Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-14-2009, 09:02 AM

If you google Stettler County noise bylaw it's the first thing that comes up.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdone View Post
I have heard that if your range set up meets the legal requirements you can get someone to come out to your place for $50 and certify your range as a legal one. That way when your neighbor comes complaining you can just smile, wave and blast off another 100 rounds!

Hunt Hard!
I think you heard wrong.

Any range that is to be inspected needs to be inspected by the CFC. You also need, development approval from the MD or County, you need to meet very stringent construction and design criteria, and you must have liability insurance on the peoperty.

If it is for personal use it falls out of a lot of the scope discribed above, but ask one person to pay to access it and your into a big pile of pooh.

Now existing ranges have been some what grandfathered, start new and you'll need berms, baffles and all sorts of enigineered items.

There are no absolutes
Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
troller

Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM

Once you have your written permission and are positive you are not violating any bylaws. i would send him a letter stating the facts and also inviting him and his familly to come try shooting(we can all dream of converting antis) ive dealt with these idiots before and unfortunately if you dont try to be "nice" "someones feelings will get hurt" and you will end up with many visits from the rcmp, of which i have had dealings with several who dont even know the gun laws they are supposed to inforce. needless to say you dont want to be the crazy guy with all the guns to the city folk next door.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 PM

Keep on shooting but contact the county and notify them of the situation because it sounds like he is attempting to "gather evidence" and lodge a complaint with them. It would be wise to beat him to the punch so that he looks like the whiney B*&#@h that he is!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 PM

I would say charge him with treaspassing when he took the pictures if it comes down to being ugly.