority to the High River residence.

How many hardware stores are open in Alberta? Take a twenty minute drive in any direction and find out.

RCMP budget too big? Obviously.

Too many rcmp standing around bored I guess. Unfortunate.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM

Default I would have no way...

I'd have no way to prove ownership on my non restricteds.

I guess this ties into the advice given when a members house burned down.
Document all your belongings with pictures and video and store off site. Like someone said, free photobucket might be valuable. Or email them to yourself.

While the firearms were potentially submerged, they weren't exposed to O2. So rusting would have been inhibited until the owner could retrieve them and take proper cleaning precautions. Do you think the RCMP are being that careful with them? Or just letting them start rusting in a place they can control.

It ain't gonna be good...
Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I agree Richard. I agree...

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Default Pal

People that own firearms must know that if a law inforcement takes your gun ,he or she must prove that there have there PAL not the POL ,never let no one take/borrow your firearm without seeing there PAL .This just burns my ass what is going on in Highriver
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Where is the media?

Where in the dickens is that useless Wildrose Party.

This is political hay for them.

And the Conservative Party of Canada. Just like Liberals they think us gun owners do not vote.

What has happened is so so wrong.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM

I just quickly scanned the posts but this is a repeat of what happened to many people after the slave lake fire. RCMP confiscation of property including firearms that were never returned to the rightful LEGAL owners.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM

There better be an explanation for this if the details of the story are true, If it is true somebody better lose their job over this, to make such a poor decision of this magnitude shows terrible judgement. This will impact obedience from the populace on future emergencies potentially to the detriment of both parties. People will stay behind against evac orders to protect their house from not only criminals and looters but the authorities. If they don't do that if they have the time you will see people driving out of emergency zones with trucks full of guns which could cause other issues. Such poor judgement I can't believe they would even go there... Interesting that they went through all the houses (at least it better not have been targeting gun owners) and there was no mention of grow ops or anything illegal, just guns...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
I just quickly scanned the posts but this is a repeat of what happened to many people after the slave lake fire. RCMP confiscation of property including firearms that were never returned to the rightful LEGAL owners.
I never knew that.

Even juicier news.

I can be5 Cukier and Rock are having a toast at the faculty club at their respective universities having that monkey Harper do all the work for them.

Sickening.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM

Pathetic. What were they thinking? Email to Ted Menzies sent. I hope he sticks up for his constituents.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Banned

Well...sadly I predicted this on Day 1.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=182532

Hopefully members here had the opportunity to secure theirs at a friends or something.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:18 PM

I would like to know who gave RCMP the order to go pick up the firearms. I thought Hitler was dead I quess I'm wrong.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
.....Interesting that they went through all the houses......and there was no mention of grow ops or anything illegal, just guns.....
Didn't you know?

Its OK for the SS....I mean the police....to kick your door down without a warrant and shoot your dogs at 2 in the morning to search for guns; but its not OK for them to do the same thing to search for drugs.

Ask any baby-boomer burnt out hippie liberal.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM

Default Embarrassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Kanadahar
or "Soviet Canuckistan"? That's about as low as the thieves who trashed and looted some Calgary condos while they were evacuated. I hope the politicians will have the political guts to say NO to this and make the RCMP return the firearms without any hesitation or conditions. If I was a High River resident I would be LIVID - hell I am without even having that problem. Using this situation as an excuse for that sort of BS action - ARGGGGH!! I am sending off a "polite" email to my own MP, for what it is worth.