Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-12-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
Thank you for the reply’s,my son has added the Schmidt and Bender,Ziess and is curious about the March line up,the swaro is still the front runner,most magnification mentioned can be covered by the swaro,with extra to spare.Does Leupold still produce the VX 6 or 7,his buddy mentioned the Leupold 6-7 if they are still in the list of Leupolds.
March are fantastic optics. Don't let the 5year warranty scare you off. That's a Japanese regulation due to volume of output. Doug down in Calgary is the Canadian rep, good guy and has lots of inventory. Very clear glass on the March, great magnification range. Holds up to big boomers (50 cals). Message me if you want more info on the March, I'm running a number of them
Old 09-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for the reply’s,my son has added the Schmidt and Bender,Ziess and is curious about the March line up,the swaro is still the front runner,most magnification mentioned can be covered by the swaro,with extra to spare.Does Leupold still produce the VX 6 or 7,his buddy mentioned the Leupold 6-7 if they are still in the list of Leupolds.
Leupold 6-7’s don’t have any better glass than their other scopes
Best option they make is the mark5

P&D has new ZEISS scopes, not sure about this z8 swaro
Schmidt and bender only has a couple dealers in canada
March canada is in calgary
Old 09-12-2022, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburbot View Post
March are fantastic optics. Don't let the 5year warranty scare you off. That's a Japanese regulation due to volume of output. Doug down in Calgary is the Canadian rep, good guy and has lots of inventory. Very clear glass on the March, great magnification range. Holds up to big boomers (50 cals). Message me if you want more info on the March, I'm running a number of them
I’ve never heard anything bad about a march scope
Old 09-12-2022, 11:33 AM

Double post... sorry
Old 09-12-2022, 03:18 PM

This thread probably concerns hunting scopes.. but for those that have not looked thru a NightForce Competition you may change your opinion . We ran a side by side test with a March and the NF Comp. Not a large group of shooters by any means but everyone picked the NF.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:43 PM

Default Z5 scope

Quote:
Wondering if anyone has a Swarovski Z8i 3.5X28X50 and what they think of it,my son is trying to decide on his next new scope and this Swaro is the front runner ?
I have 2 of them 1 on a Sako 85 finnlight in 300 Wm and on the other on Browning A Bolt MT Ti in 7mm wsm they are great have shot out to 985yards great glass. They are not a True MOA scope and if you order a turret they work awesome, my son has one on his 338 wm.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Leupold 6-7’s don’t have any better glass than their other scopes
Best option they make is the mark5

P&D has new ZEISS scopes, not sure about this z8 swaro
Schmidt and bender only has a couple dealers in canada
March canada is in calgary
I was just curious as to what the difference between the glass in a VX 6hd and a Mark 5?
Old 09-15-2022, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
I was just curious as to what the difference between the glass in a VX 6hd and a Mark 5?
Glass will be the same
Internal components on the mark 5’s are heavier duty
Less plastic
Better clicks, less chance of issues
More elevation range
35mm tube can be problematic to find rings
Old 09-15-2022, 10:32 PM

Leupold mark5 is a great design in my opinion. It took them time to make it right but they did.

By leupold fashion. They are lightweight. They track and have good glass by the feedback I’ve read. I feel their price point at 3k is in line with what you get. I have a 5-25 and it’s been spot on. Arc makes great rings for it if you like their design.

I think with a scope of the ops magnification range you better have a plan figured out with custom dials or turrets or reticle to utilize that magnification range. It’s much beyond a point and shoot scope.

If it’s more a point and shoot. Checkout the z8 2-16 and 1.7-13.

It’s a lot of coin to spend on a scope and it maybe more than is needed size/magnification wise. A 3-18 or 3-15 type scope can really reach out there!