Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Since you don't know the difference between kicking in a door and knocking on the door I will rephrase.

A criminal enters your house and says "I'm here to kill you wife"

Do you try stop him with a gun or phone the police and wait.
Once they cross that very crucial threshold then I will use the appropriate force to subdue the assailant the missus will be holding a 12ga. Like with like I dont need a gun to defend me or mine . Some do with little understanding of what the repercussions actually are.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned

At any rate, once again, despite the sincerest wishes of the left, increasing liberty of the citizens will fail to provide them with their desired increase in blood bath's. Happens time after time. A conservative government increases the freedom of it's people to the wailing and gnashing of liberal teeth, and once again the apocalypse will fail to materialize.

All I ever hear from liberals is how there will be blood in the streets after ccw or blood in the streets if we let so and so have guns etc etc etc. That's all they ever have though. Talk. The facts ALWAYS show that their predictions NEVER materialize. NEVER.

Does anyone really think the gun death rates in Georgia are going to increase now? Of course they won't. Only someone incapable of learning from history would thing otherwise.

Last edited by rugatika; 04-04-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Once they cross that very crucial threshold then I will use the appropriate force to subdue the assailant the missus will be holding a 12ga. Like with like I dont need a gun to defend me or mine . Some do with little understanding of what the repercussions actually are.
Why is she holding a 12ga and not phoning 911.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Since you don't know the difference between kicking in a door and knocking on the door I will rephrase.

A criminal enters your house and says "I'm here to kill you wife"

Do you try stop him with a gun or phone the police and wait.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Why is she holding a 12ga and not phoning 911.
She dialed 911 whilst opening the trigger lock women are good at multitasking .
Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
let me get this straight...you were in the forces where Joe taxpayer paid to have you trained in hand to hand?, now the rest of us aren't trusted to defend ourselves with a gun, but your missus can back you up with a 12 ga.?...am I missing something here?...
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
She dialed 911 whilst opening the trigger lock women are good at multitasking .
Still doesn't answer why she is holding a 12ga.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
At any rate, once again, despite the sincerest wishes of the left, increasing liberty of the citizens will fail to provide them with their desired increase in blood bath's. Happens time after time. A conservative government increases the freedom of it's people to the wailing and gnashing of liberal teeth, and once again the apocalypse will fail to materialize.
By statistics (which can be bias) roughly speaking more people die per day of firearms deaths in georgia than canada.
10,000,000 vs 30,000,000
so one could say incomparison it already is a blood bath.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
let me get this straight...you were in the forces where Joe taxpayer paid to have you trained in hand to hand?, now the rest of us aren't trusted to defend ourselves with a gun, but your missus can back you up with a 12 ga.?...am I missing something here?...
Notice cross threashold . Not take grocery shopping . Where did I every post dont trust ?? Get trained carry what ever you like just like the swiss for the 85856537853 th time.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
where's your gun?
Standing beside my bed.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
By statistics (which can be bias) roughly speaking more people die per day of firearms deaths in georgia than canada.
10,000,000 vs 30,000,000
so one could say incomparison it already is a blood bath.
Once again comparing apples to oranges.

Like I said, all other increases in liberty in other states have failed to produce your desired blood baths.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Once again comparing apples to oranges.

Like I said, all other increases in liberty in other states have failed to produce your desired blood baths.
Canada is 1.54./100,000, Georgia is3.06/100,000, disturbing numbers, but even an illiterate like me wouldn't call that a blood bath....
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Standing beside my bed.
And where are you in relation to the entry of the vestibule?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Canada is 1.54./100,000, Georgia is3.06/100,000, disturbing numbers, but even an illiterate like me wouldn't call that a blood bath....
I wonder what that number would be if you removed Arlanta from the equation.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
And where are you in relation to the entry of the vestibule?
As you started this thread without stating your position on the idea I think you are just looking to have an argument.

Try someone else.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Thats not what my link shows canada .5 per. georgia 13.5 per.http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
I wonder what that number would be if you removed Arlanta from the equation.
Wont the new law apply to Atlanta.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Banned

Since this forum has several thousand lurkers, a lot of who are in the petroleum industry, I will bet you are laughing how much of our petroleum software comes out of Hot Lanta. Those folks are not dumb.

And Fishgunner, If you really were in the true army of Canada, not some loser reservist, I would tell Hal's daughter to run if she even saw you with a safety pin.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats not what my link shows canada .5 per. georgia 13.5 per.http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio...tates_by_state

Check out the stat for DC. Most restrictive gun laws in the U.S.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Wont the new law apply to Atlanta.
Yes it would. Your point?

It's not hard to see your a gun hater in the truest form. How are the gun laws working in your homeland? Crime down?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Since this forum has several thousand lurkers, a lot of who are in the petroleum industry, I will bet you are laughing how much of our petroleum software comes out of Hot Lanta. Those folks are not dumb.

And Fishgunner, If you really were in the true army of Canada, not some loser reservist, I would tell Hal's daughter to run if she even saw you with a safety pin.
Ok I know your forgetful olde one but try the brits for the 10th time. I would be honored to fish with you some time so you can get the long version lol.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio...tates_by_state

Check out the stat for DC. Most restrictive gun laws in the U.S.
Seems to be working well there now doesn't it.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
iirw then I thought mr brady passed from his wounds . And if we look at history all the guys with firearms are standing around looking for some one to shoot and an unarmed (not actualy holding a firearm) person took down the shooter , much like in RFK 's passing. So aactually in both thoses cases brave men stopped the shooter not armed individuals. Hmmm bravery in these cases was by far a better response than grabing a fire arm. Who knew ???
I hope they post you to Afganistan or some other peace keeping mission without a gun. Because based on your logic and arguements; a) you don't need a gun to take down the bad guys; b) your opposed to guns as you believe no guns in law abiding hands promotes peace, nor will stop the bad guys; c) you view seems to think that limiting the guns in good guys hands will limit the guns in the bad guys hands.

I will even pay for a daisy to be provided to you daily if your posted to a peace mission and agree to never carry a gun......unless you really just an armoured desk gunner that thinks only the militAry or police have the right to carry a gun to maintain peace.......just cause your on the carrying side. If so, that called being a hypocrite.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 04-04-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Yes it would. Your point?

It's not hard to see your a gun hater in the truest form. How are the gun laws working in your homeland? Crime down?
Lol well I looked and scotland has had a falling firearms deaths 2006 .41 per/ 2010 .21 per. The uk have never used alot of firearms traditionally. Far to impersonal people can forget who shot them . Cutting is nice and personal so to speak . So not really relitive ime.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
No she ain't backing him up, she is the one confronting the intruder,..fish gunner went in hiding under the bed
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 PM

None as blind as those who will not see, FG. Facts are simply not on your side but that doesn't seem to bother you. At least be honest and use logical arguments. Say you don't like guns. Say you feel they're used too often or by untrained users, etc. I don't know.

But it's kind of laughable to hear the wild tales you're telling here, like "guns didn't stop Brady's shooter, brave individuals did..." (paraphrased), and ignoring that violent crime in general in the UK has been on the rise after the gun ban, while it has been decreasing in the US for awhile now, regardless of new CC laws and generally looser legislation re. firearms.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

Sure are a lot of vet haters on here.

on subject;

I guess it's how one moves about their environment,, I've never had a reason to be armed (and I've lived in some pretty sketchy american neighbourhoods), nor do I feel a need to look over my shoulder in my day to day. I live in the city. On a farm - well - I had a thread on that a few months back regarding a local constabulary to act as back up for those more remote places.

As for the linear thinking CCW crowd,, seriously, you think I'll be reaching for a gun or the phone if someone comes into my home?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
I hope they post you to Afganistan or some other peace keeping mission without a gun. Because based on your logic and arguements; a) you don't need a gun to take down the bad guys; b) your opposed to guns as you believe no guns in law abiding hands promotes peace, nor will stop the bad guys; c) you view seems to think that limiting the guns in good guys hands will limit the guns in the bad guys hands.

I will even pay for a daisy to be provided to you daily if your posted to a peace mission and agree to never carry a gun......unless you really just an armoured desk gunner that thinks only the militAry or police have the right to carry a gun to maintain peace.......just cause your on the carrying side. If so, that called being a hypocrite.
you misrepresent me notice swiss model refreance . Cause good guys serve in Switzerland. How can you tell a good guy in Switzerland , he owns a gun lol . In the us a heartbeat will get you a gun at a pawn shop heck a gas station . Why does Switzerland have next to no gun crime ... respect .try to pic up on that sir .
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 PM

With the law 25 miles away and i would be willing to bet they'd get lost on the way here. The last thing I'll be reaching for is a phone.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
None as blind as those who will not see, FG. Facts are simply not on your side but that doesn't seem to bother you. At least be honest and use logical arguments. Say you don't like guns. Say you feel they're used too often or by untrained users, etc. I don't know.

But it's kind of laughable to hear the wild tales you're telling here, like "guns didn't stop Brady's shooter, brave individuals did..." (paraphrased), and ignoring that violent crime in general in the UK has been on the rise after the gun ban, while it has been decreasing in the US for awhile now, regardless of new CC laws and generally looser legislation re. firearms.
Well I look at the pages of countries around the world wit reasonable restrictive firearms laws . Then I look at the us guess what that shows 1# the us is a mess #2 there more worried about carring guns than each other #3 see one and two . Now add 300 million guns guess what you get .... lots of people getting shot ?? Not sure how else to look at that. see what every one is missing imo is the motivated individuals (ie the shooters) cannot be stopped with any amount of law or fire power imo the US has the market cornered in motivated individuals with guns . Is the rest of the planet well ajusted ? Doubt it so as Sherlock would suggest what is left ??? Too many guns .... bingo . Self centered society thats scared of its own shadow with out a care of the other guy imo .
Closed Thread